Nice touch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice touch!

In watching it again, I looked closer at the memory device they watched the Kino footage on as Eli was plugging it in, and it's engraved with 200K TERRABYTES in the gold portion.

Thought that was kind of cool. It also means that they did indeed use the English alphabet and stamped it on their technology. Further proof that it is highly unlikely that the Drones were created on Novus.

200k Terrabytes, and people are wondering how knowledge could have been passed on.

Destiny grade SD cards people !!!!

N.C

Comment

200K terrabytes? Wow.. advancement ftw!

If they reengineerd that from part of the Kino, and the kino had such capacity, the Destiny crew could've recored and passed on a LOT of their knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
        In watching it again, I looked closer at the memory device they watched the Kino footage on as Eli was plugging it in, and it's engraved with 200K TERRABYTES in the gold portion.

Thought that was kind of cool. It also means that they did indeed use the English alphabet and stamped it on their technology. Further proof that it is highly unlikely that the Drones were created on Novus.
        Werent there two nations? both speak and write english? not sure, but the other one couldve made the drones.
        sigpic

Comment

that is a LOOOT of storage

Comment

Not even 1 EB (Exabyte)
            Haha no but yea that's quite a lot of storage, however at the rate we're going today there should be pretty much unlimited storage available in a hundred years. I mean they've managed to program bacteria to store information.
            Based on the procedures tested, they estimate the ability to store about 900000 gigabytes (GB) in one gram of bacteria cells. That is the equivalent of 450 hard drives, each with the capacity of 2 terabytes (2000 GB).
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Makes me how many Movie quality DVDs 200 terabites would be

Comment

Over 200,000 DVDs quality movies I believe. Working at about 1GB per film in MPEG 4. Of cause most films are about 800mb so the number would slightly higher. An the compression technology may be many times more advice than MPEG 4, mean same quality but ways smaller.

Spoiler:
                Give the compacity of a single memory stick, the archives are going to be massive.

Comment

Werent there two nations? both speak and write english?
                  Second country is speaking in Scottish language!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                    Second country is speaking in Scottish language!
                    No they would be speaking Rushian!

Comment

That was a nice touch.

As for the drones, I know there is a lot of talk about maybe they built them, but seriously, if that is the case then the writers have really been a bit lazy for convenience.

They can't have been the builders of the drones because:

A. The people that were born on the new colony had no idea what a drone was. Would you really think they would be taught about their ancestors and not taught about recent events such as those drones? They would have been a main weapon in the war surely and they would have learned about recent events as well as their ancestors. Unless their parents were then like "oh yeahhh, forgot to mention about the drones. KNEW we were missing something". Also this would imply that they were a space capable race able to go in and out of hyperspace or FTL which brings me into B.

B: if they were able to manufacture the drones then they can go into FTL or hyperdrive. If this were the case, at some point in the 30 years they were on the colony, a rescue party would have been sent, if nothin else a fly by to check out if they were still alive. This clearly has not happened.

The only possibilities are that they somehow invented the drones after the colony folk left and went from no space capabilities to the drones in a very short period of time, which I highly doubt because they still would have sent the people. Or they created the drones, the volcano went off and something happened to the drones and made them crazy killing everyone.

Plus it seems that they speak english and probably write something similar to english (please dont say they will have adopted ancient. Why would they change the language EVERYONE on board reads, writes and speak to something not created by them, why?) and the drones had some different language altogether, not even similar to English.

And if it were the case that they created them and then the volcano went off, as they knew there was a colony being set up, wouldnt their first location to try and find refuge BE that colony? Using their space capabilities in hyperdrive or FTL which the drones must have.

Comment

A) it could have been a secret weapon or an experiment considered lost, as the DC's are fully automated there would be no need for it to remain around Novus.

B) Do we take a 304 to every planet we want to visit, or do we use the Stargate as it is infinitely more convenient?

Do you know the look of every secret design for whatever the US government is working on?

Whose to say that the SV didnt get misjudged about its eruption time and people got wiped out, do you know the exact day that Yellowstone will erupt? Does the Earth scientific community?

There are points for and against, best we can do is watch and wait.

I personally am on the side of maybe, evidence to support both sides, but not enough to make either the winner.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          A) it could have been a secret weapon or an experiment considered lost, as the DC's are fully automated there would be no need for it to remain around Novus.

B) Do we take a 304 to every planet we want to visit, or do we use the Stargate as it is infinitely more convenient?

Do you know the look of every secret design for whatever the US government is working on?

Whose to say that the SV didnt get misjudged about its eruption time and people got wiped out, do you know the exact day that Yellowstone will erupt? Does the Earth scientific community?

There are points for and against, best we can do is watch and wait.

I personally am on the side of maybe, evidence to support both sides, but not enough to make either the winner.

N.C
                          it would make more sense that they built the drones but why were they at war with Ursini? over what? Land? tech? it must be something, something to do with Rush worshipper i reckon.
                          sigpic

Comment

As i have posted this theory in another thread i will just shorten it here and post the basis.

IF and i stress IF the drones were created to be an automated space born defense against whatever out there, it would have had AI, after Novus died off, the AI lost its primary function and thus corrupted itself, after meeting the Ursini and whomever else out there, the corrupt AI could have chosen to annihilate all technology that COULD threaten its existence, creating more than one DC and attacking ALL technology merely became and fanatic extension of the original desire for self protection.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                              As i have posted this theory in another thread i will just shorten it here and post the basis.

IF and i stress IF the drones were created to be an automated space born defense against whatever out there, it would have had AI, after Novus died off, the AI lost its primary function and thus corrupted itself, after meeting the Ursini and whomever else out there, the corrupt AI could have chosen to annihilate all technology that COULD threaten its existence, creating more than one DC and attacking ALL technology merely became and fanatic extension of the original desire for self protection.

N.C
                              okay now im 100% certain they created it. I'm just looking for the context, what pushed them to creating it? did they get attacked before? Attempted invasions perhaps? They probably had their own stargate program, maybe they met the hostile aliens?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X