No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosehawk I share your sentiment!! Last nights ep started out with a bang. I would post more detail but for some reason I have again lost the ability to manually type in spoiler tags-when I re-figure it out I will go into more detail. Will have to say things are getting a lot more interesting now

Comment

^ [spoiler] spoilery stuff here [ /spoiler] without the spaces

I really liked last night's episode.
      Spoiler:
      From the previews and a few interviews I'd read, I knew that someone was going to die. I actually didn't mind that it ended up being Danny; mostly because I like all the characters(other than Charlie) more than Danny. Personally, I thought he was the weakest/least developed out of all the characters(and actors), and I knew they would never kill off Charlie. I was worried that the might kill Aaron, since he didn't really have a real reason for staying around once they found Danny; but once they started with the poor Danny flashbacks, I figured he would be the one to die. It was sad, I felt bad for Rachel(especially), but it made things really personal for everyone.
      I'm glad they spent some time on the Randall and Grace part of the story, and that it's more connected to what the main group is doing. It seemed too off to the side before. I liked that Randall went to see Monroe. I hope we find out more about Randall and what exactly his plans are soon.
      sigpic

Comment

Enjoyed last night's episode. Was a little frustrated with
        Spoiler:
        the death of Danny given that they went through so much to rescue him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Enjoyed last night's episode. Was a little frustrated with
          Spoiler:
          the death of Danny given that they went through so much to rescue him.
          Spoiler:
          It adds to the pain and feelings of futility the characters will have to overcome if Danny was the one to die. I can't say that I really cared all that much that the character was killed off. I felt a good deal more put out when Maggie Foster was killed off after only four episodes.

I gotta admit that this show still isn't doing it for me.

I am giving it the old college try, however, the rather bland characters are over-riding anything interesting we are seeing in world development. About the only thing that is of moderate interest to me for next week's episode is whether or not
          Spoiler:
          the wardrobe department is on the ball and Charlie gets a new coat or if she is still dressed in the one she's had since the show started, minus all of Danny's blood.

I've found Aaron Pittman to be an interesting character (most of the time), and the Maggie Foster character has an interesting back-story and it would have been interesting to see where they could have gone with her. By far the most interesting character on the show is Tom Neville. If he were ever to leave then they may as well end the series.

Otherwise, hope you guys continue to enjoy the series.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

The Stand
            Spoiler:

Well it's finally here. Round 2 of Revolution and as all rounds go, this one seems to be interesting in that the series is finally getting interesting; Monroe has power, the gang is back. Round 2 is when shows usually find their footing, when they fix the misgivings of Round 1. I'm guessing the question everybody will be asking is this, has the series improved at all?

Well somewhat, but not to the point that you're expecting.

First off, many of the things you wanted from Revolution are finally here. You want less Charlie? you got it! More purpose? you got it! Emotion, better character reactions, something actually happening? You got that as well. When you first start off the episode, you see tons of things; you see explosions, you see characters betraying other characters and you see previously minor characters start to gain major exposure. Flynn the military guy, Rachel the mother of the two, and a certain surprise in the end that will have viewers hooked. It seems like Revolution has finally understood that in order to keep an audience, it has to introduce things viewers will question and things that'll lead to better plots in the future.

We got power!

One of the things they did well was showcase how powerful the Monroe Republic could be with power, it's like they have the ability to dominate the entire world and that is shown well throughout the entirety of the episode. Those helicopters provide a sort of hecticness that engages people in the action, that really gets the blood pumping; will they be able to escape the grasping hand of the Monroe republic? Another thing they did well was pair up Rachel with Miles. Rachel has a better ability to emote and pairing her with Miles allows him to bring out that rugged side; he seems more heroic, less suspectable and is actually quite an enjoyable guy. Though his lining reading may suck and his overall purpose may remain the same, the better attribute of Miles makes him slightly tolerable.

It's certainly an episode that says "we're here and we're not going to take it anymore" but somehow the regular elements of Revolution manage to bring the episode down which means poor Charlie acting, overemphasis on the lines and tons of illogic. For example; the Monroe Republic has power. Now that could be something that'd span an entire season (just imagine the group as rebels fleeing from them) but instead it's something that spans one episode after months of buildup and promise, I can understand not making anybody that powerful but putting your entire victory into one or two helicopters? Don't you know someone could shoot you down? If I were running the Monroe republic, I wouldn't have the amplifer on the helicopter mostly every time; I would just park the helicopter somewhere and have that other helicopter in the air for them to mow down enemies. Alas, this type of thing is just something Revolution never learns from.

Someone of future importance.

