No announcement yet.

Terra Nova Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next to go should be Alcatraz. As that show is not doing any better ratings wise. I say can Alcatraz & give Fringe that extra Season

Comment

Why do they always have to cancel the good shows and make/replace them with incredibly stupid ones? But no, they're not making more than they already have, so hey, why should they care? Completely disgusted. I just don't get it anymore.
      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        The next to go should be Alcatraz. As that show is not doing any better ratings wise. I say can Alcatraz & give Fringe that extra Season
        Mh, why not hope on both, Alcatraz AND Fringe? Okay, haven't watched Alcatraz yet but it sounds very interesting to me

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Well, this stinks. I enjoyed Terra Nova.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
            Why do they always have to cancel the good shows and make/replace them with incredibly stupid ones? But no, they're not making more than they already have, so hey, why should they care? Completely disgusted. I just don't get it anymore.
            I couldn't agree more just watch as Terra Nova's timeslot is filled with mind numbingly boring reality tv shows and more game shows than we need, hopefully someone else will pick up Terra Nova, wasn't it Fox that screwed over Futurama with erratic scheduling before it dropped off our tv screens even though Futurama was never officially cancelled.

Comment

come on. if this trend continues, there won't be anything left to watch by next year

Comment

Apparently they're trying to shop Terra Nova around to other networks but as we all know that rarely works.

This might, maybe, possibly make the chances of a final season for Fringe more likely. They will need something to put on Fridays in the 'death slot'.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                  Because those "stupid one" are what bring in the money
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

On the plus side they are actively trying to sell the rights to other networks rather than canning it and not letting anyone else have it ala: SGU.

Its unlikely but hoepfully we may see Terra Nova again.
                    I got nothing!

Comment

This is a shame.
                      I quite enjoyed Terra Nova, and was interested to see where it would go in the 2nd season.
                      Also quite liked the characters.
                      Ah well, another good television show gone...

Also...
                      Fox had to make the decision early so the show could make a fall return if renewed.
                      Didnt they take ages to make a decision anyway?
                      Last edited by Teddybrown; 06 March 2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Considering the show launched in September and ended in December, I'd say they took their sweet time making a decision.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Need to change my signature now...

Comment

I originally watched the premiere when it first aired and I was not impressed. Recently I gave it another try and was surprised to find I quite enjoyed the show. It isn't the best, but still fun to watch, plus there's dinosaurs.

There's a recent example about a show that got successfully shopped around. NBC cancelled Southland after 1.5 seasons and then it got picked up by TNT. The show is now in its fourth season and bringing in good numbers for TNT. So if another smaller network sees some potential in the show there is a chance.

From what I've read the show's numbers were decent but not great, so who knows.
                            sigpic

Comment

But the fact that you can pretty much name on one hand the shows that have successfully been shopped around--Futurama, Southland, maybe one or two others--bodes poorly for the possibility of Terra Nova being acquired by anyone else.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ow bummer.
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X