No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to say about this episode, it was just ok to me. Laughed at the boys looking to Sam to replace the midwife. Enjoyed seeing Janet and Sam working with the samples.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5677/bcbanner.jpg[/IMG]

Not much to say about this episode, it was just ok to me. Laughed at the boys looking to Sam to replace the midwife. Enjoyed seeing Janet and Sam working with the samples.
      Yeah, the midwife thing was funny

I was so very glad they didn't do the "somebody get romantic with an alien on every planet" routine too much after this. For a while, it seemed like every episode had somebody hooking up off world.

Comment

I kinda like the fact that it was jack that got 'nookied'....hey, if mister special forces can fall victim than anyone can. I think sam handled herself pretty well given the issue of her superior officer and boss going 'libidinous' on her and her general lack of field experience.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I laugh at Sam's reaction to the birth.
          Not an overly exciting episode but certainly not the worst.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I don't really like this episode but I do love how Sam and Janet work together. Two smart, confident, capable, professional women, actually dressed appropriately for the work they are doing. What a unique sci fi concept!

Comment

It's not one of my favourite episodes but as usual with the early seasons what makes it rewatchable are the team moments (caring about leaving Jack on the planet) and character moments (Jack dunking his head in the fountain, Sam and the midwife comments etc). As Hindncr states, the Sam/Janet interaction was nice.
              The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                It's not one of my favourite episodes but as usual with the early seasons what makes it rewatchable are the team moments (caring about leaving Jack on the planet) and character moments (Jack dunking his head in the fountain, Sam and the midwife comments etc). As Hindncr states, the Sam/Janet interaction was nice.

Well and shirtless Jack...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

"Brief Candle" usually isn't at the tops of my list, but I do enjoy the fact that we get to hear a bit more about Sam's pre-Stargate work. In this case, it was working at the Pentagon with a group studying nanotechnology. That woman really did a bit of everything, didn't she? Soldier, pilot, astrophysicist, nanotech researcher, creating dialing system for the Stargate, etc. The perfect example of Super Woman!

I loved the scenes with Sam & Janet in the lab, especially the nanotechnology technobabble. Another part that I loved was the scene Jack's "hangover" when he woke up & dunked himself in the pool. I also liked how RDA portrayed Jack in each of the stages of aging - going from betrayal ('she drugged me') to putting his faith in Sam/Janet to find a cure, to anger (destroying the statue) to acceptance of his fate, to relief of getting the cure.
                    Spoiler:
                    I also love that they revisited the nanotechnology (briefly) in "Learning Curve" with Merrin.
                    sigpic

Comment

That goes without saying.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        That goes without saying.
                        Absolutely! Mmmm, shirtless Jack...
                        The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Audio interview with Amanda at Dragon*Con.

http://fandomania.com/fandomania-pod...-2011-special/

Comment

I really dislike BC. If it was Sam who was drugged and being taken advantage of we would call that "date rape". Why should it be any different because it is a guy?

Dislike Jack being so careless and the rest of the team failing to help when they realised this was not normal behaviour from Jack.

I also dislike Sam's "goodbyes suck". Not a very intelligent or compassionate goodbye.

I do like the things others have mentioned, the Sam/Janet interaction, the expectation from the team that Sam would help with the birth because she is female, etc but the negatives of this ep far outweigh the positives for me. One I don't rewatch.
                            Last edited by EH-T; 12 September 2011, 02:48 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                              Audio interview with Amanda at Dragon*Con.

http://fandomania.com/fandomania-pod...-2011-special/
                              Thanks for posting this!!

GW won't let me green you. So some virtual green.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                I really dislike BC. If it was Sam who was drugged and being taken advantage of we would call that "date rape". Why should it be any different because it is a guy?
                                The only thing that sort of saves it is that the girl (blanking on her name) thought he had voluntarily accepted the wedding cake knowing what it was.

Dislike Jack being so careless and the rest of the team failing to help when they realised this was not normal behaviour from Jack.
                                yeah, that was pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X