Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Rush is the smartest person on the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli is a math boy,but Einstein wasn't every good with math, in fact i Einstein's fail math in school.

Rush is like Einstein ,they both need some mathboy to work for them.
    in the end the mathboy doesn't get the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. My impression is that Eli is more intelligent, though immature, but Rush is the one with the expertise, so when you need a problem solving, he's the one you turn to, for the moment...
      Rush and Experiance?

It was his first real project...

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      Eli is a math boy,but Einstein wasn't every good with math, in fact i Einstein's fail math in school.

Rush is like Einstein ,they both need some mathboy to work for them.
      in the end the mathboy doesn't get the credit.
      I still think that Rush is and always will be smarter than Eli.

Eli will just do the calculations and comic relief. That is what I see him as.

Rush is like the Sam or Rodney McKay... but evil.

Because keep in mind that all the ideas rush comes up with.. Eli only does as he is told, he never has ideas.

Just like in his real life were he just played video games all day long.

(What is the point of having Rush if Eli is going to be smarter than him in everything.. not just math?)

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
        Rush and Experiance?
        I said expertise not experience, he obviously knows more about Ancient technology than anyone else on the ship.

It was his first real project...
        I'm not calling you a liar, but when was that established?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          I said expertise not experience, he obviously knows more about Ancient technology than anyone else on the ship.

I'm not calling you a liar, but when was that established?
          In the Wiki if you go read it says that his life started as him being poor and then he married his wife.

After his wife died he dedicated his life to science and was then stationed at Icarus base. (This is were I thought it was his first project, nothing is said about anything else.) And then after Icarus they end up on destiny.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Rush

So as far as we know Icarus is his first project.

Oh and

Expertise: Expert advice or opinion.
          Expert: having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from experience.

Yes you did

Comment

Well, "smartest" is sort of subjective.

It is like I said in a past thread, I am studying for an Associates in Applied Science in Engineering Technology; from what I know it wouldn't be super hard for me to use my basic knowledge of how electricity works to learn basic ancient electronics. No matter the technology, it all has to work on a basic on/off level. I could never learn to be an expert, nor to be a physicist or anything, but I could at least learn the basics.

Eli is much smarter than I could ever be when it comes to the math. I think Rush knows about as much as we can know about ancient systems. In the sense of the "smartest" it wouldn't surprise me if the cook that came through with them is capable of learning more about the systems than Rush is, but Rush is the one who knows the systems now.

So I think Rush is the one who knows the most, but I really doubt he is the smartest on the ship.

Comment

If you see the part were young asks eli to analyze the data when they were dialing the stargate.... Eli said that he didn't understand Alot of it.

So does that make rush the smartest person on the ship?

Just wondering.
              Rush is definitely the smartest, and not just book smartest like McKay or Carter either. He knows how to manipulate people and he's calculating, pragmatic, and unswayed enough by emotion to use people like tools to accomplish a given task or to sacrifice them if necessary.

Not the sort of guy you want to be on the bad side of in that type of situation.

Comment

Rush is extremely intelligent - and has the ability to see the bigger picture all the time (well, his version of the bigger picture anyway) - unlike Eli who needs to pretty much be told what to work on in order to accomplish something.
                Moreover, Rush is knee deep in Stargate and Ancient lore - with far more knowledge in the field then anyone on the Destiny.

Eli has more ingenuity and is more resourceful - and has mad math skills - but unlike Rush, he is not self motivated at all.
                sigpic

Comment

In the Wiki if you go read it says that his life started as him being poor and then he married his wife.

After his wife died he dedicated his life to science and was then stationed at Icarus base. (This is were I thought it was his first project, nothing is said about anything else.) And then after Icarus they end up on destiny.

Rush says in Air Pt 1 to Eli that they've spent two years searching for somewhere with the power requirements and Young says they've been there for six months.

Spoilers for an upcoming episode:
                  Spoiler:
                  Apparently, he was recruited two years prior to all this by Daniel Jackson.

Comment

Let's just say, he's the one with the best working knowledge of everything on the ship.

Smarts go well beyond working knowledge tho!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by boxvic View Post
                      So I think Rush is the one who knows the most, but I really doubt he is the smartest on the ship.
                      Whats the reason for that?

The only smart people are eli and rush.

Young is just a good leader... doesn't make him smart. (I mean Sam/McKay "smart")

The other people on board are just like a herd of sheep. Scott and Greer are just soldiers... Chloe is useless, and the science guys that help are like zelenka from Atlantis. They always mess things up.

Comment

That wiki is largely made-up nonsense. It's not to be trusted.

Oh and

Expert: having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from experience.

Yes you did
                        If you want to split hairs I still said expertise, not experience, not matter what the implications are. Besides, he did have experience whether that article is to be trusted or not, he was head scientist on the Icarus Base, so he still obviously has more expertise than anyone else there, like I said.

Comment

smart is a subjective term, when it comes to book smarts yes rush is smarter than eli, but rush doesn't have alot of street smarts and when it comes to social skills, well he doesn't really have any. so overall i think eli is smarter than rush

Comment

No, PC's are FAR superior to Mac's.

Wait, what?

Comment

I think they are both equal.

So with that being said I think that Rush is someone who knows a lot about the ancient tech and the language. Also he has a bit of age to him which like it or not is a factor.

Now Eli has the math and he is very intelligent but he is young and there is so much potential.

Personally I think Young is not thinking clearly (of course I really think he's crazy) he honestly thinks that he can sway Eli.

Everytime the chips are down Eli will side with Rush. Even after he questioned him in the first ep-and Greer was threatening to blow him away Eli suddenly was like, wait...let's hear him out.

Comment

Yes you did [/QUOTE]

I really hate word-twiddling flame. And smileys don't cancel out flame.

English doesn't work that way: 'expertise' and 'experience' have totally different connotations. Get over yourself and let people use the language as it is used, not as pure logic would have it constructed.

If you really need an explanation: Great expertise often implies limited experience because one has 'experienced' the same narrow range of life over and over and missed out on everything else that was going on at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X