• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really cool idea
    "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Wow I just noticed this on the homepage.

I'm so looking forward to rewatching! I haven't sat down and watched Stargate in AGES, been preoccupied with newer sci-fi shows . I have never made an effort to watch all 10 seasons in order...

I can't wait to participate and see the discussions between fans after each episode!

*hugs Darren* Fantastic idea!!

I might try my hand at making some art for this too, though I'm still quite inexperienced with it..
      sigpic

Comment

I might make some art for this too, if i knew how to link it to the right place. i'm really not good at this
        sigpic

Comment

This will be intresting for sure. I'll join should I find the time..

Comment

Quick question: Shouldn't the re-watch start with the original movie? Also, which version of COTG?

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
              Quick question: Shouldn't the re-watch start with the original movie? Also, which version of COTG?
              Check Darren's original post.....#1.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                Check Darren's original post.....#1.
                I kind of see the first point as more of a suggestion rather than a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  For those talented graphic designers among us, we'd like to kick off the Stargate Rewatch preparations with a design contest!

Create your best banners, buttons, avatars, and other graphics that participants can use to promote the Rewatch around the Web, and post them here. Of course they are all up for grabs, but if we can get a bunch of them submitted we'll pick some of our favorites to feature on the main site.

So fire up Photoshop and get designing!
                  I can't wait to see what creativity unleashes!

Comment

The goal is to keep the Rewatch discretely to one season per month, and also to minimize confusion for the most casual participants. SG-1 has its own story, and Atlantis has its own story -- and although they were aired together, rarely do they actually intersect.

So, for example, since SG-1 Season Nine has an arc to it, it would be an interruption to break off from the Ori invasion to check in on what Sheppard's team is up to fighting the Wraith. Imagine watching the cliffhanger season finale "Camelot" and then popping over (for one episode, or for a full month!) to the Pegasus Galaxy to watch Sheppard and McKay try and stop Michael's hive ship in "No Man's Land." Interlacing episodes or seasons makes their respective stories dissonant.

So the plan is to watch SG-1's story, then Atlantis's story, then Destiny's story.
                    I wondered about why we weren't going to alternate them. But when I think about it -- this makes total sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nindif View Post
                      I cannot begin to express how much i am looking forward to this! It'll be like returning to my childhood!

Even though i'd give anything for an SGU Season 3, the Stargate Rewatch has me equally excited!

On a side note; will there be any mention or affiliation with the guys over at 'The Fifth Race' podcast?
                      The Two Geeks and a Mic podcast is talking about this too. Might be interesting to coordinate.

Comment

I am so excited about this rewatch! I've even gotten a couple of friends to join in -- we'll be glued to the TV every Friday night!

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                          I kind of see the first point as more of a suggestion rather than a question.
                          just saying......if he wanted to start with the movie, he would've said so. IMO, he's sticking with the tv series and movies produced by Brad Wright.

Comment

I've ordered seasons 2-4 of SG-1 on DVD.
                            As the videos I have for the seasons are gettin old and worn.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I'm going to recommend the original movie as a "Pre-Watch" the last week of July. The focus is mainly on the TV franchise.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'm going to recommend the original movie as a "Pre-Watch" the last week of July. The focus is mainly on the TV franchise.
                                That is a great idea. I'm sure I've got the DVD somewhere...
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X