• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Todd the Wraith!

Pretty average ep.
    sigpic

Comment

The episode is boring and dull. Its like to tried to write an A plot without putting in a B plot to fill in the space. The concept and story is not a bad one. People losing thier memories because of a machine that enhances memory is a good idea but the story just drags on and on with little progression I find my mind wandering to do other tasks because the episodes loses my attention.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I've always liked this episode for its creepy element. The idea of a shrinking dome and a computer that compensates by killing off the occupants is a horrible thought. Makes it worse that the people are living a comfortable life in blissful ignorance in a lovely garden and town whilst outside their dome are the corroded remains of their people and civilisation in the poisoned environment of their planet.
        I missed this ep on my first rewatch...I don't think it showed up on my Netflix!! So, I had a lovely time watching a "new" ep. I enjoyed Jack's humor and interaction with Nevin, and I was really creeped out by the people disappearing and nobody remembering that the people existed.

When they went outside the dome and found the bones, I was horrified, and as the rest of the story unfolded, I was saddened: a machine compells you to leave the dome, and you do...no questions, no individual thought.

I thought it was good -the pacing was slow, and the scenes quiet, but that was dictated by the storyline -more of a thriller than an action/adventure.
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

im almost done the wool series, go out and read it right now(or stay in and download it), its similar to the episode but better, people live in underground silos instead of a dome and are manually brainwashed, the rest is the same, made this episode excellent as im waiting for a wool movie.

Comment

I enjoyed this one. Must agree that it was a bit predictable, but I loved the idea of the dome, and the way the computer took over, trying to "save" all, in a not so nice way... Wonder if they got any of the tech back with them. It could be very useful ...

When Jack and Teal'c got surrounded, that was creepy close

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              I loved this episode. It's really annoying me reading all these threads where people are calling all these Season 7 eps lame. This season was incredible.
              I'm surprised by all the disappointment in this episode, I liked it a lot.
              Originally posted by escyos View Post
              Did anyone assume that the people in the dome were midgets when they first saw the little guy at the start?
              I didn't get that impression. It would tie in with all the Wizard of Oz references Jack makes though.
              Originally posted by Descended
              That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

I liked this episode. Kind of reminded me of Dark City a movie I hated. I liked that there really wasn't a bad guy in this. Bad dude of the week gets old sometimes.

If I were to change anything I would have changed it so that SG1 reasoned with the computer instead of reprogramming it. Instead of killing the overflow allow them to leave via the gate.

Comment

Thus, season 7 continues with Revisions.

Or as I like to call it, The One Where The Computer Is In Charge. It's another great example how bad of an idea it is to leave a computer in charge of human beings, or human beings relying on a piece of technology. Mindless sheep.

It's an okay episode.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A machine in the role of a dictator - creepy because nobody is aware of the situation. The 'intruders' have a hard time to break through to the residents - a life without true memories is something nobody wants.
                    Not boring but not thrilling either.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                      I liked this episode. Kind of reminded me of Dark City a movie I hated. I liked that there really wasn't a bad guy in this. Bad dude of the week gets old sometimes.

If I were to change anything I would have changed it so that SG1 reasoned with the computer instead of reprogramming it. Instead of killing the overflow allow them to leave via the gate.
                      I think Kirk and Spock did that one once so maybe the SG-1 writers wanted to end it differently.

Or maybe Kirk and Spock killed the computer and this episode a homage to Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                        A machine in the role of a dictator - creepy because nobody is aware of the situation. The 'intruders' have a hard time to break through to the residents - a life without true memories is something nobody wants.
                        Not boring but not thrilling either.

Again, good proper sci-fi. Nothing new - Kirk Trek did it a couple of times - but a few good changes to the story idea like the computer updating peoples minds for good and ill.

Comment

I'm glad they treated the computer as the machine it is (i.e., reprogrammed it) rather than trying to reason with it.

Seaboe
                          Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 02 October 2015, 06:26 AM. Reason: misplaced parenthetical
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            The episode is boring and dull. Its like to tried to write an A plot without putting in a B plot to fill in the space. The concept and story is not a bad one. People losing thier memories because of a machine that enhances memory is a good idea but the story just drags on and on with little progression I find my mind wandering to do other tasks because the episodes loses my attention.
                            Agree with this. I think this will be the first episode I won't finish on my rewatch. Hated it the first time and hate it the second time. And isn't this set location used in Atlantis for one of the Genii episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                              Hated it the first time and hate it the second time.
                              I never understand why people make themselves watch episodes they didn't like. Why not just skip it?

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                I never understand why people make themselves watch episodes they didn't like. Why not just skip it?

Seaboe
                                Sometimes you're not in the right "mood" for an episode and you want to give it another try.....sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Comment

Working...
                                X