Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find the transcripts?

Hello,

I'm sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, I tried to search the forums but it turned out nothing.

Are the transcripts available on Gateworld for the SG-1 episodes?

Thank you
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Best bet, PM Falcon Horus, and ask nicely.
    The transcripts are on GW somewhere, but she will know, or probably wrote many of them.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Hover over the series you want in the main menu (Origins | Sg-1 | Atlantis | SGU |). Then go to "Episodes" and from there pick your season. If you click on season 1 of Sg-1, for example, you will get to this page: https://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/ Each episode has its own box, at the bottom of which you will see links for the following: Analysis | Transcript | Photos | Screen Captures | Discuss. Click on the second one. Not all episodes have transcripts here, so you will not be able to find that link in some cases. Stargate Solutions, however, has them all: http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php

Comment

Thank you both for your quick response, much appreciated
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Best bet, PM Falcon Horus, and ask nicely.
          The transcripts are on GW somewhere, but she will know, or probably wrote many of them.
          No, I did not.

But I do know where they are... most are on gateworld, but google is also a good place to search for them. Although possible that most other websites have quietly disappeared where they might be at.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Do yourself a favor and stick with GateWorld's, if available. The wikis have errors and other sites just copy and paste what is in the wikis.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              No, I did not.

But I do know where they are... most are on gateworld, but google is also a good place to search for them. Although possible that most other websites have quietly disappeared where they might be at.
              I thought you did them when you were doing one of your SGA watches.
              My error.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                Do yourself a favor and stick with GateWorld's, if available. The wikis have errors and other sites just copy and paste what is in the wikis.
                I tend to go to Gateworld first because I like that there are pictures attached to the episode lists (it makes it easier for me to zero on an episode I'm looking for). However, I've also been using Stargate Solutions for years, particularly to make up for the gaps in Gateworld's collection, and I've never had a problem related to the accuracy of their transcripts.

I haven't ever looked at a transcript posted on the main Stargate Wiki, but I don't doubt that there would be problems with those based off the many accuracy issues inherent in their articles (not to mention their insistence on using details from non-show sources without always specifying what is from what).

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                  particularly to make up for the gaps in Gateworld's collection
                  Stargate Solutions is my 2nd pick for that reason, but there are a few errors. One I remember well is in "Enemy at the Gate." I just double-checked and they still list the rogue Wraith as "Kenny" in the credits and the dialogue, which violates rules 1-3 of the source hierarchy: On-screen dialogue refers to the rogue Wraith as Todd's underling, On-screen visual cues are different facial markings and beard, and On-screen episode credits simply state Wraith. GateWorld's doesn't assume that, as that actor portrayed 4 notable Wraith characters, who look very much alike due to the same face mold for prosthetics, but are not the same.

Comment

But did they kill Kenny?
                    sigpic

Comment

But did they kill Kenny?
                      Is that a South Park joke or a serious question? XD

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                        Is that a South Park joke or a serious question? XD
                        If I call you a Bast'ard, would it help??
                        sigpic

Comment

If I call you a Bast'ard, would it help??

Comment

Two references in one answer
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks to all, including Kenny, for your answers. The particular episode I was interested in didn't have the transcript on GW, so I will look elsewhere.

Cheers!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X