No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I watched this week's episode. I need to go back and watch what I've missed. IDK if I'd like the show, but I was pleasantly surprised last night when I watched it.
    sigpic

Comment

My wife and I both really like how this show is developing. IMO, the before and now scenes are a great way to tell this story. We really hope this show continues to do well.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm still having trouble with Charlie.

At the start:
        "I'm responsible for Danny, but I like to do risky things that could endanger him due to his condition. When I get called on it I have to go off and sulk, just before the militia arrives, so now I feel guilty about my dad being killed and Danny being taken hostage because I wasn't there."

We are supposed to believe that Charlie is "growing" in this show, becoming more responsible and protective of others, and yet we have not seen anything of this kind of growth in the first two episodes. If this is so, why does she abandon her companions at the drop of a hat? She is the only tracker/hunter of the starting group of three, and yet she leaves them on their own about once an episode to make their way through fairly rough terrain which could hold unknown dangers.

She is pretty good at being outraged at the thought of slavery, so she isn't all bad I suppose. I wonder how she'd feel if she saw Aaron (Google guy) and Maggie had been captured and forced to join that forced labor gang because they didn't have a proper tracker/guide?

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          We are supposed to believe that Charlie is "growing" in this show, becoming more responsible and protective of others, and yet we have not seen anything of this kind of growth in the first two episodes.
          Episode three is where I saw character growth. I hope it continues, since there's lots of room for improvement.

Comment

charlie is by far the worst character. insufferably flippyfloppy.
            show is following the typical storylines so far. waiting for it to turn into something interesting.

Comment

Well, I've watched 3 episodes and....nothing, still haven't enjoyed it. Reminds me a bit of 'Waterworld' ,where reluctant loner hero is drawn into fighting a group that brutally terrorises those who are left into submission after society collapses. In this case it isn't land they are trying to find but the key to bring back the means to use electricity again.

If there is one thing that is putting me off completely is listening to the righteous whining of that girl every five minutes it seems. I don't think a character has annoyed me so much in a long time, things are so much better when she's not around. Would have been better if she was taken and her brother was on the quest to get her back, he is a much better character! If she is killed by a militia sniper, or even by a pack of feral cats I won't miss that character!

If nothing turns up to wow me in the next two or three episodes I'll stop using the wonderful power of electricity to watch this!

Comment

Why is everyone hard on Charlie? She's a lot like Daniel Jackson. She's a moral center.

Is it because she's young and a girl? Do people not like being preached to by young girls?

I love seeing young characters get their beliefs challenged, compared, and contrasted against a brutal world.

Anyway. I'm loving it.

Comment

daniel jackson wasn't insufferable. insufferable characters are annoying and make stupid decisions because they're stupid. daniel jackson was a smart person who did things because he was smart AND moral.

also, this girl grew up in this world. she didn't just appear in it and now has to live in it. she should know exactly how the world acts. she should be finding out anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                    daniel jackson wasn't insufferable. insufferable characters are annoying and make stupid decisions because they're stupid. daniel jackson was a smart person who did things because he was smart AND moral.

also, this girl grew up in this world. she didn't just appear in it and now has to live in it. she should know exactly how the world acts. she should be finding out anything.
                    She is also very young and has a lot to learn to understand. Just because she grew up in it, doesn't mean she understands how everything works. That comes with time and experiences. Her world has been turned upside down with
                    Spoiler:
                    the death of her father, her brother being kidnapped...all her security is gone... and now with tonight's episode...she's lost even more...

Doesn't make her stupid...makes her emotional and reactive, things not all that uncommon for teenagers/young adults.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I want to know why the hell they are using muskets?, I have spoken to a gun nut friend and read into this and you can make bullets without the use of modern machinery and also you can make more efficient guns and ammo like used at the turn of last century, I honestly think they are going a revolutionary war look with the muskets but it still detracts from reality too much for a show that is meant to be ground into our world and especially since it is meant to be America where there is meant to be more ammunition than people.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great episode tonight, I was really surprised by this. The guy who lost his daughter not so much, but it was good seeing the characters together and we even got to see more backstory stuff.

I'm not sure if the producers ever said they consulted experts on this. But without more information about how to make bullets without modern machinery, then I still buy the muskets usage.

At the very least, maybe Monroe is hoarding the modern bullets and weaponry and letting his soldiers use the more basic and crude stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by spratty View Post
                          I want to know why the hell they are using muskets?, I have spoken to a gun nut friend and read into this and you can make bullets without the use of modern machinery and also you can make more efficient guns and ammo like used at the turn of last century, I honestly think they are going a revolutionary war look with the muskets but it still detracts from reality too much for a show that is meant to be ground into our world and especially since it is meant to be America where there is meant to be more ammunition than people.
                          I figured you needed foundries and factories to produce the brass shells. I wouldn't know, though.

Comment

I've been watching the show. I don't love it but I don't hate it either, I think it is an interesting concept. The power goes out, how we adapt and all that.
                            but, you could still make bullets ( if you've seen Falling Skies you know that they were making bullets without electricity too) and considering how many people died in the blackout, it wouldn't be that hard to find the more modern weapons.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode and I think it is the best episode since well ever. The flashbacks were wisley put and gives us a good background about the world shortly after the blackout happened ! hope it improves more !
                              sigpic

Comment

Its still holding my interest. I'm starting to see it as sortta Hunger Games-esque...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X