• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, a rewatch, I'll join in too.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      When the rewatch begins, do we give opinions about the characters on an individual basis or do we give opinions about team performance episode by episode and then overall for each season?
      We'll kick off each season at the beginning of the month by inviting Rewatchers to nominate their favorite episode and character moments -- from that season, specifically. Just what those polls will be is in flux, and this is the time to submit nominations. But I'd like to keep them the same month-to-month, and also keep the number of polls down to about five or six.

Originally posted by Byakuya Truelight View Post
      I still think that you should include the original Stargate movie, The Ark of Truth, and Continuum, as well as overlap seasons 8-10 of SG-1 with seasons 1-3 of Atlantis. It would be much more thorough and show the story's continuity.
      It makes sense to include the movies. I'm thinking we start with interested movie viewers the last week of July, as a sort of Prewatch event. Then we can fit Ark of Truth in with Season Ten, and perhaps Continuum after SGA Season Five (for Sam's continuity).

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      The question for me is which version of 'Children of the Gods' do I watch. As I have several versions, including the 'Director's Cut'.
      Viewer's choice!

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      Will we have a poll to rate the episodes as was introduced for SGU's 'Cloverdale' onwards?
      Yep! We'll make sure to have polls for every episode, either on the main site and/or on the forum.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

For those talented graphic designers among us, we'd like to kick off the Stargate Rewatch preparations with a design contest!

Create your best banners, buttons, avatars, and other graphics that participants can use to promote the Rewatch around the Web, and post them here. Of course they are all up for grabs, but if we can get a bunch of them submitted we'll pick some of our favorites to feature on the main site.

So fire up Photoshop and get designing!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          [B]So fire up Photoshop and get designing!
          What about those of us with Gimp?

I am so in for the rewatch! What a great idea!!
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, for SG-1 Episode Favorites I'd like to nominate the following:

SG-1 Season 1: The Enemy Within - A seminal episode in illustrating the depth of Jack O'Neill's bond with the other personnel he has served with in the past (as personified by Kawalsky), and the bond he is building with the members of SG-1, his current command.

Cold Lazarus - An episode illustrating O'Neill's past and how it affects his present.

SG-1 Season 2: A Matter of Time - and no , not just because my current fanfic relates to it, but because it reveals two crucial elements of Jack O'Neill's mental/emotional makeup: 1) the genesis and depth of his commitment to the credo of "no one gets left behind" and 2) his experience as former POW from the Gulf War era, which obviously affects the rest of his life and his military career.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I can't wait for this. Like two others have said, I created an account here after a few years of just reading everything going on here at GateWorld just to participate in this Rewatch.

I am considering writing a blog with my reviews of episodes, as well as pointing out my favorite moments from the series.

Looking forward to getting to know you all in the next year and a half!

Comment

I actually think this is a great way for some of the newer fans to get involved. Count me in.
                Last edited by ufgator1977; 15 May 2011, 06:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What a wicked idea to get over the cancellation of our beloved franchise.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is going to be awesome, I can't wait. I showed this to a friend, and she's going to do the rewatch too.
                    The only thing is, I would really much rather that SG-1 and Atlantis overlap as they should.

It would also be really cool if GW could convince SyFy to air the episodes and movies for the rewatch. Five episodes per week means they could air one episode per weekday.

This would be a mutually beneficial (symbiotic, if you will) arrangement for SyFy and Gateworld. It would give SyFy good use of syndicated episodes, because they would have a spike of viewers from GW and people from GW who don't own the DVD's or subscribe to Netflix would have a way to watch it.

Comment

I've been debating on whether or not to post in this thread for the longest time, but now I can't hold back. I love this idea!!!! As long as the Netflix account is still activated, I'll definitely be doing this!!!!

Flibby: I would love to have Syfy do this as well, as a backup. Tho I would still be watching anyway
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        We'll kick off each season at the beginning of the month by inviting Rewatchers to nominate their favorite episode and character moments -- from that season, specifically. Just what those polls will be is in flux, and this is the time to submit nominations. But I'd like to keep them the same month-to-month, and also keep the number of polls down to about five or six.
                        You could bump/sticky these threads for each month:

Favorite Season 1 Episode
                        Favorite Season 2 Episode
                        Season 3 Ep
                        Season 4 Ep
                        Season 5
                        Season 6
                        Season 7
                        Season 8
                        Season 9
                        Couldn't find a S10 one that was single choice like these polls all are.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Hi chaddergate

*shakes hand* Good to meet you! It's true, eh - this'll have me around a lot more too! Should be fantastic.

Prof_S
                          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Count me in, I'll be gone for a bit of August but I'll try to keep up

Comment

Hey, this is great! I actually already started watching them - I'm on season 3. So maybe I'll scale back a bit while everyone catches up.

Comment

I'm new to the forums and new to Stargate. In fact the Stargate Rewatch is what brings me to both of them. I've been meaning to watch the series for a long time but it is a bit intimidating (much like I've been meaning to get into a bunch of different comics but I just can't figure out a good place to start that doesn't involve investing a lot of money in trades).

For the rewatch I'll be blogging about the five episodes over on the Geek Fights blog and participating in the forums here. I've even convinced our host to do a Best of Stargate episode to kick things off and a Best Stargate Episode episode to wrap things up (even though that's a year and a half away).

I hope there'll be a thread each week for those of us who are watching it for the first time to socialize.

-Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X