No announcement yet.

Disappointed in Farscape so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The character itself could have been great but the way it was done, I just found to be a little dull, occasionally annoying and up herself.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, love Zhaan or hate her, what you've described is just what the show needed. She was a spot of blue calm amidst the insanity. Even when she was being an anarchist, she was cool. One of my favorite moments is the rattling of that cool in the episode where she's an undercover mob boss and the vault slides out at her. Luv that reaction.
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I've recently bought Farscape on blu ray and re-watching all the episodes, becoming obsessed with it again. I loved the show when it first aired and I still love it.

I really liked the first season because of the way Crichton is so lost and haven't got a clue what's going on, it's good seeing his character develop throughout the seasons.

Interesting thread, I've enjoyed reading through all the pages and glad to see TennisMennis stuck with it and ended up liking Farscape
        @W00DBINE

Comment

Originally posted by Drunky View Post
          I've recently bought Farscape on blu ray and re-watching all the episodes, becoming obsessed with it again. I loved the show when it first aired and I still love it.

I really liked the first season because of the way Crichton is so lost and haven't got a clue what's going on, it's good seeing his character develop throughout the seasons.

Interesting thread, I've enjoyed reading through all the pages and glad to see TennisMennis stuck with it and ended up liking Farscape
          Good to see new people on GW who are likewise obsessed *ahem* have a passing fancy with Farscape.

Comment

After searching for a farscape forum, I came across GW. It is good to see it's still being discussed even after all these years.

Stargate and Farscape are 2 of my all time favourite sci fi shows
            @W00DBINE

Comment

Just curious... am I the only one who prefers Farscape seasons 1-2 to seasons 3-5?

Comment

I prefer 2-4 myself (5 too if you're counting the movie as Season 5). I love Scorpious, Critchton's crazyness and the intensity and trust in his and Aeryn's relationship.

Comment

I like and dislike parts of all the seasons. S4 starts out slow and so-so, but the last 6 eps among the best of the series and I have watched many many times.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    How can someone not love Zhaan? She is the best
                    Zhaan kind of reached the end of her character arc and became dull to be honest. Her leaving was actually for the best.
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

I loved Zhaan but I never did like the woman who could climb walls. Handy ability to have, but she was soooo annoying. And I'm glad Chiana lost the weird intonation she had in the beginning that made every sentence sound like a question.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
                        Zhaan kind of reached the end of her character arc and became dull to be honest. Her leaving was actually for the best.
                        I liked season 1 Zhaan, but I agree by the time she was gone, I was tired of her. But there were times in the latter seasons where I could see her calming infuence would have been helpful.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        I loved Zhaan but I never did like the woman who could climb walls. Handy ability to have, but she was soooo annoying.
                        Sikozu - and yeah, my least favorite main character. I would have preferred Jool to stick around instead of adding her.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I am currently watching Farscape after all these years, still on disk 5 of season 1. I am glad to hear it gets better!

Comment

It took me a lonnnng time to go back and pick season one back up. But once I did, this series inspired me to watch it over and over again (although, I admit to usually starting my rewatches with season 2 unless I'm introducing the series to a newbie).

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              I liked season 1 Zhaan, but I agree by the time she was gone, I was tired of her. But there were times in the latter seasons where I could see her calming infuence would have been helpful.

Sikozu - and yeah, my least favorite main character. I would have preferred Jool to stick around instead of adding her.
                              Agreed 100% about Sikozu vs. Jool. But I HATED what the makeup artists did to both characters in the movie. I'm fine with Sikozu's different style hair but her double (triple?) eyelids were gone. As to Jool, I was okay that she went cave woman, but her hairline defined her race and it seemed as if the new makeup artists didn't use the same measurements to figure out where to place it. It's not as if they didn't have pictures they could have looked at to recreate the length and start of the points.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                                I couldn't get through the first season. Eventually, I came back to it. You're right at the point where it becomes REALLY good. Hang in there, you won't regret it.
                                I just finished episode 6 and was going to quit. I came here to rant about my disappointment but my iPhone keeps deleting my messages before I can post.

Put simply, great sets & VFX - love the puppets and Simcoe & Hey do their roles well. However, the stories are unoriginal and Browder & Black couldn't act their way out of a wet brown paper bag. She is completely wooden & he acts like he is about to fall asleep.

I saw your post to stick with it, Romona, and I don't know why but I feel compelled to obey.

It won't be easy though.

Can someone explain why in episode 6 the writers felt that Critchon should spend more time refusing to explain the situation to Sun rather than just tell her "vegetable is a mind control drug, the other two are infected but I have a plan to save them"?
                                Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 30 September 2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X