No announcement yet.

ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise wasn't bad. I just think the ships in general were too advanced for their time, which messed up with Trek canon, especially regarding the Romulan Wars. The Suliban and the Xindi didn't make sense either. The series should have explored TOS races only. Season 4 was pretty good, though. Those three Vulcan eps were my favorites.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      I loved the Sulliban, they were among my favorite villians on the show. I'm still irritated over them being forgotten after Season 2. Silik in "Storm Front" doesn't count, because he's just one man. I agree that Season 1 is not stellar, ground breaking science-fiction. It's just a TV show, and it entertained me. That's enough for me. If the show bored you, why keep watching? I won't watch something, just because it's got the Star Trek brand name. For example, I saw a few episodes of Star Trek: The Animated Series, but it didn't grab me, so I quit watching.
      well i kept watching in the vain hope it would get better, which it did slightly and also if i havent seen it all i cant form and spread an opinion in good conscience because otherwise i would be a big hypocrite judging something without seeing all of the show.

Yes, that was the two-parter with Archer trapped in the future. What was wrong with Part 2? Were you expected uber future ships or something crazy like that? Hoshi's semi-topless scene was extremely immature, but it was otherwise a solid episode.
      haha, yes i wanted the USS Relativity to swing by and pick them up!
      i just thought the way he returned was incredibly lame and just too simple considering the human race had been wiped out and the earth was a desolate hell hole, but i liked the ruined future the fact that the absence of the federation led to the destruction of humanity somehow and the little nod to the Romulan Star Empire.
      and the whole trying to sex up star trek was just so badly done, that Orion slave girl episode was ridiculous, i dont know if youve ever watched Torchwood, it kind of takes the "lets sex up sci fi" philosophy to its zenith, its like it was written by a sexually confused fourteen year old!

The Temporal Cold War was a request by Paramount Pictures to add a future element to the show since it's a prequel. This is stupid, because despite being a prequel, it's still set in the future. Anyway, I thought the Temporal Cold War was a great idea, but B&B screwed up by not planning it out. A 12-episode arc spread across four seasons would have been grand and could have culminated in a two-parter where "Future Guy" finally steps into the 22nd century leading to a final showdown between him and Archer. Alas, it ended with Nazi Aliens from the future instead... As for Daniels sending the NX-01 back in time in the Season 3 finale... the Season 4 premiere explained why: Vosk, leader of the Nazi Aliens, went back in time to the 1940's and effectively rewrote the future. Daniels barely made it back to the 22nd century to send the NX-01 back to the 1940's. Obviously, if Daniels could have gone back in time in a 31st century ship, he would have done so. Why is Season 3 a lowpoint in the history of Trek? I thought it was the best season of Enterprise.
      Daniels is travelling through time isnt he? barely made it back? surely that implies it takes time to time travel but in s1 it was instantanious, it wouldnt take time for the changes to occur anyway it should be instantanious to, also remember when voyager had temporal shields that protected them from the changes in the time line, well surely what with all the factions in the temporal cold war something like that would have been developed? but i do agree a little bit of forethought could have really intertwined the whole suliban/ temporal cold war story well into the Enterprise version of events.
      yeah, season 3 was rubbish! are you mad? i believe you are
      it smacked of creative desperation to me i had expected them to tie up the loose ends with the suliban, and continue EXPLORING that is the point of the show, i just didnt see the point in the whole xindi story, the trek universe is big enough it just didnt NEED to happen the whole thing felt so tacked on. surely one of the pre-requisites of a prequel is to not add anything majorly new so as not to invalidate anything that has happened on the other shows.

The Borg loosing their teeth on VOY didn't loose my interest. There is more to the Borg than being the boogeyman of space. You are aware that Q was a comedy foil on TNG as well, right?
      it didnt loose my interest either, yeah there is more to the Borg than being the boogeyman in space but they could have fleshed them out without stripping them of all of their mystery and scaryness which is what happened.
      the premise of the Borg is that they are so completely alien that there simply is no common ground there is nothing to relate to and they should be the undefeatable enemy much like the Daleks in Doctor Who, who are always stopped but always return with none of their deadliness and downright evilness removed, the Borg should have been Star Treks Daleks but they got beaten too many times with little or no consequences for the crew of Voyager and with all the innovation of a Russian caravan.
      yes Q was a comedy foil in TNG but he wasnt entirely comic, he was a rounded character, just watch "all good things.." you see that Q is all conflicted and deadly ernest at points, but in Voyager it was all the lame jokes with all of the other facets to his character removed.
      so there!

