Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Since I can't multi quote, I have to do this.

So anyway, as far as I am concerned there is no gray. Truth is truth, so if you and I ever meet we'll talk about SGA only. LOL However, all opinions must be treated with a gracious attitude and not judged. I never try to change anyone's mind. I just silently bless their hearts and move on.
    We both love Joe. That's enough common ground for anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      We say we won't get into politics or religion (the other hot button issue between the generations), but it somehow ends up happening anyway.
      I think I can safely say that religion isn't a hot button... None of the family is overly religious -- on the contrary, we're all a bunch of heathens and atheists.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I think I can safely say that religion isn't a hot button... None of the family is overly religious -- on the contrary, we're all a bunch of heathens and atheists.
        There were many heated conversations about my niece and now nephew-in-law's wedding having some reference to God in the ceremony. I tried to play middleman for them (since I'm kinda in the middle with my beliefs - technically Catholic but feeling agnostic 90% of the time), but no one listened to me.

In the end, sister-in-law made a comment about faith before her reading. Nephew-in-law capitulated for the sake of family harmony.

Comment

Speaking of Joe uniting us, there are some VERY pretty gifs of him in The Siege 3 on Tumblr. Here's one of them.

Pretty.

Comment

I'm unconscious except for my arm that is holding tight....

Comment

In the end, sister-in-law made a comment about faith before her reading. Nephew-in-law capitulated for the sake of family harmony.
              Nephew-in-law clearly knows the rules of good family relations.

And the insurance company will not take kindly when I have to tell them my boyfriend dropped me in an attempted rescue.

Comment

Nephew-in-law clearly knows the rules of good family relations.

And the insurance company will not take kindly when I have to tell them my boyfriend dropped me in an attempted rescue.
                That gets me wondering how insurance works in the Pegasus. Try explaining that to Ronon and Teyla.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

That gets me wondering how insurance works in the Pegasus. Try explaining that to Ronon and Teyla.
                  Do you think living in Wraith territory would be considered as too high risk to get life insurance for?

Comment

Do you think living in Wraith territory would be considered as too high risk to get life insurance for?
                    Probably or at least your rates would be sky high. It costs more here if you live in a big city or a place considered less than safe.

I did this while walking on the treadmill.
                    Spoiler:

Ronon: So let me get this straight. On your planet you pay people in case something bad happens.

John: Yeah, and then they pay you when it does.

Teyla: I do not understand your planet.

Ronon: So if nothing bad happens do you get your money back?

John: Uh...no

Teyla: That does not make sense.

John: And uh, if they have to pay you, they usually raise your rates.

Ronon and Teyla:
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm with Teyla and Ronon -- it makes little sense.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

LOL, this never fails to crack me up!

I'm with Teyla and Ronon -- it makes little sense.
                        Me too. Insurance is a freaking scam.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

As someone who used to work in insurance.... yes it's a huge freaking scam.

And lately there seems to be an insurance for everything.... pets, household appliances.

Comment

Probably or at least your rates would be sky high. It costs more here if you live in a big city or a place considered less than safe.

I did this while walking on the treadmill.
                            Spoiler:

Ronon: So let me get this straight. On your planet you pay people in case something bad happens.

John: Yeah, and then they pay you when it does.

Teyla: I do not understand your planet.

Ronon: So if nothing bad happens do you get your money back?

John: Uh...no

Teyla: That does not make sense.

John: And uh, if they have to pay you, they usually raise your rates.

Ronon and Teyla:
                            No multi quote today...but, Lol, I love this. Great way to start the day with this lovely short and lots of pics- thanks JT2. We are all our own individual special kind of bonkers here on Earth, but the insurance madness infects us all, here in the States anyway. Speaking of madness, Area 51 run anyone?
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! It's another busy busy day for me, taking in my car to get the odometer fixed (and an oil change) and raiding America for supplies.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              Speaking of madness, Area 51 run anyone?
                              That whole thing is just hilarious. Watch, no one shows up.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! It's another busy busy day for me, taking in my car to get the odometer fixed (and an oil change) and raiding America for supplies.

That whole thing is just hilarious. Watch, no one shows up.
                                Have fun storming the mainland.

That Area 51 thing is the best laugh I've had all summer. What are they thinking?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X