Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c View Post
    but we dont no we never looked around there ships that good
    The Arcturus like thing was their powersource, that's why it activated when the ship turned on in 'Counterstrike' what other reason would they have for storing ZPM's onboard?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      The Arcturus like thing was their powersource, that's why it activated when the ship turned on in 'Counterstrike' what other reason would they have for storing ZPM's onboard?
      Q: the power core is like, a solid thing, what's the blob in thei middle of hteir ships, part of the energy colection system?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        I htink the fluctuations are a side efect of firing the main gun.
        Yeah but what is that side effect? From the looks of it the ship didn't have enough power to shoot the beam and keep the shields at 100%, though that is just speculation.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Q: the power core is like, a solid thing, what's the blob in thei middle of hteir ships, part of the energy colection system?
        They never actually said but it had to of been connected to the powersource, not a collection system though imo. Maybe it's like the waste of the energy, you know like a steam train, the coal is the powersource and the smoke is the waste of that.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
          Yeah but what is that side effect? From the looks of it the ship didn't have enough power to shoot the beam and keep the shields at 100%, though that is just speculation.

They never actually said but it had to of been connected to the powersource, not a collection system though imo. Maybe it's like the waste of the energy, you know like a steam train, the coal is the powersource and the smoke is the waste of that.
          Perhaps, but maybe the shields can't filter all those high energy particles and have to be disrupted to let the beam through.

I never though of that, interesting. I have to say i htink "the daedalus varitions" will shed some light on this. Carter made a working Arcturus in an alternate time line by extracting very minute amounts of eenrgy from different universe, alone such energy drain wouln't create exotoc particles, but since there's so many universes, the overalll gain on our end is huge. Teh Daedalus in this new episod eis ewuiped with an interdimensionl drive, there's only VFX tho, no prop, if it resembles the ori energy blob then we may be on to paralel universe energy extraction.

Comment

ya that could be it but it looks really cool though

Comment

ya that could be it but it looks really cool though
              The only problem is why not house it in the reactor chamber wiht the physical power core? It's too big, i know, but...something just isn't right here.

lol, we are trying to figure out what in most likelyhood was simply made to look cool. this analitical work is kinda fun

Comment

they look alot better then our ships

Comment

they look alot better then our ships
                  Tell me about it. i can handle flying bricks as long as thir practical, but i guess they didn't have room in the budget for a science consultant. Or internet conection, cuz all that's available online, one website MOF.

Comment

the bright light in the middle of an ori ship is where the PRIOR has active the ship
                    Last edited by Jaffa Teal'c; 10 March 2008, 01:09 PM.

Comment

the big bright thing in the middle of an ori ship is where the prior has Activate the ship
                      Diferent tenses make that statement really hard to understand.

Comment

Whenever i saw the Ori ships i always associated the big blue thing with the power source that powered them i.e. the Prior activated the power source which in turn allowed the ships to start up

Comment

Originally posted by Houndofhell View Post
                          Whenever i saw the Ori ships i always associated the big blue thing with the power source that powered them i.e. the Prior activated the power source which in turn allowed the ships to start up
                          Yes but there's also a physical component we've seen.

Comment

Why on Earth would they give us a ship? Yeah, I know we freed them of the ori opression but didn't we also free the jaffa from the goa'uld in a way? Still I don't see too many ha'taks with USS whatever painted on their sides.

Comment

true we might find 1 Abandon

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                                Why on Earth would they give us a ship? Yeah, I know we freed them of the ori opression but didn't we also free the jaffa from the goa'uld in a way? Still I don't see too many ha'taks with USS whatever painted on their sides.
                                Well, you see, the Jaffa are A-holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X