No announcement yet.

What is Rush up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I don't know what he's up to. Even if he gets full control of the ship and its workings, what are his plans? Just to keep flying around randomly? I don't really get his motivation. And if what Park & Brody said is correct and they keep changing direction then The Destiny is far off her original course already. (Unless it self corrects.) If thats the case they may not be able to find any more planets with stargates on them and I'm pretty sure they are out of shuttles now too....

Comment

So Rush got caught in a lie hardcore while he was up controlling the ship.
      It was a clever deception to show them the hallway, satisfy their need for answers, yet retained his real secret.
      How much longer can he keep it up? Will he succeed in his 'mission' to figure it out before they find him there?

Comment

The ancients ascended like, millions of years after Destiny was launched, so that theory can only be correct if it states that the ancients gave up everything else to focus on ascention research the whole millions of years between Destiny's launch and their actual ascention.

Which means the knowledge about ascention, brought back to them by Destiny, was potential knowledge which had to be studiead for a looooong time, not ready-to-use knowledge. And that means Rush won't ascend as soon as get this knowledge (unless he combines it with any knowledge he already has, but that would rule out the evolutionary aspect we have been presented in SG1 and SGA)
        One Ring to rule the Dark Side
        sigpic
        Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          I like Rush, but haven't been thrilled with some of the dark choices he's made this season.
          I love it that he's back to doing questionable things. Not to mention how he screws up in order to keep the bridge a secret. Oh boy is he gonna get it when Young finds out.
          sigpic

Comment

This was Rush's "treefrog" episode (Lost fans will get the reference) just when you think he's coming around its a glaring reminder that he's still a *******.

Comment

he's true to his character
              if he started acting all noble and superheroey just because he had control of the Destiny, I'd wonder who the heck he was. The guy has had these flaws since day one and it's nice to see that they aren't tucked away when it's convenient.
              Crazy is relative. I can still think he's not firing on all cylinders (which could be said of quite a few on the ship) and that he's getting manifestations from the Destiny. I'm interested about who other crew would see if they sat in the chair
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Rush lying - must be a day ending in a y
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Im not sure that it would be entirely off course. Like franklin said, the count down is tricky with lots of variables. So when the ship stops it has to calculate a universe full of information and wait for a clear path so to speak. So with it's original window of travel closed it is waiting for the next window to open and go in the general direction it wants to go.

Comment

I think Rush is trying to circle back around to get telford, it would be why the ship keeps changing course and why they keep mentioning the countdown clock. We would be led to assume he is trying to prolong the clock..but..what if he is trying to make the clock quicker so he can jump out of FTL change course and jump back in FTL quicker to get to telford quicker?

Comment

He is not crazy. I think the bridge has an AI to speak with the crew. I do think Rush is a mantipulative sociopath but that is another story
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I have to wonder if the aliens did something to Rush, too; made a manipulation that is much more subtle. It kinda reminds me of Babylon 5 with Garibaldi, and how Bester just tweaked the man's sense of paranoia and attitude a bit. Just enough to get Garibaldi to do what Bester wanted.

If so, Rush's attitude has been tweaked to act this way, and thus might not be entirely his fault.

The other side is, he might not be crazy because he really is acting in everyone's best interest, doing what is best for the crew. Obviously, there are always people who don't realize what is best for them, or are incapable of making good decisions.

By the definition of the word, Rush is obviously not sociopathic nor psychopathic, and anyone who thinks that way hasn't picked up a dictionary lately. ;p

Comment

This ship can do much more than it appears it can. That thing the LA girl said about being able to control time and space got me thinking. It's more than just Rush being crazy. I believe Destiny is manipulating the fabric of reality within it's confines. That's my idea anyways
                          "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

I like Rush, but haven't been thrilled with some of the dark choices he's made this season.
                            Dark choices? You mean not telling anyone about the bridge? That's because he doesn't trust Young. There is nothing malevolent about that. I, in fact, agree with him. I'm actually finding myself rooting for him, not Young, this season. Young is not a good leader, at least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                              Dark choices? You mean not telling anyone about the bridge? That's because he doesn't trust Young. There is nothing malevolent about that. I, in fact, agree with him. I'm actually finding myself rooting for him, not Young, this season. Young is not a good leader, at least not yet.
                              And look what it cost them. The death of Riley and most likely the death of Telford. Trust Young or not its not right for the other people on DFestiny who could benefit from knowing the bridge.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                                Nah, I've read a quote from an interview with Robert Carlyle, and what it said is apparently the mission. Here is a paraphrase of that:

Spoiler:
                                The ancients found evidence of a point in space that could give them everything they needed to ascend. Then once Destiny got to this point it would go back in time to a point a few days after Destiny launched, and reveal this information to the Ancients. /end paraphrasing

Which, if this is true, leads me to believe that, The ancients in Timeline A (a timeline before the one we live in) launched destiny, and went to destiny and helped it complete it's mission. Then they came back in time to Timeline B (our timeline) and taught the Ancients from millions of years ago how to ascend. Thus in our timeline, they never needed to board destiny, because they already knew how to ascende. BUT, destiny had already been launched a few days (months or years) prior to the Timeline A Ancients return to Timeline B, so it was out there for us to eventually find and repeat the cycle. This is why the ancients never went to destiny, because it had already come back once. This also adds for a nice conclusion to the series. But ultimately it sounds kinda boring. Just an endless cycle of time travel. Nothing too revolutionary, and it's about ascension, a topic we have already dealt with a lot.

So, I hope it is something different than that. But if it is, they better make it awesome lol.
                                Do you have any links to this interview? The idea is very interesting but not sure that's it. I remember hearing an interview where Carlyle said
                                Spoiler:
                                Destiny is traveling to the beginning of time itself
                                , but that was it. It would be indeed very interesting if what you say it's true though.
                                "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Working...
                                X