This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The anger thread

Tell us things that have made you angry today, but NO discussion about it.

Some b!tch slagged me off this morning because I was cycling on the pavement. I was so angry at her that it caused me to lapse my concentration and crash my bike. I was fine, the bike was fine, but my phone was not. I place direct responsibility on HER for the destruction of my phone.

Screw HER!
    sigpic
    Paying Homage to Star Trek... LIKE A BOSS!... Though right now I'd prefer a Night Fury to the Enterprise

the machine

Comment

Originally posted by USS Stargazer NCC-2893 View Post

Some b!tch slagged me off this morning because I was cycling on the pavement. I was so angry at her that it caused me to lapse my concentration and crash my bike. I was fine, the bike was fine, but my phone was not. I place direct responsibility on HER for the destruction of my phone.

Screw HER!
      probably a knee-jerk reaction that motorists have developed whenever they see any cyclist even a responsible one though these days a responsible cyclist seems to be a rare thing......I've seen too many bikers who, when riding in the road refuse to abide by the rules of the road.....bicycles are vehicles and thus must obey the same rules of the road as any other vehicle....I've seen so many of them just simply blow through a stop sign and ride on the wrong side of the road as if they owned it

Comment

though sometimes I've had motorists almost run me over when riding my bike....one time I was crossing a street....I had the green light and the right of way and I nearly got flattened by some motorist turning right who evidently didn't see that there was a bicyclist trying to cross the street.....so i was forced to turn right in order to avoid becoming molecule-bonded to the pavement

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          probably a knee-jerk reaction that motorists have developed whenever they see any cyclist even a responsible one though these days a responsible cyclist seems to be a rare thing......I've seen too many bikers who, when riding in the road refuse to abide by the rules of the road.....bicycles are vehicles and thus must obey the same rules of the road as any other vehicle....I've seen so many of them just simply blow through a stop sign and ride on the wrong side of the road as if they owned it
          Sometimes it's motorists not knowing the rules of the road regarding bicyclists. There is a rotary near my house that has "bike use full lane" signs and road markings. I'm in the middle of the lane waiting to get in the rotary when this lady squeezes by me on my left (I'm not sure how she did it without hopping the raised medium) to go out in the rotary ahead of me and turn hard in front of me and almost gets hit by another car as she tries to negotiate this while I'm making my way around. Then she almost runs me over getting out of the rotary. That lady is gonna get herself or someone else killed someday. When markings give you the right to use full lane it is for the safety of the bicyclist, not just to be nice to them.

Comment

The Dunkin Doughnuts I went to this morning did not have WiFi. I couldn't read the news on my iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Hunter View Post
              Sometimes it's motorists not knowing the rules of the road regarding bicyclists. There is a rotary near my house that has "bike use full lane" signs and road markings. I'm in the middle of the lane waiting to get in the rotary when this lady squeezes by me on my left (I'm not sure how she did it without hopping the raised medium) to go out in the rotary ahead of me and turn hard in front of me and almost gets hit by another car as she tries to negotiate this while I'm making my way around. Then she almost runs me over getting out of the rotary. That lady is gonna get herself or someone else killed someday. When markings give you the right to use full lane it is for the safety of the bicyclist, not just to be nice to them.
              this one road near me has a bike lane between 2 car lanes....one for going straight on the bike lane's left side and one for turning right into UB on the lane's right hand side...meaning that a car in order to turn into UB from that road has to cross the bike lane.....I don't think they thought that one through too well....thank heavens there's a sidewalk and cyclists don't have to use the road there....

Comment

Yesterday in the rain driving downtown, I stopped in the left lane for a person in the crosswalk, as is the law and for safety's sake and the fools in the right lane blast on through! This poor guy's standing there in the middle of the street! I'm sure we've all seen this, why are people so careless, esp. in the rain?!!!

Oh, and cars where stopped in the opposite direction as well, it's obvious they should have stopped!
                sigpic

Comment

People who cannot read the premise of a thread.............
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

how so? annoyance and anger are kissing cousins....

Comment

Seeing that gas jumped another 10 cents.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Stargazer NCC-2893 View Post

Screw HER!
                        Well you shouldn't really be riding on the pavement anyway .

Comment

Narrow-minded religious igits who forget that there is supposed to be separation of church and state in the US.
                          sigpic

Comment

Witch fashion sketching teacher. Nit-picked at EVERY sketch I did, complained that they looked like dolls (not in the good way), and I failed the assignment. *cries*

This was the same teacher that insisted I go out and buy $20 (for a 10 sheet set) sheet protectors!!!
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              People who cannot read the premise of a thread.............
                              Hey! I'm angry about people who don't obey traffic rules and put people in danger!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X