• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tao of Rodney (314)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 314

After an Ancient device gives Rodney superhuman powers, his enhanced brilliance is checked only by his impending death -- unless he can learn how to ascend.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:46 PM.

Hi All -

Just watched Tao of Rodney. A much better outing that last weeks irresponsible. Here in the land of mucklucks and poutine, the episode aired on Movie Central despite saying it would be a rerun.

The episode was good - better than last week. Rodney was in true form, and the story was not at all like the spoilers we've seen previously.

Good stuff - they explore the city, and a problem with turned on tech ensues.

Really good stuff - instead on focusing on the technobable, it's a story about your journey in life and closure... and how some find it. Rodney's journey is surprisingly touching.

The ending was... albeit a bit trekie... touching.

I enjoyed it. The shark does not seem to be circling this week's episode.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Sounds good. McKay is my favourite character so i cant wait to see the episode tomorrow.

Comment

Here is the episode description I gave in the other thread. There are spoilers for the whole episode here, so read at your own risk!

Spoiler:
        Rodney get's himself zapped my an ancient "forced acsension" device that gives him super powers akin to the Ancients. It's not all good news though, as the team soon discovers that if Rodney doesn't ascend, his brain will shut down completely after a period of time.

Best parts:
        -Rodney uses his telekenesis to move Beckett around the jumper bay so he can prove he's all powerful. Beckett is less than pleased.

When he learns he's going to die, he attempts to make peace with his friends and with himself so that he might be able to ascend. In turn, we get:
        -a heartfelt apology to Zelenka (break out the kleenex!)
        - hugs Ronon and takes his Wraith scars away
        -shares an Athosian tea ceremony with Teyla

Tonnes of Rodney/John moments. This episode will be a dream come true to all the McShep slashers out there.
        -John tries to teach Rodney how to meditate and reach a state of calm based on what he learned when stuck in the Cloister in Season 2. This scene was very amusing, as John tried to get Rodney to imagine himself sitting on a Ferris Wheel...etc...blue skies and peace. All the while, John is flipping through a magazine. LOL

I really enjoyed this episode. It showed us a side of Rodney that we haven't quite seen before, and it had a lot of scenes with character development and team interaction. There was even an admission of familial love at the end of the episode.

In the end, Rodney saves himself at the last possible minute...and then teases Elizabeth about how much she "loves" him.

Very cute. ****

Comment

Thanks so much for the spoilers! Sounds like a good ep! Do they show previews for next week by chance or is that something that only Sci Fi does? I'm a bit bummed that Sunday didn't air, but very happy that at least it wasn't a rerun!
          Thanks again for all the wonderful tidbits!
          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
            Thanks so much for the spoilers! Sounds like a good ep! Do they show previews for next week by chance or is that something that only Sci Fi does? I'm a bit bummed that Sunday didn't air, but very happy that at least it wasn't a rerun!
            Thanks again for all the wonderful tidbits!
            No, Movie Central doesn't give us "preview" spots....unfortunately. Those would be nice to have! Hopefully we'll get Sunday next week. According to the offical email sent a few weeks back, we're due one more new epsiode before the Holiday break. *crosses fingers* I honestly never know what is going to be on until is actually airs...and you're welcome for spoilers. I the worst at writing up episode summaries, but I try!

Comment

Yes, thank you! And you do a great job at spoilers! I'm happy for anything!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nearfantastica View Post
                No, Movie Central doesn't give us "preview" spots....unfortunately. Those would be nice to have! Hopefully we'll get Sunday next week. According to the offical email sent a few weeks back, we're due one more new epsiode before the Holiday break. *crosses fingers* I honestly never know what is going to be on until is actually airs...and you're welcome for spoilers. I the worst at writing up episode summaries, but I try!

Thanks for letting me know! And I love your summaries! Thanks so much again for taking the time to do that!
                My understanding is that there is one more new ep next week and then a three week hiatus before new eps resume. Three weeks isn't too bad though! I'm crossing my fingers for Sunday next week as well! Thanks again!
                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

I'm doing what I can not read this thread in detail, but wasn't "Sunday" the episode that was supposed to be aired?

sigpic

Comment

The airing order is not really confirmed until the episodes air.

Comment

So we can expect the UK and US to get the same?

sigpic

Comment

probably, usually they air in the same order everywhere (doesnt make sense if part of the story is out)

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          So we can expect the UK and US to get the same?
                          Yep, as the rumoured reason for the switch is...

Spoiler:
                          Carson is killed off/disappears in 'Sunday' but the actor, Paul McGillion, talked about being in at least Toa and The Ark, so it wouldn't have made sense to air 'Sunday' first...

I believe someone posted that 'Sunday' will air as ep 17/18 on one of the assicoated rumour threads, so after Xmas in Canada as next week is the last ep before it returns in the New Year.

Comment

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/3.jpg

Weir - I need a vacation

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/2.jpg

Rodney - That tickles

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/4.jpg

Rodney - Its time to use the force

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/5.jpg

Carson - Damn you Darth Rodney

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/6.jpg

Rodney - You better apologize for calling me Darth

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/1.jpg

Ronon - Welcome back buddy
                            Last edited by Darren; 12 December 2006, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I have no words for this. Embarrassed to say I actually cried.

*wipes eyes*

It was just. There wasn't a single moment I didn't love. I cannot believe they made an ep like this. The only thing that would have improved it would be to have more Teyla.

And now it's finally true: Rodney McKay can heal puppies with his brain!

Comment

Working...
                              X