This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    It's always been that way... (Go. See. The Series) Joss seems to like mixing the old with the new.
    But Inara's weapon was something that was introduced in the film. Pretty nifty, eh?
    lol OKAY, I'm goin I'm goin... *grumbles under breath

Yes that was a pretty cool I'll have to say...

Capt

Comment

How exactly do you pronnouce Chiwetel Ejiofor's name? I have a fair idea but is it

Chew-it-tell Edge-ju-for or Chew-it-tell Edge-jewel-for?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
        Great stuff

Oh, and by the way.... what's with the antique-looking weapons the crew of the Serenity have??? Some of it looked sort-of high tech, other pieces, like the Capt'n's pistol, sure as heck DIDN'T!

Is there a reason for that, or was it just the way Whedon did the series, and carried it across to the movie...?

Capt
        I've just watched the series (havn't seen the film yet) and one of things that stood out to me were the weapons as well Seems that Whedon had no qualms about taking real-world Earth weapons and not even bothering to try and 'alien' them up, which I thought was a rather novel way of doing it. Ak-47's, Uzi's, MP5's, .50 cal Desert Eagles and a whole heap of shotguns and revolvers. I also notice BSG does that to an extent as well (though they tend to go for more obscure weapons, otherwise they 'alien' them up as well)

Comment

Would you be able to answer the question, 'Why in Australia is Firefly aired so late?'
          Firefly is usually on way past my bedtime, and some episodes have started at 12:30am!
          It frustrates me.

Comment

Originally posted by duffarama
            Would you be able to answer the question, 'Why in Australia is Firefly aired so late?'
            Firefly is usually on way past my bedtime, and some episodes have started at 12:30am!
            It frustrates me.
            Because its a sci fi and the free to air channels in Aus suck and would rather put crappy reality shows on instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Because its a sci fi and the free to air channels in Aus suck and would rather put crappy reality shows on instead?
              You are right on the money Agent Dark.
              Channel 7 here in Australia has the best Sci-Fi shows but they just consider them as jaffa excrement.

Comment

Originally posted by duffarama
                You are right on the money Agent Dark.
                Channel 7 here in Australia has the best Sci-Fi shows but they just consider them as jaffa excrement.

*sigh* Well, Stargate started off at 7:30 pm on 7...then 8:30....then 9:30....THEN 10:30....oh, and then 11:30...are we up to midnight and 12:30? I hate reality shows! Especially...."dancing with the stars"

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

They put it on Friday nights over here on the scifi channel in the states. go figure. thankfully I have a DVR to record it.
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

I *hate* Aussie free-to-air networks. They promote piracy.
                    However, FOX8 on Austar and Foxtel have been airing Firefly at 8:30 on...some night, I forget which. They've been airing it one episode per week since the BDM opened.

Comment

Just thought I'd update this thread with some links, 'cause I likes me some links!

SerenityMovie.org - the Unofficial Official Serenity forum and news website
                      Serenity Oz - the official Australian Serenity forum and website
                      FireflyFans.net - the biggest Firefly fansite
                      The Signal - the first ever Firefly and Serenity podcast
                      Firefly Talk - the second ever Firefly and Serentiy podcast
                      The R. Tam Sessions - a viral marketing video series starring Summer Glau as River, written and directed by Joss Whedon. Important note; these videos are part of the Firefly/Serenity canon, so watch 'em if you wanna be up to date!
                      Whedonesque.com - a webblog about everything Joss Whedon and Whedonverse
                      Josscentricality - a podcast all about Joss Whedon and stuff
                      Can't Stop the Serenity - Organising screenings of Serenity across the US to raise money for charity
                      Big Damn Commentaries - a clearinghouse of fan-created commentaries for episodes of Firefly, the Big Damn Movie, and the R. Tam Sessions.
                      Last edited by White Knight; 15 March 2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

www.starfury.co.uk - Serenity conventions in London and Glasgow in 2006

Madeleine

Comment

o please please please please please please please please can i go. i never get to go to cons
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I want to go
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I want MORE serentity dagnamnit!!!! Stupid gippy bast.ards!
                              Vows are spoken
                              To be broken
                              Feelings are intense
                              Words are trivial
                              Pleasures remain
                              So does the pain
                              Words are meaningless
                              And forgettable

All I ever wanted
                              All I ever needed
                              Is here in my arms
                              Words are very unnecessary
                              They can only do harm

Comment

Does anyone know if there's any sort of Firefly/Serenity music video listing? I have some I'd like to share and I'd really like to see works by others!!

Comment

Working...
                                X