No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J.J. Abrams is behind the show but those reasons aren't enough for me to like the show. I think this will go down as one of J.J. Abrams first flops which is a shame because he's the guy who's done "Lost" and "Fringe". If only it focused on the world and the mythology than maybe, maybe it would of worked. Oh well...
    JJ Abrams stuff seem to be getting worst as he gains more influence and power in the entertainment industry. JJ Abrams and the guys and girls he work with aren't good world and mythology writers. They seem incapable of creating a logical and consistent world.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      The capsule was a very specific device and as we were told if you don't program it right you kill the person it is in. The DOD was their best bet to get the tech ready, all they had was a small chamber they could take the power out of, getting BILLIONS of dollars meant they could go as far as they needed.
      They would have had venture capitalist chewing their hands of to get a piece of the pie. They would have no need for the DOD.

As we saw she was with Miles during the last few years he was in the Militia. She could have learned then.

Do you mean Maggie? Georgia had communication with England but we don't know to what degree and as we have seen entering the Georgia Federation meant passing through a fence and if you were caught you would be killed. And who said Maggie even knew that ANYONE had contact. She spent years trying to get back before she gave up and then moved into a small secluded village in Wisconsin, she would not have known.
      We know there was enough communications and trade available that Georgia president expected England to aid them in their war with Monroe, the sort of aid needed influence a war implies a reasonable large number of vessels an large amount of trade between the two, or what would England gain from aiding Georgia, no that claim only make sense if there is regular trade and communications and that both have large, well equipped navies to transport those supplies.

The patriots just nuked Atlanta and Philadelphia, they could have many more agents waiting for the power to come back on to move, probably best to keep it off and save lives.
      If they did, they would have had more than two agents at the Tower, the most important place in the entire world. An if they did have that level of infiltration they would have plotted to take over Atlanta and Philadelphia from the inside. the patriots aren't smart enough to have built themselves a network of agents throughout the united states.

Sail ships are easy to build and maintain and many people would be familiar with it.
      They also take a tonne of wood to build, an mature wood, building them identically to 17th or 18th century, ignoring all of our knowledge is vessel design, war strategy, weapon designs is just stupid. Plus in today world there far more people use to working with metal than there are people use to working with wood on large scale. An then it will be interest to see them explain how a few hundred American troops manage to take over Cuba.

Spoiler:
      I'm thinking the patriots idea is to move through the country getting individual towns to join with them promising to rebuild the US. They could say that the government knows how to get the country back up and running.
      An yet Monroe and Miles could just take their helicopters and fly about and prove they know how to turn the power back on, plus Georgia federation seem to be running their part of the country just fine, steam buses, establish trade with Europe, a well fed population, well equipped police force, organised and resourceful enough to maintain city built for electricity. An why Monroe wasn't a utopia and far less advanced than Georgia, it was at the very least fairly organise. An people could feed themselves, we saw few people starving.

There a reason why they were took out those two, it because they were rebuilding the country, at least the parts they controlled successfully, why the patriots sat back in Cuba doing **** all, well they built a navy and planning on nuking the two powers that were rebuilding the country. Only idiots will follow the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        But you know the thing that stuck with me is that these guys invented nano machines that could repair a broken leg in a few seconds, could grow a pair of lungs, cure cancer, this technology would be worth billions of dollars, and yet they ran to DOD for funding, you would have venture capitalist, every major corporation on the planet fighting over this and they went to the DOD. Not mind the case that they apparently they were developed to provide renewable, WTF. .
        Perhaps it was cause of what they were working on (the renewable energy angle) that the DOD DID get involved so they could contain what it did. Kind of like how the CIA got involved in Keanu reeve's cold fusion project in the film Chain reaction.

They would have had venture capitalist chewing their hands of to get a piece of the pie. They would have no need for the DOD.
        Again that's even assuming the govt didn't get wind of it and had DARPA get all over it before they could line up venture capitalists for funding.

Comment

DOD is surprisingly invested in renewable and alternative fuel research.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Perhaps it was cause of what they were working on (the renewable energy angle) that the DOD DID get involved so they could contain what it did. Kind of like how the CIA got involved in Keanu reeve's cold fusion project in the film Chain reaction.

Again that's even assuming the govt didn't get wind of it and had DARPA get all over it before they could line up venture capitalists for funding.
            It was made pretty clear in the show that it was Ben Matheson that approach the DOD for funding. Not the DOD approaching Ben Metheson team to offer funding.
            Last edited by knowles2; 15 September 2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
              DOD is surprisingly invested in renewable and alternative fuel research.
              Yes they are and they invest substantially in such a technology. DOD been interesting in energy research since the 40s the atomic program. ,

That not up for debate. What strange is that any company that capable of build microscopic machines would approach the DOD for funding when there so many other sources of funding for such technology, phara sector along, foundations such as Bill and melinda gates, the Wellcome Trust, both billion dollars charitable entities more than capable of providing funding in the scale of hundreds of millions, billions of pounds, especially for a projects that would solve all the issues that they are trying to solve, pollution fix, cancer cure, cure for HIV done, cure for Malaria done, hell they could have created a single injection that made humans immune to all diseases.

