Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt. Jack's Timeline? (spoilers for all of Torchwood season 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capt. Jack's Timeline? (spoilers for all of Torchwood season 2)

I mentioned this on the Torchwood Episode Discussion thread, but since it really covers Dr Who as well perhaps it would be better in a thread of its own? (I couldn't see a recent Jack thread except for the thunk one.)

Can someone please explain Jack's timeline so far (i.e. up to the end of Torchwood season 2)? With particular reference to (a) when he acquired the name and the long coat and (b) the old lady in Torchwood season 1? Every time I try to figure it all out, I just get more and more confused! I'm sure that it doesn't work how I originally imagined it, anyway.

And just for fun, what is the greatest number of Jacks that have been on Earth at any one time?
    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Well the most Jacks in one time frame has to be WW2 as far as we know...

He was in Stasis in the Hub
    Was being a con man in the Blitz
    Lived through it after meeting the Doctor
    and Travelled back in time to WW2 in Captain Jack Harkness
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      Well the most Jacks in one time frame has to be WW2 as far as we know...

He was in Stasis in the Hub
      Was being a con man in the Blitz
      Lived through it after meeting the Doctor
      and Travelled back in time to WW2 in Captain Jack Harkness
      lol!!

well

born - ~51st century became a time agent,
      then left and hid in WW2 as a con man having taken the identity of a recently deceased USAF pilot (got coat, unless he had it in time agency)
      went around with the doctor and abandoned on satellite 5 (gained immortality)
      he used his vortex manipulator to travel back to 1869 then lived through to 2006 working for torchwood most of that time, also it was in this stint that he had the relationship with the lady from season 1 TW
      then in 2008 he was sent back in time to 27 bc/ad(cant remember?) and lived buried under cardiff
      until 1901, when torchwood found him, and froze him until 2008

say he was 40 on satellite 5 (assuming he had no futuristic cosmetic whatevers) he is now 2214 years old, minus the 105 years in cryostorage, making him 2109
      Last edited by AvatarIII; 09 April 2008, 08:52 AM.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Carpenter and Avatar. So when he lived all the way through the 20th century, working for Torchwood, he was already called Captain Jack Harkness before WW2 started, although the real Captain Jack Harkness hadn't gone missing yet. I think they'd better avoid that period if they make any more series of Torchwood!
        Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post
          Thanks, Carpenter and Avatar. So when he lived all the way through the 20th century, working for Torchwood, he was already called Captain Jack Harkness before WW2 started, although the real Captain Jack Harkness hadn't gone missing yet. I think they'd better avoid that period if they make any more series of Torchwood!
          no problem ma'am
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post
            I was chatting about this timeline and name stuff with someone recently.

We concluded that if Jack went to the 1800s and met up with Torchwood, that Torchwood would/could fix it so that his 'records' and existence wouldn't interfere with the real Jack Harkness in 1941.

Of course it meant he had to avoid that area in 1941 when the real Jack and our Jack were around... but we were a little hazy on The Doctor... if our Jack was looking for him, surely he would have staked out that year/day/time to meet up with him again... the only real timeframe he has to know where the Doctor would be (second time around).

We just ended up having a glass of wine and tried not to think about it.

Comment

just imagine it

the person jack would be happy with is..himself
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X