No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its more dark than bloody, I picked up on that tbh in the trailers.

I look forward to watching this series eventually...

Comment

Oh, most definitely. Even if the show had no violence at all, its stories and themes are dark enough that it would almost certainly earn an R/TV-MA/"mature" rating anyway.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

To be honest, the Sex scenes are no worse than what comes on a Telenovela at 8PM. The only difference is that they lack the "romantic passion" of a soap opera. Candles, slow movements, over dramatic scenery. Honestly, I don't see anything R rated in Jessica Jones. Certainly not PG. Which makes me wonder, how can Univision and Telemundo get away with that stuff?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Yay, it appears Netflix want to give me a free trail, Ill happily take that to watch Jessica Jones this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            To be honest, the Sex scenes are no worse than what comes on a Telenovela at 8PM. The only difference is that they lack the "romantic passion" of a soap opera. Candles, slow movements, over dramatic scenery. Honestly, I don't see anything R rated in Jessica Jones. Certainly not PG. Which makes me wonder, how can Univision and Telemundo get away with that stuff?
            You're right, but there are mentions of a LOT darker motives and actions.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
              You're right, but there are mentions of a LOT darker motives and actions.
              Dark motives and themes making it R rated says a lot about the quality of the show. Doesn't need gratuitous nudity, sex, or violence to make it adult.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

^ That is what I was getting at when I said earlier that even with no gore, the show would still rank an R (or TV-MA, depending on where you are).
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So I remember a scene where Jessica placed the date of the "bus accident" into a computer at a hospital, it was January 2015. I forgot how long it was between that and episode 1...I kinda want to know when this show and Daredevil are supposed to take place....
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    So I remember a scene where Jessica placed the date of the "bus accident" into a computer at a hospital, it was January 2015. I forgot how long it was between that and episode 1...I kinda want to know when this show and Daredevil are supposed to take place....
                    It's not solidly nailed down. The date of the bus accident was Jan 20 2014, and the firmest dating we get for current events is that that happened 'like a year ago.'

Factoring in:
                    - the Jan 20 2014 date being approximately a year prior
                    - the first few episodes of JJ had snow on the ground
                    - while the later ones featured people outside comfortably in longsleeve shirts
                    - Josie's Bar in Daredevil had been owned by her since at least 2010
                    - Luke's bar in JJ is the same bar as Josie's, meaning he has taken over since we last saw it in Daredevil
                    - certain references in episode 13 referring to Daredevil
                    - references to the Battle of New York (Avengers 1)
                    - 0 mentions of Sokovia, or the Sokovia Accords (Avengers 2 / Civil War)

I'm placing JJ season 1 in the late winter/early spring of 2015, closely following or else immediately after Daredevil season 1. Admittedly it's not completely clear, but it's the best I can come up with on the information we have.

One of the 'guides' in my sig is how I've interpreted the timeline of events in the MCU to date. (Hover mouse over many of the cells in the episode title column to see which part of that episode/film it's referring to)

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      It's not solidly nailed down. The date of the bus accident was Jan 20 2014, and the firmest dating we get for current events is that that happened 'like a year ago.'

Factoring in:
                      - the Jan 20 2014 date being approximately a year prior
                      - the first few episodes of JJ had snow on the ground
                      - while the later ones featured people outside comfortably in longsleeve shirts
                      - Josie's Bar in Daredevil had been owned by her since at least 2010
                      - Luke's bar in JJ is the same bar as Josie's, meaning he has taken over since we last saw it in Daredevil
                      - certain references in episode 13 referring to Daredevil
                      - references to the Battle of New York (Avengers 1)
                      - 0 mentions of Sokovia, or the Sokovia Accords (Avengers 2 / Civil War)

I'm placing JJ season 1 in the late winter/early spring of 2015, closely following or else immediately after Daredevil season 1. Admittedly it's not completely clear, but it's the best I can come up with on the information we have.

One of the 'guides' in my sig is how I've interpreted the timeline of events in the MCU to date. (Hover mouse over many of the cells in the episode title column to see which part of that episode/film it's referring to)
                      OK now I remember, yeah the date said 2014, I guessed the setting to be early 2015. Probably closer to spring given the weather change. Before Sokovia and Ant-Man and during or before the Inhuman fish pill outbreak. All of that was in my mind but I wasn't sure. And um....did you work alone on your spread sheet?
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Yup

It's really not as much work as it looks like. Taking 30s to add a row here or there when a scene happens in a 42 minute episode / 2h movie, mostly it's just fill-in-the-blanks, once the table is in place

Comment

I don't like making spread sheets >.>

I read somewhere that there is a newspaper in episode 8 of Daredevil with a date in September...Can't remember where exactly.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I've just watching episode 3 in the just watch one more mode now

Comment

Originally posted by linux geek View Post
                              I've just watching episode 3 in the just watch one more mode now

You must resist! The faster you watch, the stronger the showhole gets.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

I feel dirty, like I've cheated at a game or something watching an entire series inside a week is a bit different to once a wee for 3 months), watched two or three episodes a night and got through it in a few days, quiet good, especially the doctor playing evil, felt very bookended though, as if this is the one series that won't get a second go.

Nice to see Marvel a bit less kid-like though.

About the policeman (spoilers for about ep10+)
                                Spoiler:
                                wonder who he works for, hydra?

Comment

Working...
                                X