• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex (219)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    ALEX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 219
    Maggie and Kara work together to find Alex after she is kidnapped by a man looking for leverage to get his criminal father released from prison. Meanwhile, Rhea makes Lena a business proposal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 May 2017, 08:38 PM.

I liked this ep. Loved that her former school friend had sussed things out, all from using deductive reasoning.. And planning to make life hell for them..

Also agreed with what Maggie said to Kara in that she DOES seem to think that "cause she has the power to do xyz" she forgets "SHOULD she"..

I also liked the back and fourth between Mon-el's mother and Lana..

Comment

I liked this one too. Good villain, good story..
      One plot hole... If Kara had indeed "lost control" when she slammed her fist on the table, the table wouldn't be there anymore......

And one BIG plus. The relationship crap was kept to a minimum and placed at the end of the show, where I could go make popcorn to eat with the next show.

Comment

Best episode of Season 2. It had the all ingredients, it pushed all the right buttons, and even it was hyped before by the fans, more than a month ago, it even delivered more.

It was nice to see someone put SG in her place, because she must learn that being a superhero also means to know when not to interfere just because she can.
        I love that Lena is not stupid, and she knew that Rhea was an alien. I also hope she knows she's a scum too.

And I wasn't crying during the ending #sanvers scene. You were. Shut up!
        sigpic

Comment

The Sister relationship really is dead. Maybe I'd start enjoying the show more if I faced facts that the sister relationship isn't coming back, then again there's so much more wrong with season 2 than that.

I'm really starting to dislike Maggie. It seems to me like she's jealous of Supergirl. Instead of just discussing with Kara about her jumping into human problems she chews her out about it? In front of Alex (her supposed sister) and her boyfriend? It's the same with the Luthors ep where she could have just said to Kara that she was sorry and she was only doing her job instead of becoming aggressive when arresting Lena, Kara's friend. Maggie may have had a point but there was no need to react the way she did when an honest conversation would have sufficed.

At the end after they save Alex i'm astonished that Kara wasn't there when Alex woke up too. I guess they really have dumped Alex/Kara for Alex/Maggie This show has become increasingly frustrating. I'll watch the rest of the eps this season and the first few in season 3 but if I don't see any kind of improvement in season 3 then I won't be continuing to watch the show. There really wouldn't be a point if I don't enjoy it any more. Even with Lena in it, which is the only good thing about the show now. And I have a bad feeling that they are gonna screw this up. They probably will go the most obvious route possible by making Lena evil eventually which would definitely turn me off
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            The Sister relationship really is dead.
            Then we've seen a totally different episode. The main theme was that this isn't a competition, there should be time and place for the sister and the significant other too. And on the other hand, they shouldn't prioritize themselves over the other.

Also, if you listened, Maggie told Kara about technicalities human criminals slither out on, if they are caught by Supergirl instead of the police. She should have asked if Maggie needed help, more so that she was on the verge of ending the hostage situation. And if the boyfriend didn't piss of Maggie, that they don't even need cops anymore, then it would have ended on that. But Kara let him say that after doing what she did.

It was stupid, but both Kara and Maggie had to learn to respect the other, and what the other does.

As for the DEO bed scene. How would you have done it?
            sigpic

Comment

Is it me, or did the school guy (cant remember his name) become magically unahdcuffed after they tried to trick him with Jonn when he checked the time?

Im sure he was handcuffed when Jonn hugged him... Maybe Im wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                Then we've seen a totally different episode. The main theme was that this isn't a competition, there should be time and place for the sister and the significant other too. And on the other hand, they shouldn't prioritize themselves over the other.

Also, if you listened, Maggie told Kara about technicalities human criminals slither out on, if they are caught by Supergirl instead of the police. She should have asked if Maggie needed help, more so that she was on the verge of ending the hostage situation. And if the boyfriend didn't piss of Maggie, that they don't even need cops anymore, then it would have ended on that. But Kara let him say that after doing what she did.

It was stupid, but both Kara and Maggie had to learn to respect the other, and what the other does.

As for the DEO bed scene. How would you have done it?
                Problem is, there is no place for the sister any more, There hasn't been for a while now, It's all about Alex/Maggie. I used to like the idea of Alex/Maggie but i'm starting to feel resentment towards it now because of this taking over the Kara/Alex relationship. Instead of the writers finding a way to incorporate both they've neglected one to focus on the other.

