The Martian Chronicles (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I thought the story with M'gann and the White Martians was pretty good/interesting though.
    Which took about the good 2/3 of the episode.
    As for the relationships in CW shows, they are what they are, I usually don't let them affect how I enjoy the story if it's good. I'll never watch a show for ships nor will I stop watching one because of them. I'm totally neutral towards Kara's constantly failed romantic issues, never was into them, nor did they ever bother me.
    On the other hand I just love Alex and Maggie, totally ship those two crazy kids.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I am also wondering was that whole Alex/maggie angle pushed into the show, to push a pro LGBTQ agenda?
    Pushed as in against some people's wishes. I totally doubt it, I'm sure Berlanti was looking for a coming out storyline in one of his shows, and decided that Supergirl was the best place for it, and CW agreed.
    If the question is if Berlanti has a pro LGBTQ agenda? He does, and I'm totally for it. If seing it on a TV show saved one kid from attempting suicide then it already succeeded. And it did.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
      Which took about the good 2/3 of the episode.
      I know, and that's why I liked the episode.

As for the relationships in CW shows, they are what they are, I usually don't let them affect how I enjoy the story if it's good. I'll never watch a show for ships nor will I stop watching one because of them. I'm totally neutral towards Kara's constantly failed romantic issues, never was into them, nor did they ever bother me.
      On the other hand I just love Alex and Maggie, totally ship those two crazy kids.
      For me it depends on how the relationships are written and how much focus the relationships are getting. If I think that the relationships are poorly written and are taking over the show and they're affecting my enjoyment I'll stop watching a show. It's also about context for me. Like, I can watch a show like Downton Abby or Outlander or something and not be bothered by all the relationships or the focus on relationships, but if I'm watching an adventure/superhero show I don't want the romantic relationships to be the focus of the show (especially since they don't seem to be written as well as on those other shows). I also don't really have a problem with high-school relationship drama as long as the characters are actually in high-school. I don't like watching adults that are supposed to be mature professionals acting like they're in high-school when it comes to relationships. I just find it annoying to watch.
      sigpic

Comment

Pushed as in against some people's wishes. I totally doubt it, I'm sure Berlanti was looking for a coming out storyline in one of his shows, and decided that Supergirl was the best place for it, and CW agreed.
        If the question is if Berlanti has a pro LGBTQ agenda? He does, and I'm totally for it. If seing it on a TV show saved one kid from attempting suicide then it already succeeded. And it did.
        It's also about context for me. Like, I can watch a show like Downton Abby or Outlander or something and not be bothered by all the relationships or the focus on relationships, but if I'm watching an adventure/superhero show I don't want the romantic relationships to be the focus of the show (especially since they don't seem to be written as well as on those other shows). I also don't really have a problem with high-school relationship drama as long as the characters are actually in high-school. I don't like watching adults that are supposed to be mature professionals acting like they're in high-school when it comes to relationships. I just find it annoying to watch.
        Very true. WE've as i mentioned, already seen one relationship break up (Jimmy and his beau), two other relation ships start then falter (kara-winn, kara-jim). So why is the only one seeming to be a 'stable one', have to be the Alex-maggie one?

Comment

Lol, that's true you never know They'll probably find some new guy to fall for her next season. I just hope they don't try to put Kara with Winn. I know that he had a thing for her during the first season, but I'm glad that she never had romantic feelings for him. I love their friendship and I feel that putting them together romantically would ruin it.
          Yeah I like the Kara/Winn friendship, but it's sad that they have issues at the moment because of the stupid Guardian nonsense. I hope they can get back to their previous friendship before the end of the season.

They seem to be trying to isolate Kara from everyone, Winn/James because of their disagreement on Guardian and Alex because she's focused on her new relationship, also Mon-El because of his crush on Kara. She doesn't seem to have anyone to turn to the now
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Yeah, that scene with Winn & Supergirl scared me too.
            Lol, yeah, I really liked that scene towards the end of the episode with Winn because it was a nice friendship moment, but I couldn't help thinking "I really hope they don't try to put them together" during it.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Very true. WE've as i mentioned, already seen one relationship break up (Jimmy and his beau), two other relation ships start then falter (kara-winn, kara-jim). So why is the only one seeming to be a 'stable one', have to be the Alex-maggie one?
            I dont mind if Alex and Maggie have a stable relationship, because I'd rather not watch constant breaking up and getting back together (I thought the little breakup they had the other week was pretty silly). I'd just rather that Alex have more going on in her life outside of work/the adventure of the week than her girlfriend. I mean, she had that storyline involving her father (which I actually found interesting), but that seems to have been dropped for now in favor of focusing on her relationship with Maggie.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Yeah I like the Kara/Winn friendship, but it's sad that they have issues at the moment because of the stupid Guardian nonsense. I hope they can get back to their previous friendship before the end of the season.

They seem to be trying to isolate Kara from everyone, Winn/James because of their disagreement on Guardian and Alex because she's focused on her new relationship, also Mon-El because of his crush on Kara. She doesn't seem to have anyone to turn to the now
            Kara seemed to get over the Guardian stuff (well Winn's part in the Guardian thing, anyway) during this episode. But yeah, they do seem to have put some distance between her and her friends/family lately.
            sigpic

Comment

I dont mind if Alex and Maggie have a stable relationship, because I'd rather not watch constant breaking up and getting back together (I thought the little breakup they had the other week was pretty silly). I'd just rather that Alex have more going on in her life outside of work/the adventure of the week than her girlfriend. I mean, she had that storyline involving her father (which I actually found interesting), but that seems to have been dropped for now in favor of focusing on her relationship with Maggie.
              Well Maggie's "you get one" for Alex running away from the relationship indicates that there will be no break-up/get back together again unless it's for good. They will have arguments and disagrements as you do in every relationship but this serious relationship stuff is new to Alex and she's learning but she now knows she can't run off like that. That if you want it to work you have to work at it together.

