Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm going straight from S8 to S9 without pausing for breath! Given that most of this season won't technically be a "Rewatch" for me, we'll see what happens.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I waited. I start season 9 tomorrow.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        I waited. I start season 9 tomorrow.
        Same here.

Having not watched this season for ages it will be interesting if my view of it will change at all. I think I was spending most of the time the first two occasions I watched this season trying to come to terms with what the changes in characters brought to the show.

As a result I may have missed things that might be more fun with the rewatch, now I've got the irritation with the Mitchell and Vala characters out of the way hopefully. I haven't watched season 9 in its entirety since I bought the season when it was first released on DVD!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Same here.

Having not watched this season for ages it will be interesting if my view of it will change at all. I think I was spending most of the time the first two occasions I watched this season trying to come to terms with what the changes in characters brought to the show.

As a result I may have missed things that might be more fun with the rewatch, now I've got the irritation with the Mitchell and Vala characters out of the way hopefully. I haven't watched season 9 in its entirety since I bought the season when it was first released on DVD!
          I don't think I'll ever get over my irritation with Mitchell and especially Vala. Or how badly they treated Sam's character.

I've watched S9 and S10 a few times, but I just don't like them. So I'll pick up with the rewatch again when we get to Alantis.

Comment

I wish i knew about this... I started re-watching Stargate at about the same time but I'm already up to Universe... Think i might finish Universe then jump back to where you guys are and restart (again) from there. Can never watch too much Stargate...
            SG-1 was the best
            SG-A was just as awesome

SG-U should CONTINUE!!!

sigpic

Comment

NO season 9 for me .... it is where i get off .... back for Atlantis when it arrives!!!

as me name says ---- "SG1 without JACK" -- well it "AINTRIGHT"

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Not everyone enjoyed the last 2 seasons & that's their perogative - you can still support the franchise without having to watch every single episode.

Having said that, I'm struggling to watch SGA - there have been a few epsiodes I just cannot & will not watch.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Personally I go with the good, bad, and the ugly for the rewatch but I understand not everyone will agree. Besides I liked S9 and S10 a lot more then S7 and S8
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Well I am watching all 10 seasons of SG-1 all 5 seasons of SGA and all of SGU and I didn't like the last 2 seasons of SGA and I am watching it
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I actually enjoyed seasons 9 & 10 too even though everythig i had read leading up to the eps was quite negative - but I liked them - in fact, I liked them even more second & third & fourth time round.
                      With Atlantis, there are a few eps that lull me into a coma...great for those nights when you need to numb your brain but not so great when you need to watch for the rewatch.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yeah Atlantis in general is dull IMHO, theres a lot of bits I liked, the McKay/Sheppard interaction, some of the story arcs etc but later when we go down the route of Replicators, Ronin, Wraith being allies, Asguard etc it feels like its trying to be more an SG1 clone than stand on its own two feet and thats where it fails for me, as an idea it was a good one but I feel as a series it was poorly executed, however I'm still watching it because I thought that was the point of the rewatch..

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Not everyone enjoyed the last 2 seasons & that's their perogative - you can still support the franchise without having to watch every single episode.

Having said that, I'm struggling to watch SGA - there have been a few epsiodes I just cannot & will not watch.
                          Presume this was aimed at my deleted post (which was tongue in cheek but still, some seem to fail picking up on text based humour/sarcasm, the pm function obviously doesnt work too well)..

Yeah I wouldnt expect everyone to watch every episode, there were a few that I remembered so didnt watch but they were still on even if I was doing otherthings and it was on in the background, but to miss out a few seasons, kinda missing a big chunk/arc there, presumably that means the same person wouldnt be watching the SG1 movies either as they are based on the later cast?

IMHO ignoring seasons, spin offs etc just because you dont like the fact one member of the crew is no longer main cast is a finger to the writers and the rest of the cast, one person does not make a show..

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                            Yeah Atlantis in general is dull IMHO, theres a lot of bits I liked, the McKay/Sheppard interaction, some of the story arcs etc but later when we go down the route of Replicators, Ronin, Wraith being allies, Asguard etc it feels like its trying to be more an SG1 clone than stand on its own two feet and thats where it fails for me, as an idea it was a good one but I feel as a series it was poorly executed, however I'm still watching it because I thought that was the point of the rewatch..
                            Personally from my point of view, it couldn't be more opposite to SG1 - I guess when watching either SG1, SGA or SGU, I've entered into them knowing they may be connected but they are distinctively different - different dynamics & feel.
                            Funny how you like the McKay/Sheppard dynamic - my hubby literally cannot be in the room when McKay is on the screen - it's quite funny to watch how quickly he leaves when I put SGA on.
                            And while I am a HUGE Sam Carter fan, hubby loves Vala...a lot!
                            Makes for watching SG an interesting sitting when hubster is about.
                            Originally posted by Trig View Post
                            Presume this was aimed at my deleted post (which was tongue in cheek but still, some seem to fail picking up on text based humour/sarcasm, the pm function obviously doesnt work too well)..
                            Just so you know - it wasn't me...I said nothing. I'm assuming a mod wasn't happy with a particular comment in your post be it tongue in cheek or not...and admittedly, I thought you should have probably re read your post before posting as it did come across a bit harsh.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I said what I meant and I meant what I said, I expect nothing more or less from anyone else, however I wasnt offensive, didnt swear and as were all adults here I wouldn't of thought it was an issue..

Still, its lunchtime here so time for another episode of SGA, episode 9 today...

Comment

I started season 9 last night
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X