Continuity errors? Like what? The whole idea for the Temporal Cold War is that it would lead into the Trek World we know. Keep in mind that Daniels is from 29th century Earth and makes references to the Federation in numerous episodes! We saw a possible Enterprise-J in "Azati Prime," and we saw Archer travel seven years into the future to see himself at the signing of the Federation Charter in "Zero Hour."
      Daniels is from the 31st century continuity errors! theres too many.
      i mean in trek history not the series in itself, i liked the nods to the federation.
      stuff like first contact with the Klingons being in the 23rd century yet in Enterprise it happened in the 22nd, the Ferengi being in it let alone the Borg. i cant be bothered to list them all to be honest but rest assured they are plentiful.
      but like i said after a time i just stopped griping and enjoyed it for what it was, and then series 3 happened. but i bared with it and series four really pulled it back IMO.
      To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Ive been trying to watch all the episodes of Enterprise and the other Star Trek shows but i can't afford buying every single season.I'm trying my best though.Ive been watching Voyager on Spike TV channel, Enterprise on Sci Fi, Deep Space Nine on one of them (don't remember), and the syndication of TOS.I am liking Enterprise the most I don't know everyone says it was bad but i enjoyed it.Also, Best Buy always being out of stock of DVD sets isn't helping much. I'm big Stargate fan and only now getting into Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
          Ive been trying to watch all the episodes of Enterprise and the other Star Trek shows but i can't afford buying every single season.I'm trying my best though.Ive been watching Voyager on Spike TV channel, Enterprise on Sci Fi, Deep Space Nine on one of them (don't remember), and the syndication of TOS.I am liking Enterprise the most I don't know everyone says it was bad but i enjoyed it.Also, Best Buy always being out of stock of DVD sets isn't helping much. I'm big Stargate fan and only now getting into Star Trek.
          You know, since it sounds like you're not watching much of anything, perhaps you should check out TNG on Spike.

I jest, very cool to hear of a new Trek fan, every series has it's merits and it's faults, glad to hear you're enjoying them all! What are your favourite episodes so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            You know, since it sounds like you're not watching much of anything, perhaps you should check out TNG on Spike.

I jest, very cool to hear of a new Trek fan, every series has it's merits and it's faults, glad to hear you're enjoying them all! What are your favourite episodes so far?
            Well your right lol I haven't seen many episodes mostly thanks to copyright laws taking them all off Youtube but lets not go there(some rule about talking about illegal video stuff on Gateworld).Ive seen the first half of season 1 of Enterprise in order and i liked it.Then the syndication episodes are showing like season 2 and i need to catch up I'm maybe gonna buy season 1 on DVD.I like the episode "Judgment" so far cause i like Klingons and shows with court cases on them. Yea your right people say TNG was the best and i have seen couple on Spike i saw the one that Q introduced the Borg it was cool.

Comment

Well your right lol I haven't seen many episodes mostly thanks to copyright laws taking them all off Youtube but lets not go there(some rule about talking about illegal video stuff on Gateworld).Ive seen the first half of season 1 of Enterprise in order and i liked it.Then the syndication episodes are showing like season 2 and i need to catch up I'm maybe gonna buy season 1 on DVD.I like the episode "Judgment" so far cause i like Klingons and shows with court cases on them. Yea your right people say TNG was the best and i have seen couple on Spike i saw the one that Q introduced the Borg it was cool.
              Actually, DS9 is my favourite.....then TNG and Enterprise tie or change spots depending on my mood.

And definitely come share your thoughts on DS9 eps in the DS9 Superior thread! We love newbies.

Judgement was cool- though that was one of the few eps of ENT that I found didn't stand up to repeat viewings as well- though perhaps that's because I've seen it at least four times.

Comment

Actually, DS9 is my favourite.....then TNG and Enterprise tie or change spots depending on my mood.

And definitely come share your thoughts on DS9 eps in the DS9 Superior thread! We love newbies.

Judgement was cool- though that was one of the few eps of ENT that I found didn't stand up to repeat viewings as well- though perhaps that's because I've seen it at least four times.
                Honestly I don't know what I'm getting into. When i started watching Stargate I was like "ok 9 seasons of Sg1 and 2 of SGA to watch" (at that time) and I eventually watched every single episode.But Star Trek..thats going to be tough I have got to watch every episode of every season of each of the shows and all the movies to be complete .I just have to now.

Comment

You don't know how lucky you are!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes- to have it alllllll laid out before you. It took me two years to see all of Trek including the movies (minus nine DS9 episodes that got skipped by the channel, so I haven't seen those yet).

Comment

Yes- to have it alllllll laid out before you. It took me two years to see all of Trek including the movies (minus nine DS9 episodes that got skipped by the channel, so I haven't seen those yet).
                      hey, your one post from 7000

Comment

hey, your one post from 7000
                        Muahaha, I just made my 7000th post.

hehe

Comment

Muahaha, I just made my 7000th post.

hehe
                          lol well...well i got like 50 something so there!

Comment

I was really turned off by all of the fan *****ing about this show. Its funny cause i really liked it, had my dad tape it for me. I liked it enough to buy all the dvd's at their exorbant prices.

My one quibble with purist of the original is space seed.... uhm, i dont remember a eugenics war in 1990 XD Dweebs, lol.

Obviously time travel changes things, and trek has alot of time travel.

In the end enterprise was very much the story of Jon Archer and his role in creating the federation. And thats what i wanted to see. It bridged 2003 to the 22th and 23rd centuries. And it took millions of deaths, a vulcan reformation, andorian wars and etc to do this. The changes these events had on earth and on archer made the very foundation of the federation.

Comment

I appreciate all Trek series. ENT is no different. I loved the Xindi arc. I loved that they were turning their attention to the 22nd century--a period which is rarely seen in ANY science fiction show. And, I loved the concept of the show, exploring the pioneering age of the Universe we have come to know.

I do, however, dislike some of the stuff that Berman and Braga decided to do with it. What they did with the last hour is a prime example.

I was disheartened when the it was cancelled. I was really looking forward to their going to Berengaria and seeing those dragons.
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I need some help guys. For those of you who live in the US, can you tell me what the TV Rating was for the first part of "In a Mirror, Darkly?" I'm tagging the episode for my iPod, and it has no rating. I know the second part was rated "TV-PG DL"

And for the recod, I decided to post in an existing Enterprise thread instead of creating a new thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X