Technology companies such as IBM that pure a tonne of money in blue sky research projects.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Yes they are and they invest substantially in such a technology. DOD been interesting in energy research since the 40s the atomic program. ,

That not up for debate. What strange is that any company that capable of build microscopic machines would approach the DOD for funding when there so many other sources of funding for such technology, phara sector along, foundations such as Bill and melinda gates, the Wellcome Trust, both billion dollars charitable entities more than capable of providing funding in the scale of hundreds of millions, billions of pounds, especially for a projects that would solve all the issues that they are trying to solve, pollution fix, cancer cure, cure for HIV done, cure for Malaria done, hell they could have created a single injection that made humans immune to all diseases.

Technology companies such as IBM that pure a tonne of money in blue sky research projects.
                Maybe their tech wasn't as viable as you think it is. They might have needed the massive resources and near-limitless funds of the DOD in order to get it to work properly. Plus maybe other companies turned them down as they would need too much in order to get it to work on the scale they wanted. That and the fact that the nanites absorbed energy as opposed to produce it meant that it had few applications.

For all we know the DOD found out what they had and made it so they were the only ones to turn to.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  From what I've seen/read the episode has a 'just after the finale' part and then a months later thing.

I don't see what is so wrong about that.
                  If it's like that, or like the way Haven did it, then I'm fine with that.

Comment

Maybe their tech wasn't as viable as you think it is. They might have needed the massive resources and near-limitless funds of the DOD in order to get it to work properly. Plus maybe other companies turned them down as they would need too much in order to get it to work on the scale they wanted. That and the fact that the nanites absorbed energy as opposed to produce it meant that it had few applications.

For all we know the DOD found out what they had and made it so they were the only ones to turn to.
                    Which is what i was getting at. Perhaps the DOD saw what they were researching, and wanted the monopoly on it, but found out the Mathesons were going to other groups.. so they used what ever political pressure they had to get those groups to say no.. eventually making it to where if Ben and co wanted it to work they would have to go through the DOD.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Just a quick note for UK based fans of Revolution. Season 2 starts to air here in the UK on Sky 1 on Sunday 20th October at 2200.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

So it looks like Aaron is turning into Neo.

I'm still enjoying this show, but not as much so far this season. I feel like the "US Government" being that big and that organized is unrealistic. Cuba isn't that big of an island and even with the capital cities destroyed I think the Georgia\Monroe Republics would have some fight left in them. In a more agrarian based society cities aren't as big as they are now so the proportion of citizens killed would be much smaller and the military bases would be mostly untouched.
                        sigpic

Comment

True, but the milita's base, govt and more than likely the bigger stores of weapons were in those 2 locations.

I'm just wondering IF/when they might show us some of the devistation, or whether there is any issue with radiation fall out.

Comment

Watched season 1 on Netflix streaming in the past 3 days and now trying to catch up with season 2 on Hulu.

I had intentionally avoided this show because it was on NBC (I watch nothing on this channel if I can help it.), and the premise sounded absurd along with the early commercials of people toting around muskets and swords. I love Eric Kripke's other creation, Supernatural, but his name wasn't enough to motivate me to watch this show.

Saw it on Netflix and thought "what the hell, I'll at least watch the first episode." Turned out the show was watchable and kinda addicting. Certainly not a masterpiece of writing or acting but good enough to entertain.

Last ep of season 1
                            Spoiler:
                            I am rather mad they killed Nora. The one strong female character and actor on the show I liked.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

^^Yes what LoneStar said in the 3rd paragraph for me, too. Not my favorite SciFi show, but good enough to keep me watching. Love Neville's storyline.

I am wondering the same thing garkahl wonders, I'm wondering if they will show us some of the devastation of the two cities.

One thing they haven't addressed on the show yet that I would like to see, but- they've so far worked around-is how these societies get along in the harsh winters without modern electricity, ect. The Northern half of the US and most of Canada can have very harsh winters.
                              Maybe that would be too hard to film so they've stayed away from it.
                              Surely that would impact traveling around especially in the Plains States and Northeast.
                              I don't recall seeing anything about West of the Rockies-maybe in later storylines?

Comment

Well we saw a look at 4 of the main areas.. the plains nations, texas, the midwest (philly, illinois, michigan etc) and the deep south (alabama, mississippi, georga)..

I would love to see what colorado, ca, seatle, etc are like.

Comment

Working...
                                X