Kara seemed to get over the Guardian stuff (well Winn's part in the Guardian thing, anyway) during this episode. But yeah, they do seem to have put some distance between her and her friends/family lately.
              I don't think they're quite over it yet. Didn't he say something about going to see James about Guardian stuff after the crisis was averted? She didn't look too chuffed at that. Or was that at the beginning of the ep? I get kinda confused.

I wonder if there's a specific reason for this isolation of Kara. Some more angst

Oh but I can't wait for the next ep, my favourite person is back
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think they're quite over it yet. Didn't he say something about going to see James about Guardian stuff after the crisis was averted? She didn't look too chuffed at that. Or was that at the beginning of the ep? I get kinda confused.

I wonder if there's a specific reason for this isolation of Kara. Some more angst

Oh but I can't wait for the next ep, my favourite person is back
                I think Winn mentioned going to see James a couple of times during the ep. Once was towards the end after the thing with the White Martians was over. Kara told him at some point during the episode that she didn't approve of the Guardian thing because she cared for him (Winn) and didn't want to see him get hurt. When it was mentioned towards the end he said something about it being his calling or something along those lines, I really don't remember, then she seemed to accept it and told him to be careful.

Since the next episode is called Luthors, I'm guessing your favorite person is Lena? I really like her too.
                sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind it as much though, if every other relationship they have had (guy-gal) always broke apart after 4-5 eps..

Comment

I think Winn mentioned going to see James a couple of times during the ep. Once was towards the end after the thing with the White Martians was over. Kara told him at some point during the episode that she didn't approve of the Guardian thing because she cared for him (Winn) and didn't want to see him get hurt. When it was mentioned towards the end he said something about it being his calling or something along those lines, I really don't remember, then she seemed to accept it and told him to be careful.

Since the next episode is called Luthors, I'm guessing your favorite person is Lena? I really like her too.
                    I miss their interactions, Kara and Winn. This Guardian thing is taling up too much of his time away from Kara.

How ever di you know I could have been talking about Lillian, or that metallo dude? Or whatever his name is But yes Lena she's awesome
                    sigpic

Comment

How ever di you know I could have been talking about Lillian, or that metallo dude? Or whatever his name is But yes Lena she's awesome
                      Yeah, she's great, and has a great chemistry with Kara and Supergirl (or if she actually knows Kara is Supergirl. Three more sleeps...)
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, she's great, and has a great chemistry with Kara and Supergirl (or if she actually knows Kara is Supergirl. Three more sleeps...)
                        I think she knows. It's funny that she has more chemistry with Kara than the 3 guys combined I don't think that was supposed to happen

I can't watch it till Tuesday teatime after I finish work so i'm having a temporary sabbatical from social media most of Tuesday
                        sigpic

Comment

I miss their interactions, Kara and Winn. This Guardian thing is taling up too much of his time away from Kara.

Lol, Lillian is kind of a witch (and not really the fun kind) and I barely remember the Metallo guy, so I figured it just had to be Lena

I miss Kara and Winn's interactions as well and I also miss everyone just hanging out together, but I do like Winn's friendship/partnership with James. I really like their interactions most of the time. I think Mon-El needs to get a friend that he's not romantically interested in.
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL, SpoilerTV has tweeted the new poster with Kara and Mon-El lurking behind her. The reactions are hilarious (and unanimous).
                            https://twitter.com/STV_Supergirl/st...65586101440512
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol, Lillian is kind of a witch (and not really the fun kind) and I barely remember the Metallo guy, so I figured it just had to be Lena

I miss Kara and Winn's interactions as well and I also miss everyone just hanging out together, but I do like Winn's friendship/partnership with James. I really like their interactions most of the time. I think Mon-El needs to get a friend that he's not romantically interested in.
                              Katie McGrath is awesome playing Lena Pity they couldn't keep her actual accent though

Lena has that air of mystery going on. I just hope they don't go down the predictable route of making her evil like the rest of her family. I wouldn't have a problem with her blurring the lines a little though Id like to see Kara and Lena develop a friendship. It would be good if Kara had a friend that wasn't her sister or a guy (because they all keep falling for her ). I think there's a wee bit of a gap since Cat left (I miss her sassyness). With the way they're isolating Kara lately would be a perfect time for her to bond with Lena, the next episode would be a perfect opportunity to do that. What I am also dying to see is a bonding moment between Kara and Maggie, it could bring Kara and Alex closer again. Even though Alex turned up at her door with a cupcake for her Earth birthday I still feel there's a distance between them. I don't like seeing Kara lonely. AND FOR THE LOVE OF MY SANITY ALEX, stop trying to talk Kara into thinking she has feelings for Mon-El *facepalm*

I tolerated James last season, this season he annoys the heel out of me and at tmes I wish Guardian would kick the bucket. I want Kara/Winn best friends back

LOL, SpoilerTV has tweeted the new poster with Kara and Mon-El lurking behind her. The reactions are hilarious (and unanimous).
                              https://twitter.com/STV_Supergirl/st...65586101440512
                              I love the gifs, so funny. But yeah I have to agree it's weird Mon-El is on it and not Alex. I liked Mon-El till he started his puppy dog routine with Kara. It just doesn't work. Kara/Mon-El is almost identical to Kara/James in season 1. Only difference is Kara didn't have feelings for Mon-El till Alex talked her into it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I liked Mon-El till he started his puppy dog routine with Kara. It just doesn't work. Kara/Mon-El is almost identical to Kara/James in season 1. Only difference is Kara didn't have feelings for Mon-El till Alex talked her into it.
                                They are planning something for the Valentine's episode, but before that we'll have the Luthors!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X