Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer WOW thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
    It seems as though TPTB are out to lunch in a lot of areas when it comes to SGA.

It makes no sense. I don;t recall a new psychiatrist being introduced, so do we now assume that there is one that people see and it's not worth mentioning, or so we now assume that they simply don't need one or the psychological grief experienced is no longer story worthy?

It would have been a lot easier to keep her...and nicer.
    They don't consider it story worthy i would say. it would have been very easy to keep her floating around. but they chose not too, and it was the wrong thing to do, but they do that to alot of characters, and they have lost a lot of respect for what they do. Saddens me

Comment

Originally posted by badboyzII~86 View Post
      They don't consider it story worthy i would say. it would have been very easy to keep her floating around. but they chose not too, and it was the wrong thing to do, but they do that to alot of characters, and they have lost a lot of respect for what they do. Saddens me
      Me as well.

What really burns me is the way it done too. The storyline was okay I suppose, but the way they used her and the results they achieved could have easily been done using a red-shirt character, IMO.

Comment

Me as well.

What really burns me is the way it done too. The storyline was okay I suppose, but the way they used her and the results they achieved could have easily been done using a red-shirt character, IMO.
        Exactly, if they had to kill someone it should have been someone else, and to have teyla there to witness was even more cruel in my opinion has they had been close, and you know i could have slashed those two

Comment

Exactly, if they had to kill someone it should have been someone else, and to have teyla there to witness was even more cruel in my opinion has they had been close, and you know i could have slashed those two
          I'm not a fan of slash as a rule, but I think I could have gotten behind that one.

I agree with the cruelty...it was uncalled for.

Comment

She was in alot of respects the soul of the atlantis expedition. She carried the dreams, the fears, the trauma, fun and the difficultly of the group, and she was cast aside like a dirty rag. But the writers imho could never really write for a female character, so it made it easy to kill her off.

The show could really use someone like kate atm

Comment

Originally posted by Soulstace View Post
              There was absolutely no need to kill her off! The episode didn't even make sense. Everyone basically died in their own dreams--why did she have to die in reality? *arrgh* still mad
              Oh, my old avatar being used again...

Well, there was Zelenka and Lorne, and Kate. She just drew the short straw, and being female didn't help her case very much.

That's a good question, and one that hasn't been sufficiently answered that I know of.
              Don't expect an answer to that ... ever. You'll have to form an answer yourself.

I so wanted to hug Teyla! Doppelganger is full of slashy goodness for Kate and Teyla. Hey, it's my OTP and I've written a few AU endings so far.
              I absolutely adore those two. *sigh*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I happen to think they killed it off, because tptb in their sick and twisted ways thought it would be funny to kill of the counsellor in a psychological entrenched episode. Idiots, they got rid of a kind lady, and a sexy star
                I had a similar thought.... Geezsss...go figure

That had to be their logic behind it all. To get rid of a character like Kate in such a pathetic way is so idiotic. They are a few fries short of a Happy Meal, i swear!

Comment

She was in alot of respects the soul of the atlantis expedition. She carried the dreams, the fears, the trauma, fun and the difficultly of the group, and she was cast aside like a dirty rag. But the writers imho could never really write for a female character, so it made it easy to kill her off.

The show could really use someone like kate atm

I liked how you worded that BB. When the expedition members couldn't handle the trauma/fears of their everyday life on Atlantis who did they turn to? Kate helped them learn to embrace their fears depression/anxiety as any professional Psychologist would. I honestly think, to them, Kate wasn't sexy/young enough. And no....the new ptb have no clue how to write for a female character unless the character happens to be the 'hot babe' of the week. What are they? Producers/writers for the playboy channel that still have the hormone level of a frat boy?

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                    What are they? Producers/writers for the playboy channel that still have the hormone level of a frat boy?
                    *KACHING*

You won!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      *KACHING*

You won!
                      So what do I win LOL

Comment

So what do I win LOL
                        What do you want to win?

Comment

What do you want to win?
                          tooooooo...get kate back and she has to be a regular!!!!

Comment

If i was having trouble sleeping, shes the lady i would want to see to help fix the situation, or not fix it....

Yep thats my opinion, everytime i saw her, and her beautiful curves i stopped listening to what was been said. A Beauitful soul and body. Who's with me??
                            me me me !!!!
                            She was absolutely sweet!! Really missed her and Elizabeth. Damn TPTB
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            send me as far over the earth
                            as is my pleasure and thine,
                            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                            but never hear anything of bad ones,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

tooooooo...get kate back and she has to be a regular!!!!
                              I wish I could make that happen... *sigh*

Maybe in fanfic?

Comment

I wish I could make that happen... *sigh*

Maybe in fanfic?
                                too bad.. miss kate!

in fanfic...she never dies though....that's Keller's dept

Comment

Working...
                                X