No announcement yet.

NCIS Los Angeles Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm really enjoying this new series.... yea, i agree, it's not on par for NCIS's first season, but it's not half-bad.... tho i didn't like how they started that Vance storyline in LA and then finished it in DC... a lot of ppl who watch DC but not LA were reallly confused by some points.... but i do like the crossover stories that they'd done so far....
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

I stopped watching a couple episodes in (it's just not enjoyable like NCISC) but do we ever find out why Macy (the former head of NCIS:LA) is no longer there? She was a great character and I was disappointed to find her gone when LA premiered.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hetty mentioned her in an episode just recently, but I don't think they said exactly why she left. Although from an outside perspective I think I read something about the character not testing well with audiences.

I'm still watching. I'm not as hooked on it as I am the original, but it's growing on me. I think they've been developing Kensi and Hetty more, and that's good. And I do enjoy the friendship between Callen and Sam, even though I'm still not overly excited about the Callen character in general.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

I dislike Hetty, Callen and the darkhaired chick that doesn't ever seem to do anything except stand there and be eye candy. Sam I do like but he can't hold the show for me.

I keep hoping Macy will turn up in NCISC dating Gibbs. . . LOL!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

That would be Kensi, and she gets better. Well, IMO anyway. I agree that she was a little annoying in the first few episodes but I have felt recently that they've been working on making her a stronger character. Same with Hetty - she was pretty much a caricature at first, but I think they've been doing better on that front recently as well.

I think it's still got room for improvement, and unfortunately I still think Chris O'Donnell's acting style is pretty bland, but I do get the sense that the writers are looking at what's working and what's not and trying to make things better.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

hetty gets too over played. it does get tiring

It's an enjoyable show, but when deadliest catch was on at hte same time, i turned over to that and caught ncis la on tape

so watchable but not 'omg,must not miss'
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                hetty gets too over played. it does get tiring

It's an enjoyable show, but when deadliest catch was on at hte same time, i turned over to that and caught ncis la on tape

so watchable but not 'omg,must not miss'

Totally agree!

Tonight episode was a good Christmas show this week, and Hetty voice has to ruin a great ending Just let the music play!
                Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                sigpic
                Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Hmm... caught last night's ep about it and... I dunno what to think. I thought the storyline was interesting and I didn't quite get the defeatist attitude of the team until I read the (spoilery) blurb from Ausiello Files which kinda put a crimp in things for me, to be honest.

On the one hand I'm all for "shaking things up" but on the other I can't help feeling that if they REALLY wanted to stir the pot they would have picked someone who is a lot more central to the stories. That's an old, tired rant, though; NCISLA is far from the only show to pick off the safest/least productive character in order to streamline things or bump up ratings. In fact that's almost ALWAYS what happens. That doesn't make it any less disappointing to see, though.

Comment

Does anyone happen to know what song was playing during the preview of the next ep. after tonight's?

Comment

Next week looks insane!

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Cross-posting this from the NCIS regular thread:

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                        That last one it seemed to me the episode only added more questions about Vance than answered anything.

ETA: @ Dr Lee, you wouldn't happen to have a preview of the next ep. of NCIS LA would you?
                        For the video promo for NCIS LA S1E15 The Bank Job, check out this link.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

The latest episode, 1X15, the Bank Job.

Spoiler:
                          I thought this was a cool episode. NCIS LA is really growing on me, and I was even more looking forward to LA this week than to the regular NCIS, which was still better though. However, I was absolutely fooled by Kensi getting shot. I thought it was for real. Nothing in the episode was what it seemed. I do still think the casting of Linda Hunt as Hetty wasn't exactly the greatest addition to the show. I'm rather disappointed they got rid of Macy.

Any news for the next episode? Is it scheduled for next week?
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

No it's not on next week. Probably won't be back until after the Olympics. Not sure how long the Olympics last either.
                            Spoiler:
                            About halfway into the episode I started to think Kensi being shot was faked but then I wasn't sure. Then Sam got shot and I was thinking it was getting a bit ridiculous. Not to say I didn't like the episode though. I liked the little insight into Kensi's past.

Comment

i think the olympics last about 10 days
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I love NCIS LA.

That is all.

No, wait!

I love Callen too.

Comment

Working...
                                X