Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth and final (very) short season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Skiffy must have such a high profit margin on shows that they just can't make it. But sometimes I have to wonder if they have an automatic 'Five and it's done' policy.

Very few of skiffy's shows are all that great, ratings wise, to begin with. There is such a thing as 'good for us'....as in good ratings for our network. But sometimes it does feel that the bar is set impossibly high, that no show can make the numbers they demand. And since their overabundance of 'unscripted reality' stuff has a higher profit margin, they can pull less numbers and still be deemed a success.

Defiance will be interesting because it's different. How much of the show's continuing is tied to the game's success and vice versa?

I think Syfy uses their scripted shows to drum up viewership for their profit making, low budget reality shows. They have a history with their expensive miniseries like Taken and The Lost Room where they lost a lot of money on them but they got people to tune in to be exposed to their ads for their cheaper programming.

Unfortunately with things like illegal downloading those commercials are no longer being seen by nearly as many people. Syfy has squandered their old scifi base and Defiance is an attempt to get them back. I think we will see more new "scifi" shows on Syfy over the next year as the network desperately tries to reestablish a core audience.

Comment

This weeks WH13 pulled in barely a million viewers and a 0.4 rating.

We're darn lucky to get another 6 episodes. Its headed into Stargate Universe and Sanctuary terrority at the end of those shows.

Comment

Originally posted by techs View Post
        This weeks WH13 pulled in barely a million viewers and a 0.4 rating.

We're darn lucky to get another 6 episodes. Its headed into Stargate Universe and Sanctuary terrority at the end of those shows.
        I haven't even seen the most recent episodes yet...are they that bad?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          I thought the last two were pretty good.

Eddie McClintock put it best. Its an 8pm show but its on at 10 pm.

Comment

No, they are not bad at all. My wife and I are still really enjoying this show. Sadly, the two of us watching loyally can't keep it going.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

W13, It's where I just kick of my "reality shoes" and just go along for the ride with Pete, Myka and the crew.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                W13, It's where I just kick of my "reality shoes" and just go along for the ride with Pete, Myka and the crew.
                sounds like me
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Man that sucks. Another good show bites the dust I'm running out of scifi shows to watch. Stopped watching Defiance a few weeks ago. Wonder if they'll be any new sci-fi shows on the horizon.
                  sigpic

Comment

There's still Defiance...

And I guess the six episodes is to make up for the extra seven episodes season 4 got...

Hell, even Stargate SG-1 only lasted for five seasons on SyFy, as did SGA...

SG-1 got 10 season and final. and SGA only five season, But as Sanctuary did not past five but at only four seasons.
                    Hi guys,
                    I'm deaf and petty much down to eath, fan of original Stargate and Stargate atlantis and Sanctury and I do really enjoy hanging out here, I love those show. Because I adores Amanda tapping and Torri Higginson because they both are my favorite people . Especially Amanda Tapping was My childhood favorite I grew up watching her on SG-1

Torri Higginson is the Lovely down to earth person

Comment

Cannot believe they are ending this show. I love this show and am going to miss it when it does end.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasyplanet View Post
                        Cannot believe they are ending this show. I love this show and am going to miss it when it does end.
                        You and me both.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I have WH13 s1-4 on DVD but have not watched it yet.

It sounds like I will enjoy it through S3 but it falls off by your reports.

IMO very few shows should go past 3 seasons.

They should not make you want them to end but instead make you wish they did not end.

Sounds like they overstayed

Wulfmann

Comment

The short final season starts on April 14
                            http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Holy crap I did not even know they had already pretty much finished with everything. I thought we would be waiting until summer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow I have been so out of the loop on everything Syfy. I have to do a re-watch before it starts.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X