No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hope not. They can't keep bringing Hydra back as a source for every single earth-based villain.
    sigpic

Comment

Fininshed now and i gotta say...... I LOVED JESSICA JONES!!! maybe even abit more than Daredevil

Want season 2 now
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        I'd hope not. They can't keep bringing Hydra back as a source for every single earth-based villain.
        Best tell the shield writers that then lol

Comment

Up to episode 4 now, enjoying it.

Comment

Finished it, bloody good series!

Comment

Only 2 more episodes, can't wait to finish up tonight!

Comment

Finished the series last night , loved it!

Comment

After watching the whole thing I think I liked Daredevil better. It was not a bad show but I found Jessica Jones get repetitive and lost direction a few times
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    After watching the whole thing I think I liked Daredevil better. It was not a bad show but I found Jessica Jones get repetitive and lost direction a few times
                    Basically. I still think both seasons could have been trimmed by three episodes worth of content.

But hey, they are still good. I too like Daredevil more...it really spoiled us on fighting scenes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Daredevil is a more traditional hero. He has a heart of gold and a conscious the size of the city itself.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Bloody loved this. One of my favourite Marvel offerings yet!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I just watched the pilot since I heard it was similar to Daredevil. Which I loved!

And honestly I didn't really like it that much. This show might be just dark for me (especially ending damn). I think it was because Daredevil had more of a mafia feel to it, so most of the people that get beat up deserve it lol. And there is a good balance between that and non-dark scenes, even some comical scenes. Also Matt has and I assume will continue to have a life outside of being Daredevil Jessica sort of just is herself no matter what she is doing.

This episode, I totally got a Veronica Mars feel. Which isn't a bad thing, since I liked that show. The writing was very good, as was the acting. And there was clearly a personal story, that was going to be in your face the whole time. I liked the stuff with Luke, who looked like Mack from Agents of Shield, but maybe that was just me.

I think some of what be influencing my opinion is the fact is that I hate mind control stories. I for some reason can't stand when a character isn't in control of themselves. And obviously that is going to be a recurring theme with this show. Also the whole thing with him controlling people, is almost two real. As a social worker, I have heard horrible stories about human trafficking, which they are betraying here. I do like that it deals with real issues, but sometimes it is good to have an escape from it. Daredevil provide both .

I'm not sure if I will continue watching the rest of the show. I know I can't judge it fairly after one episode. But I'm not sure if I'll enjoy watching it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jessica Jones renewed for season 2
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

A move that surprises no one
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X