Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHat is your WORST episode of SG-1 ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang. Most of you hate Family Ties, but I enjoyed it, lol.

The worst one to me was 'Unending'. I didn't understand the storyline. And them having all this advanced technology but can't save themselves. And then they went back in time and never remembered all the good moments of their lives.
    And seeing them old really freaked me out, I don't know why.
    I thought it was a pointless episodes.
    sigpic
    ~I am the Ultimate Chosen One and was Chosen by Destiny~

Comment

Space Race sucked.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos-Storm View Post
        Family Ties has to be the worst. I do cringe at the thought of watching some of them over again, like Enemy Mine and Gemini. But I guess I'll list my least favouries for each season. I like most episodes that are even remotely tied to the main story line in some way, are funny, and do not require our heroes to be stupid for them to occur

Season 1 - Emancipation - Never mentioned again, plot could come from any mongolian movie.
        S2 - One False step - while it did explore the whole kill someone by simply stepping though the stargate philosophy, it was just boring, and the costumes/skin was cringeworthy.
        S3- Maybe urgo?
        S4- The light
        (I find it hard to find fault in season 3 and 4 otherwise)
        S5- Beast of Burden - The whole unintellegent unas stories don't sit that well with me. Unas without a goauld is just boring...
        S6- Sights Unseen
        S7- Enemy Mine/Grace.
        S8 - Gemini,Mobias. Huge plot hole at the end of it as it didn't actually show how they prevented ra from taking the gate, so that kind of seemed lame. For a two parter, very little actually happened.
        S9 - The Scourge. I just thought it wasn't very convincingly done somehow. Other than that, I thought season 9 was very solid.
        S10 - Morpheous, and most of all, Family Ties.
        Hush.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateChosenOne View Post
          Dang. Most of you hate Family Ties, but I enjoyed it, lol.

The worst one to me was 'Unending'. I didn't understand the storyline. And them having all this advanced technology but can't save themselves. And then they went back in time and never remembered all the good moments of their lives.
          And seeing them old really freaked me out, I don't know why.
          I thought it was a pointless episodes.
          No offence but its not like it was a tough storyline and just because they have this advanced tech doesnt mean they understand it. Plus they did save themselves and they also get to relive their lives in a better way.

Comment

Politics and Inauguration are probably my least favorites. I just hate not having any type of action.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Hmm... I have to confess that I had to look up some of the names of these episodes everyone hates so much... couldn't always connect them with the stories!

I don't think I actually hate an episode of SG-1 outright. There were a few I didn't go out of my way to watch, but when I did I remembered why this was such a great show. There was always something in it that made me laugh or was just generally ass-kickingly cool. My least favourite season as a whole is probably the eighth. Everything just seemed to get a bit tired and over used, especially RDA's sarky comments. And they were nearly always on Earth - you didn't SG-1 going off world and kicking butt nearly as often. I missed that. I know most people don't like S9 and s10, but I think they added much needed freshness to the series and I became a lot more excited waiting for an episode of those than I had been for the whole of s8.

I don't actually remember Family Ties that well.... so maybe that one has purged itself from my memory... hmm... but I must admit that my favourite SG episodes are the ones that are one offs - 1969, Bounty, Bad Guys, Window of Opportunity (who doesn't love that one!), Upgrades, A Matter of Time... stuff like that. I don't like it when series get bogged down all the time in the over all story arc like the Goa'uld and Ori etc. threats. Alas, it happens to all series eventually. I like the original one-off episodes more - they seem much lighter and care free. But I generally like all of them - there's always something good in each one.
              sigpic

Both sigs made by the lovely Scifan

Comment

Emancipation, god this episode was just bad.
                Wormhole X-Treme, self explanatory.
                Sight Unseen, just a stupid idea.
                Icon, had potential but failed miserably.
                Affinity, again potential but failed miserably.
                Bounty, I hate all the Lucian Alliance episodes.
                Family Ties, this just didn't work at all. Bad story, bad acting.

I also generally don't like the Teal'c episodes. I love Teal'c so I don't know if its the writing that I don't like or what.
                You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

"Unending" for obvious reasons of course.
                  sigpic
                  100 million light years away from earth:
                  Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Emancipation, hands down.

Comment

Don't tptb say that "Hathor" was so bad that they don't even consider it part of the series canon?

I think everyone involved with the show really hated "Emancipation" too.

For me "Bad Guys" was terrible. Michael Shanks expressed his regret about "Bad Guys" (how the plot didn't make much sense with cutting 30 min. of footage).
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        Can only pick 1, for me it has got to be Family Ties, what a worthless episode, hated every moment of it.
                        Worst SG-1 episode? Isn't that sentence like an oxymoron? . Can't say I have one, they're all pretty damn good .

sigpic
                        Plei gotz engaged

Team 40,000 Chevrons FTW!

"My external appearance is down 5%, Shion, I need to be cleaned"

Comment

I liked 200... and One False Step... and Divide and Conquer... and Wormhole X-treme... and Bad Guys... and Grace...

But here's my list anyway:

S1: Tie between Hathor and Singularity
                          S2: Secrets *shutter*
                          S3: Learning Curve
                          S4: Prodigy *hands down! I still won't watch that nonsence on DVD! Bleh!*
                          S5: Tie between Ascension (I do know WHY it was needed... Doesn't mean I have to like it) and Rite of Passage.
                          S6: Frozen
                          S7: Birthright (and I had such high hopes for that one. *sigh*)
                          S8: Sacrifices (prolly because I didn't like Birthright.)
                          S9: Ripple Effect
                          S10: Company of Thieves
                          Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                          You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

The worst for me is Prisoners. I found that the story moved a bit slow.

Comment

Citizen Joe, Changeling, Grace.

Comment

Emancipation. The Broca Divide. One False Step. Past and Present. Crystal Scull. Sight Unseen. Icon. Covenant. Citizen Joe. Avalon. Collateral Damage. The scourge. Morpheus. Talion. Family Ties.
                                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X