No announcement yet.

The Light (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was this the fourth house that Daniel has lived in? I liked this house the best, better than the FiaD home. I just can't see Daniel collecting swords. Of course, I'm not sure I can visualize him playing the piano, either.

Anyway, I liked the episode showing how much Jack cares for Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle

Anyway, I liked the episode showing how much Jack cares for Daniel.
      I like this episode very much. The story was maybe not perfect but IMO interesting enough. The special effects for the light-matrix were some of the most beautifull things I had ever seen in this show. And I´m still a big fan of the friendship between Jack and Daniel. It was nice to see an episode in which this friendship had a important role.

Comment

You gotta feel bad for our Danny boy. He's clean as a whistle--barring the whole aliens-built-the-pyramids thing--up until his starts skipping through the 'Gate. Then he's stuffed into sarcophagus's, closed inside palace lava-lamp opium dens and driven crazy by all sorts of other vexing little problems. He really IS having no luck.

But I really did like this episode. I also liked seeing Jack's concern for Daniel and Daniel's trusting Jack and then that whole death thing and running him through the 'Gate! That one had me on my toes with anguish. Poor, poor Daniel.
        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          It was an interesting one-off episode, I'd liked to know what happened to the kid they found, he seems to have fallen into the same plothole that Nyan from "New Ground" fell into
          Not this kid. I betcha they were able to find where his home planet was and send him home to whatever family he had left, there. There's a good chance that kind of information was in his parent's things. And if he's home, there's not much need for continuing plots surrounding him. Nyan, on the other hand, has no home to go to--that's the whole point.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Don't know why exactly, but this is one of my favs. The suspense was palpable when Daniel was on the balcony, even though you knew he wasn't going to die-very touching scene with Jack. Jack and Sam fighting was hilarious, and the light effect was awesome. Something about the Goa'uld having the munchies is just fun to think about.....

And haven't you people been paying attention, Nyan got a new name and went to Atlantis!
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
              And haven't you people been paying attention, Nyan got a new name and went to Atlantis!
              really? who is he?
              YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kelmah
                really? who is he?
                In the Atlantis ep, The Defiant One, he's the scientist (can't remember his name, sorry) that gets attacked by Wraith and talks to McKay about wanting to be out there. Looks really old for awhile. Too bad he didn't have the healing device from when he was Nyan.
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                  Something about the Goa'uld having the munchies is just fun to think about.....
                  I agree with you! Somehow I always thought that the Goa'uld found power intoxicating enough not to need drug-induced influences on their metabolism. Other than the occasional trip to the rejuvenating sarcophagus, of course.

Comment

Dang peer pressure. Makes you do bad stuff. Like light.

Good ep. The Jack and Daniel relationship was very good.

Comment

it was OK episode. Love the actor who play the child, he was wonderful

Comment

The 'drug-like' effects of the device were not like marijuana, and so no munchies would occur. Definitely more like an opiate, possibly a bit of an upper, and maybe a bit of a true psychedelic (to make looking at the pretty lights really fun).

This was an okay episode. Standard filler, nothing too special about it. However, the kid in it looks a WHOLE lot like my ex bf which was a bit unsettling. He was a decent actor, though, I thought. Overall, the ep did have some poignant emotional moments, redeeming it somewhat.

I have to agree that the SFX team did a great job on the light and the palace. I was quite impressed. I'd love to have digs like that...

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what language that was on the pillars... anyone know?
                          Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
                          The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
                          I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Comment

I wanted to know why the team & Hammond didn't suspect something had happened to Daniel, just as Lt. Barber, once Daniel stated acting weird, shortly after he came back.

Comment

Why did SG1 ask for supplies when the boy had obviously been living off something since his parents had died? Apart from that this was pretty good,I could have watched the light all day as well, the special effects were good.
                              The boy was excellent and interacted well with the others. And a happy ending aahhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
                                Why did SG1 ask for supplies when the boy had obviously been living off something since his parents had died?
                                After the pre-nuptial pastry incident that led to Jack aging in Brief Candle, he said, "From now on we stick to rations."

Comment

Working...
                                X