No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if I am able to express what kind of "things" make Helen to be like she is. I am not sure, if I am able to say it right, because there are many reasons and many possibilities why Helen is so cool and awesome. I can only say that she is really kind person, who lived through the bad times and she experienced many bad situations. And we can only quess what kind of situation or kind of thing changed her, we don't know either how she acted when she was young. Maybe she was a different person when she was young and some kind of person or situation changed her. I don¨t know if I am using the right words to express my feelings about her... after all I am sure I would be the happiest person if Helen would be my mother. Even if she was my friend, I would be happy. I know that Amanda's character is only a fiction but I am sure I want her to be my mom
    And maybe we can see Helen in this way because Amanda plays her, it is a big part of our thinking about Helen. Amanda is a kind person too, so this quality transfers to Helen surely. it is my modest opinion. I would be able to talk ablout Amanda / Sam / Helen for very long time .. you don't know me

And sorry for my bad explanation skills
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Comment

jacfan, this is a lovely picture

My new banner :

Comment

By the way...she is now 158 years old and super cool.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            By the way...she is now 158 years old and super cool.
            Yop, totally right

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
              Topic to discuss (Might have talked about it before, but we may have new people)
              What is is about Helen Magnus that makes her such an interesting character? How has living 158 years (edited) influenced who she has become.
              Quoting myself! LOL

Anyway, my thoughts on Helen Magnus:
              She is a woman that has lived through 158 years of history. With that comes intelligence, strength, loss, adventure, and experience. She has taken her knowledge of the abnormal world that is all around us and empowered herself, as well as others, to do something to save the creatures as well as the humans around them. Living through that much history has taught her to be strong. She is confident in who she is and believes in her ability to help other; to fix problems. I love her in Pavor Nocturnus. Even though she was in a world she had probably never experienced, she remained Magnus. She stood brave in a world that was falling apart. She knew there had to be a cure and she was determined to find it. Granted, there are times when she doubts herself, the choices she has made, but that is how you gain experience. She has suffered great loss. Like she said, when you live that long you see a lot of people die and loneliness did overcome her; but she was then able to experience motherhood, which gave her another layer of greatness . In the first or second episode when she tells Ashley that she doesn't want her to leave the Sanctuary, makes me laugh. She cares so much for everyone around her, not just her daughter, and they know that she does. Even if she does believe in "tough love". The way that she kept up to date on what Will had been doing was inspiring. I have someone in my life that seems to know me so well, knows what I would be good at, and has provided the opportunity for me to blossom. I think that that is what Helen did for Will. He loved what he was doing but wasn't taken seriously until she came along. There are so many layers to her character and Amanda does them all so well.

So, those are my thoughts. Anyone else?
              sigpic
              || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

I agree. I have an idea. I was just thinking about this last night, while working on my Sanctuary Artwork Challenge.

Topic to discuss (Might have talked about it before, but we may have new people)
                What is is about Helen Magnus that makes her such an interesting character? How has living 157 years influenced who she has become.
                That is a really good question CC
                I think what makes her so interseting is that she has seen and done thing we have only dreamed about and she has been there at key points through time she know's alot of big names and for her living so long she has not only seen the world change but people change as well through out the ages and with these changes she ahs also grown and is still growing even know
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                  That is a really good question CC
                  I think what makes her so interesting is that she has seen and done thing we have only dreamed about and she has been there at key points through time she knows a lot of big names.
                  That's true! I mean Jack the Ripper, the real Sherlock Holmes, the Invisible Man, a Vampire! And the Victorian Era was an incredible time for the British.
                  sigpic

Comment

just an observation, but doesn't a 'thunk' thread normally have pics to go with it?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      just an observation, but doesn't a 'thunk' thread normally have pics to go with it?
                      We ARE lacking picspam! Let me help with that.

These are some of my current favorite pictures (2x9)

sigpic

Comment

Nice picspam I Love that ep ...
                        Helen in black ...
                        The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                        sigpic

Comment

I will help you with picspam

My Banners

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                            I will help you with picspam
                            Pretty! I still LOVE the green one, and the others are great. I like the doubleness of them all .
                            sigpic

Comment

Pretty! I still LOVE the green one, and the others are great. I like the doubleness of them all .
                              Thanks. I am happy you like it. And yes, the green one has awesome atmosphere. And green colour is good for eyes

It is always a pleasure for me to make art with Amanda / Helen.

Comment

The I'm not so common and the last banners are just epic!
                                btw, I made a new drawing of Helen, tell me what you think ^^
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X