Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Perhaps she would have been embarrassed given the pressures you mention..

Of course Doc Frasier also said she was in shock--probably from the process the alien put them through--so as a medical condition, that helps explain the blanket she got.

i think Jack suppressed his emotions through the whole experience and they came out in the car smashing.
    But are we talking real, medical shock, or television shock? In the real world, "shock" is a life-threatening condition in which a person's blood pressure is dangerously low, which can lead to organ failure if not treated. Treatment for shock usually includes medicines to raise the blood pressure, intravenous fluids, or blood products, depending on what type of shock it is.

Comment

I think it's not shock as in medical shock with life-threatening conditions but shock as in having experienced sth you cannot grasp or take in within a short time. People surviving severe accidents uninjured often display a condition like that. IMO this was meant when Fraiser said Carter was in shock.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

or tv medical treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          or tv medical treatment.
          I think if TV medical treatment were actual treatment there'd be a lot more lawsuits for medical malpractice.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I think if TV medical treatment were actual treatment there'd be a lot more lawsuits for medical malpractice.
            N, there wouldn't be any TV medical treatment at all!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              N, there wouldn't be any TV medical treatment at all!
              LOL - also true.

Comment

Daniel allegedly dies a third time... For about the first 15 minutes or so, he really is well and truly dead, memorial service and wake and all.

Jack did say a few good words, which he probably will not repeat no matter how many times Daniel will ask.

Nem is an interesting character but as with so many, he too is forgotten, much like his wife Omoroca. I literally never heard of her before. However, Tiamat... that name I recognize... anyway, moving on...

I feel there could have been more with this episode, so I'm a bit disappointed with it.
                It feels like they only scratched the surface of something that could have been far more indepth. However, what we got, I'm okay with. We see the team deal with a member's death, a friend, even though it's not real. We learn their memories have been altered. Sam reads Daniel's diary. Jack break's General Hammond's window and Teal'c gets completely mesmerized with the sound of the ocean waves and then claims hypnosis wouldn't work on him.

I do find Nem's get up brilliant. Once again the prop department made it look awesome. And my goddess, the make up and prosthetics. Top notch.

Except for the dive suit the stunt guy had to obviously wear. That could have been done better but I'll let it slide.

How would you rate SG-1's "Fire and Water?"

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible

Comment

Tiamat. Season 5, The Tomb, IIRC

Of all the stand alones, it makes sense to me that they don't revisit this one. The planet is seriously dangerous (despite the altered memories, it does appear that the off-gasing etc. was real), and Nem just wants to be left alone.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I feel there could have been more with this episode, so I'm a bit disappointed with it.
                    It feels like they only scratched the surface of something that could have been far more indepth. However, what we got, I'm okay with. We see the team deal with a member's death, a friend, even though it's not real. We learn their memories have been altered. Sam reads Daniel's diary. Jack break's General Hammond's window and Teal'c gets completely mesmerized with the sound of the ocean waves and then claims hypnosis wouldn't work on him.
                    They tend to do that a few times too many. I guess it's just the way of the 90's...but then again Babylon 5 did go in depth in several areas....

I wish we would have revisited this alien species. I wish they would have done that with the foothold aliens and done more with that other aliens that Carter got in a space race with.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      Tiamat. Season 5, The Tomb, IIRC
                      Nope, totally forgot about that one.

My sister's an assyriologist so I'm afraid it's more from real life experience than Stargate in this case.

Comment

This is one of what I call forgotten stories. SG1 has a few arcs they started but never continue. Its sad but understandable that they have to continue what works and discard which doesn't. I just think Omec as an ally as fish like would have been an interesting idea to pursue. That aside, this episode has always been enjoyable to . Not just because its the first of many times Daniel dies. I first like the tie in to Babyloian culture and not all deities on ancient Earth are Goa'uld. Also I thought this was a good episode for medical issues to show where Frasier can override Hammond and plus it shows the bonding of the team even if its a little early. I sure hope Hammond has insurance on his car I'll give this a fair
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Jigsaw coming soon, but let's start with the quiz first... Go test your knowledge of the episodes of week 5: Bloodlines, Fire and Water & Hathor.

Comment

I improve with age apparently. 15/15
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Well done, Who Knows!!

Now, go ahead and get on with the jigsaw... Fire and Water jigsaw featuring Nem

Comment

07 minutes exactly. I did very bad on this one.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X