I agree that Maggie has a point, but does she always have to get so aggressive with Kara. I'm beginning to think Maggie has anger issues and that she really doesn't like Kara. She could have discussed it with her in private before, and if Kara didn't listen she could have talked to Alex. Instead she just got ripped into Kara in front of Alex and Mon-El. Hell I would have been angry too if someone done that. As for Mon-El, well he pisses off everyone Except Alex apparently as she thinks he's "amazing" if her pushing Kara towards him is any indication

Well I would have had at least one scene with the sisters. Is that too much to ask? They just saved Alex from near certain death and we don't get one sisters scene? Really? They could have still had the Sanvers moment.

*sigh* I miss season 1 Supergirl
                sigpic

Comment

Well I would have had at least one scene with the sisters. Is that too much to ask? They just saved Alex from near certain death and we don't get one sisters scene? Really? They could have still had the Sanvers moment.

*sigh* I miss season 1 Supergirl
                  I won't argue about the rest, let's agree to disagree, but you must realize that what ever Alex and Kara scene they made it wouldn't have meshed with the ILY scene. If the sanvers scene was first, that would have made the sister scene anti climactic, and if it were the other way round than the sister scene would have been over shadowed by the ILY scene. It just wouldn't have worked.

And it was something important they did here, first of all there's a lesbian who didn't die, one of the firsts, by the way, second of all it was the ILY scene.
                  Also it was the Kara / Maggie bonding scene which taught both to think, to compromise, to cooperate.

I get it, the sisters are your favorite, but after a certain age immediate family takes over in priorities.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I liked this one too. Good villain, good story..
                    One plot hole... If Kara had indeed "lost control" when she slammed her fist on the table, the table wouldn't be there anymore......
                    I thought there was at least a dent..

I love that Lena is not stupid, and she knew that Rhea was an alien. I also hope she knows she's a scum too.
                    It seemed at first that way, till the end where they were drinking to their partnership..
                    And did it seem like that gateway trasportation thinggy was the same one used by those slavers a few months back?

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                      I won't argue about the rest, let's agree to disagree, but you must realize that what ever Alex and Kara scene they made it wouldn't have meshed with the ILY scene. If the sanvers scene was first, that would have made the sister scene anti climactic, and if it were the other way round than the sister scene would have been over shadowed by the ILY scene. It just wouldn't have worked.

And it was something important they did here, first of all there's a lesbian who didn't die, one of the firsts, by the way, second of all it was the ILY scene.
                      Also it was the Kara / Maggie bonding scene which taught both to think, to compromise, to cooperate.

I get it, the sisters are your favorite, but after a certain age immediate family takes over in priorities.
                      Problem is now. It's all about Alex/Maggie. When was the last time we actually got a Kara/Alex moment comforting each other or whatnot. Alex alomst died and Kara's away somewhere like "hey no biggie". Hell Kara and Maggie hugged but there was absolutely nothing with the sisters? As I said I liked the Alex/Maggie relationship but I hate that the Kara/Alex relationship is getting dumped for it. If the writers were any good at all they could have found a way to incorporate both relationships in the show instead of dumping one for the other

I just really don't like the way they've written most of the characters this season.Season 1 was far superior. I don't know if it was the writers or that it moved to CW, either way IMO season 2 has ben very poor compared to season 1
                      sigpic

Comment

Then why make yourself miserable? If I dislike a show, I just change the channel.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Problem is now. It's all about Alex/Maggie. When was the last time we actually got a Kara/Alex moment comforting each other or whatnot. Alex alomst died and Kara's away somewhere like "hey no biggie". Hell Kara and Maggie hugged but there was absolutely nothing with the sisters? As I said I liked the Alex/Maggie relationship but I hate that the Kara/Alex relationship is getting dumped for it. If the writers were any good at all they could have found a way to incorporate both relationships in the show instead of dumping one for the other

I just really don't like the way they've written most of the characters this season.Season 1 was far superior. I don't know if it was the writers or that it moved to CW, either way IMO season 2 has ben very poor compared to season 1
                          As I said, I understand your sentiment, but please don't confuse your preference with quality.
                          The only thing this season that was, IMHO sub par was the amount of slacks Supergirl gave Mon-Hell for being a sexist, misogynistic ego maniac, who envies and therefore disrespects Kara for being Supergirl. But they have actually stopped doing that since.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I thought there was at least a dent..

It seemed at first that way, till the end where they were drinking to their partnership..
                            And did it seem like that gateway trasportation thinggy was the same one used by those slavers a few months back?
                            Yeah, I saw a dent too.

Also, the gate definitely was the same. I'm guessing Rhea's planning on bringing an army through when they activate the prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                              I'm guessing Rhea's planning on bringing an army through when they activate the prototype.
                              That's my wild guess too.
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm lying through my teeth, I actually saw the videos taken on location, and the Daxamite soldiers were shooting people on the streets.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X