Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eureka canceled. Season 5 next year, beyond that, nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda sucks, I'll miss it, but it's not the show it used to be.

On the upside, I can scratch another Syfylis show off the list of things I watch.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is unfortunate for those that invested time in viewing the show, and the actors/workers that enjoyed the experience of telling the story of that show.

I had not seen the show, Eureka, in some time. Frankly; after how "SyFy" handled SGU (badly) I simply am NO LONGER willing to invest time in viewing ANY of their offerings.

It seems quite likely they will just yank, whatever it is I would have been interested in viewing, for more wrestling or more of those buffoons stumbling about old buildings in the dark.
      "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

For those of you who follow me on G+, I posted an open letter to NBC UNiversal on it.

Comment

I am not surprised Eureka was all over the place when you do half season and this and that people get annoyed and ratings go down. The sad part is I was tired of Eureka anyway
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

its true, syfy has always mismanaged their shows.
            they shoot themselves in the foot, but they don't seem to understand it. but they feel it.

Comment

There goes another one, I'm terribly sad about this, such good show going down the drain lately.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Eureka's numbers for last night...

2,248,000 Million viewers
                A18 - 49 0.7

Does not have canceled written on those numbers. Gotta say I am shocked but obviously something went wrong on the production end of things.

I do feel we may get something in the future after Season 5.
                I also believed there was a good chance we would get more after Season 5, until I read that filming for Season 5 is almost complete. If there is nothing firm before filming is done then I don't hold out much hope of seeing more later.

If the ratings remain steady, then maybe, just maybe there could be the possibility of movies down the line. *crosses fingers, eyes, toes, etc.*

This is so sad because I just started regularly watching Eureka again and was looking forward to another couple of seasons. It sounds like Eureka could have continued under the old guard, but the new owners are more fiscally conservative. That may be good for Syfy's bottom line, but it sucks if you're a fan of a long-running expensive show.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                  I also believed there was a good chance we would get more after Season 5, until I read that filming for Season 5 is almost complete. If there is nothing firm before filming is done then I don't hold out much hope of seeing more later.

If the ratings remain steady, then maybe, just maybe there could be the possibility of movies down the line. *crosses fingers, eyes, toes, etc.*

This is so sad because I just started regularly watching Eureka again and was looking forward to another couple of seasons. It sounds like Eureka could have continued under the old guard, but the new owners are more fiscally conservative. That may be good for Syfy's bottom line, but it sucks if you're a fan of a long-running expensive show.
                  It also does not bode well for quality programming. More pseudo-reality shows, wrestling, and bad - bad movies.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    It also does not bode well for quality programming. More pseudo-reality shows, wrestling, and bad - bad movies.
                    So, sadly true.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Eureka Stars, Showrunner React to Shocking Cancellation; Syfy Orders Extra Series Finale Episode

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...gn=rss_kristin
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

Well I was sorta correct, Syfy just ordered one more episode to be the finale, so looks like we will get that closure.

It truly is bad, when a network wants a series but cannot afford it and has to cancel it. Normally a show is not profitable and so they cancel it, that is not the case with Eureka.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to hear of the extra episode order. That's something anyway.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Well I was sorta correct, Syfy just ordered one more episode to be the finale, so looks like we will get that closure.

It truly is bad, when a network wants a series but cannot afford it and has to cancel it. Normally a show is not profitable and so they cancel it, that is not the case with Eureka.
                            Yeah, that extra episode is better than nothing. And, I agree that it is sad when a network can't afford to continue a series even though they wish they could. Financial reality is a *****. That's why I'm wondering if all future shows will be in the 13-episode format instead of the more expensive 20-episode format.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            I'm glad to hear of the extra episode order. That's something anyway.
                            Yes, it is something and I'm grateful for this small favor.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

It's great that they are allowing closure by ordering an extra episode. Now they need to learn not to announce green-lit seasons until all of the i's are dotted and the t's crossed. It's inconceivable that a network can promise the fans and writers an extra season and then back out of it. Real networks don't pull crap like that.

It's hard for scripted shows to match the profit margins of the nonscripted crap that airs on the channel. They really need to rename the network at some point.
                              Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Wait....the original order was for a 13 episode season 5. So the additional episode order takes it up to being a 14 episode final season?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X