Dean Winchester Whump Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kylieS21 View Post
    By wi- could you possibly mean *whispers* winsest (however it is they spell) *shudders* does float my boat at all either. In fact kinda sinks it.
    Ditto. I'm not a great fan of slash but some of it is fairly decent though. As for Sam/Dean.... *runs screaming for the hills*. It REALLY squicks me out. It is just wrong and completely misses the point of their fantastic brother/brother relationship. I think I find it as disturbing as Jensen does!

Anyway, not one to miss an opportunity for a bit of shameless self promotion, I have about ten fics on the front page of my journal right now. If you're looking for whumpy there's a certain amount of whumpage in my most recent one which is here.

(Warning that it does involve Dean/OC which I am well aware doesn't float everybody's boat either )
    sigpic
    by Kaaatie

Comment

tis really good. the whumpy one, well all the ones iv read so far actually

this may be bit of a silly question but my brain died a long time ago and i cant seem to figure it out. what exactly does het stand for, as in fics

Comment

Originally posted by kylieS21 View Post
        tis really good. the whumpy one, well all the ones iv read so far actually

this may be bit of a silly question but my brain died a long time ago and i cant seem to figure it out. what exactly does het stand for, as in fics
        Het = heterosexual (as in fics featuring heterosexual relationships) as opposed to slash = homosexual.
        sigpic

Comment

see now i just feel stupid, twas so simple *head desk* It really amazes me how I managed to actually get into uni at all. clearly there standards are slippin.

hmmm, yes defo prefer het, not big on the slash.

Comment

hey guys hows all feeling today?

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
              Anyway, not one to miss an opportunity for a bit of shameless self promotion, I have about ten fics on the front page of my journal right now. If you're looking for whumpy there's a certain amount of whumpage in my most recent one which is here.

(Warning that it does involve Dean/OC which I am well aware doesn't float everybody's boat either )
              Oooh, thanks, that'll give me something to chew on for a few evenings

(I see you're a Top Gear fan . I wonder if they've ever had an impala on the show?)

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                (I see you're a Top Gear fan . I wonder if they've ever had an impala on the show?)
                Given Jezza's opinion on American cars? Hmmmm...
                sigpic

Comment

Jezza'd certainly be up for whumping one, I'm sure.

^
                  i|
                  i|

Vague attempt to be roughly 50% on-topic

Madeleine

Comment

Jezza'd certainly be up for whumping one, I'm sure.

^
                    i|
                    i|

Vague attempt to be roughly 50% on-topic
                    Hmmm... nice segue...
                    sigpic

Comment

Oooh, thanks, that'll give me something to chew on for a few evenings
                      My pleasure. Do enjoy. (And obviously feedback is love )

They'd probably like it but say it was a gus guzzling American machine the size of an aircraft carrier that didn't know what a corner was. I was quite disappointed none of the boys got one for the American road trip.

(*makes no attempt whatsoever to be on topic...*)
                      sigpic
                      by Kaaatie

Comment

So where are the good SPN ff sites ? I've tried looking, but frankly I've found sites which have vast indexes and no actual fics {select show>select genre>select length>select rating> ... No Matches Found} and little one-person sites whose stuff is all what was going on in Sam's/Dean's mind during that scene in ep 1.xx which even though well written doesn't float my boat like a story does.

Most Stargate ff sites have a particular ethos, I expect it'd be the same with SPN. What I'm looking for is proper stories with any rating at all, but NO wi- you know what I mean but no way am I typing the word.
                        I've found it kind of hard to find good spn fic, but I'll share what I've dug up and had rec'ed to me.

Virtual Season (one is complete, 22 episodes, two is in progress)

http://www.supernaturalville.com/s1index.htm

At first, the writing was just a little *too* impersonal, but the more I gave the writing and episodes a shot, the more I enjoyed them. They are very much like the episodes of the show except that they started AU after the end of Devil's Trap but not so much that it ruined the enjoyment for me. I've liked most of these episodes, especially Graven Images in season one.

http://www.thestade.com/khksn.html

These are very good, all gen, and she takes an equal hand whumping both boys. Episode codas and tags in addition to stories.

http://www.livejournal.com/tools/mem...l?user=minkmix

She writes very good spn fic, the only ones I've read have been gen so I don't know if she writes the other thing, but if she does I haven't ran into it. I've only read a few but Removed is one of the best spn fic I've read so far, loved it, but the whump toed the line of too much for me in a spot or two. Still, excellent fic. Just scroll down to the entry for Removed.

http://del.icio.us/lisAHHH

I haven't gone through all of these so not sure if it's all gen either, but from what I surfed it looks Dean centric, with some whumpy fics. It's a source to pore over and go through, that's where I got the link for K Hannah's fic.

And there's an lj comm called spn_gen to try.

I haven't gotten to read much spn fic yet, but so far it seems it is hard to find the quality gen stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Caps from Benders
                          spoilered for size

Spoiler:

I love that you can see a tear forming right in the corner of his eye

Comment

awesome great piccie's kylie

Comment

Time for some more shameless self promotion...

Wrote some more Dean fic with a whumpy edge although it's funny rather than serious. It's also got some adult-ish stuff too.

At my journal. Enjoy.
                              sigpic
                              by Kaaatie

Comment

woohoo, *runs off to read while taking a break from work*

Comment

Working...
                                X