Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    Just a comment on handguns.

I'm an expert shot with a rifle (not being self important, I have the certificates to prove it). I have trouble hitting the board side of a barn with a handgun and I know how to shoot them. They are hard weapons to be accurate with and require a fair bit of training to understand. Even when you do know where your hand goes and that you are supposed to pull a trigger.

Question. Did anyone see Greg flip a safety? Was this thing supposedly stored with the safety off?
    I'm pretty sure he must have knocked the safety off when he threw it down (he grabbed it, but when he threw it down he might have flipped it)

If not, well... The handguns aren't made for "safety" when in hostile territory. If they pull out their sidearms, it's probably because they NEED to, due to the P90 being empty of broken. So they need quick reaction time (every split second counts against the Wraith)
    Enter my game site...

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the Wraith found the shield button in the Puddle Jumper something that has never been shown before and at the very end there was hardly any mention made of it ???? Hope they come back in another episode and sort out the eventual exploration of the giant weapons platform!

Comment

Umm, Sheppard says at the end "You can drive", "assuming you can lower the shield."

The shield wasn't lowered during all of that time..
        Enter my game site...

Comment

Must be a small solar system. 15h with a PJ, and I believe they said that the planet was on the other side of the solar system. so the solar system must be around 7.5 lighthours in radius... "big"

Comment

Where was it established that Puddle Jumpers travel at light speed when they are not passing through a stargate? I'm not always great at picking up minute details.

Comment

I'm getting really sick of my threads constantly being closed down.

I'll be watching this episode tonight.

On a scale of 1-10 how good was it?

Comment

Good episode. Poor Nyan. I too wish it could have really been Nyan. It would have been a nice way of clearing up what he's been doing since season 3. Then there's Rasta Wraith (nice dreadlocks buddy). I like Shep and McKay's interaction. Those two play well off of each other. Oh and Ford looks nice in the no sleeves t-shirt. I wasn't expecting the Prodigy bugs and I kept expecting them to start turning pyscho. I liked the energy bar scene a lot. They were like pigeons at the park. I love Shep's "You've got to be kidding me" after Rasta Wraith got back up after being practically blown up.
                Last edited by Shipperahoy; 16 November 2004, 10:39 AM.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Good episode, i dont understand though, how come all the things didnt kill him
                  As we've seen, sometimes hlaf of p90 is enough, well for this time i dont get it
                  "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Because he had something to eat before he got shot therefore he’s body regenerated quickly now you know what ancients were up against.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Blueicus
                      Where was it established that Puddle Jumpers travel at light speed when they are not passing through a stargate? I'm not always great at picking up minute details.
                      My fault, if the galaxy is 15h wide, then it should be 7.5 lighthours at most. 0.5c is about max you can do without frelling up the time-relativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                        Because he had something to eat before he got shot therefore he’s body regenerated quickly now you know what ancients were up against.
                        Yeah, but i had a feeling he was quiet tired though
                        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I don't think the Ancients problem were the Wraiths regenerative powers, I doubt the Ancients did much ground combat. Most of it was probably in space.

Comment

great ep. could've had more infos on that satelite thingy. gotta love huge floating advanced weapon stations in space.

had the feeling the producers were trying to underline kay's and shep's ability to kick ass and keep their cool if the situation affords it, considering we just had the two parter which was pretty much about the same thing.

but cool very cool (even better with more ancient techy stuff)
                            You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

OK, firstly I want to state this, and I'll bold it to make sure people do see it

The bugs were not the same ones from Prodigy

A) They were clearly smaller.
                              B) You could see a fly-like centre in their glow.
                              C) They exerted no properties the same as the Prodigy bugs, save floating and glowing.

Our Wraith, "Greg" (I prefere Clive ), was able to crush them. Prodigy beings would have went through his hand.

Also, I loved when Nyan shot himself... I hope that doesn't sound odd. The way it was shot, and McKay's reaction. It just reaffirmed my belief that David Hewlett is the greatest actor of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                                Also, I loved when Nyan shot himself... I hope that doesn't sound odd. The way it was shot, and McKay's reaction. It just reaffirmed my belief that David Hewlett is the greatest actor of all time.
                                I agree with you there, Sheppard and McKay did an absolutely fantastic job this episode. I think the team is starting to gel together very well in the first season. This episode would have to be one of my favourites so far this year.
                                "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Working...
                                X