The main problem is that there isn't much of a reason to care about what happens; while the show has finished off the plot of finding Danny, it left a gaping hole in what can be used to motivate the characters until the next episode and much of the episode is of course a journey from everybody united to finding the next character motivation; there isn't much to the action inbetween, we don't get much of an investment with the rebels other than the fact that their the target of the Monroe Republic and despite the fact that they have power, it doesn't manage to make the Monroe Republic feel interesting, the scenes with Monroe and Nevil are as boring as ever with Nevil managing to outact anybody in his vicinity almost every time; this affects the buildup to the scenes where future players appear and it definitely effects the impact of which future events will have.

Still, one has to admire how much this episode sets up and one has to admire the brief good moments this episode has. Even though we lose a main character, we get something in return in the form of a mystery which will likely span a season; we have the intrigue of this Rachel character which will have us forming the daily ritual of turning on the TV screen and we even have Flynn... The action was well presented and certainly had impact, every gunshot had the feel and impact of regular gunshots and they made the showoff at the rebel camp much more interesting, plus they even have a small bit of humor in the beginning of the episode as they try to get out of Pennsylvania and even through there might be two flashbacks, it defiantly has emotion and it's focus on life and death is relatable to say the least.

So it's not truly terrible but it's not truly good either. It seems to have learned a couple of lessons during that month long hiatus and those lessons are put to good use here but it still has many of the detractors that made Revolution a mockery last year and it seems like there's going to be a battle between the good parts of the show and the bad parts of the show as time goes on.

5.0/10
            Back from the grave.

Comment

I was busy last night and was going to watch Revolution on the Internet. Apparently NBC doesn't want to stream the episode. Would anyone mind telling me what happened in this episode? Spoilers don't bother me. Thank you in advance
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Episode summary. I might have forgotten some stuff.

Spoiler:
                -They run away from the helicopter into an empty restaurant. The helicopter blows up the building. They hid in the walk-in refrigerator so they escaped the explosion.
                -Miles, Aaron, Rachel and Danny hide in coffins to get past a checkpoint. Nora and Charlie are up front dressed in militia uniforms driving the wagon. Charlie shows her Monroe brand. The militia guy still wants to check the coffins. They open one up, there's a dead body in it.
                - Monroe sends helicopters to blow up a rebel camp nearby.
                - Aaron thinks they should all just go home since they'd found Danny. Rachel says that Monroe would take over everything if they didn't stop him and she was responsible for it.
                - Rachel decides she needs to see an old friend about getting a pendant and high powered weapons. Miles won't let her go alone, so he says he's going with her.
                - Nora says she needs to get to Annapolis and warn the rebels there. Charlie, Danny and Aaron go with her.
                - On the road Miles tries to apologize to Rachel for everything that happened to her. He says Monroe showed him a body. He says he would have never left if he knew she was alive. He got really close to her, Rachel tells him firmly to step back.
                - Rachel and Miles go to her friend's house. Rachel asks her friend if he'd heard from Grace or any of their other friends. He says no , that no one is answering their computers.
                - He takes them into the basement were he's got all kind of weapons and a pendant. He says that he knows why Grace and the others aren't answering, Randall got to them. Randall got to him too. He uses some kind of sonic weapon he made to knock them out. He ties them to a chair. Miles gets free and beats up Rachel's friend. They take the pendant and some kind of rocket launcher.
                - Back in Annapolis Nora meets up with her rebel friends. Neville and Jason see them and the rebel camp. Neville says he's going to ride back to Monroe to order an air strike. Jason doesn't like the idea of killing all those people. Neville knocks him down and tells him to never go home again.
                - When Neville gets back to Monroe he tells him about the rebel base and he tells Monroe that Jason was killed.
                -Jason finds Charlie and tells her that they have about 12 hrs until the helicopters arrive.
                - Randall orders Grace to get an elevator working. He says he's going out, and that it had better be working by the time he gets back. He leaves her with some guy that Grace considers an animal. Randall drives over to see Monroe and offers to help him.
                - Throughout the episode Rachel and Charlie have been having flashbacks about Danny. Rachel remembers some experimental medical procedure that Danny had when he was little. Charlie remembers Danny having an asthma attack when they were kids, and taking care of him.
                - Nora, Charlie, Danny and Aaron are getting ready for the militia attack. They're hoping Miles and Rachel get to them in time. Charlie wants Danny to stay inside and help with any wounded. Danny refuses. He wants to fight.
                - Helicopters arrive; they start shooting; people start dying, Miles and Rachel arrive in a jeep. Miles gets out, preps the rocket launcher, and is about to shoot down the helicopter that they think the amplifier is on, when something explodes by him, knocking him down and knocking the rocket launcher out of his hand.
                -Miles is dazed everyone is around him seeing if he's ok. The helicopters are still firing at the rebels. Danny picks up the rocket launcher and shoots down the helicopter with the amplifier. The other helicopter starts to fall out of the sky, but not before firing at Danny. Danny gets shot multiple times and ends up dying.
                - Rachel blames herself. She says she should have never left Danny. She wants to kill Monroe.
                - Rachel is crying over Danny's body. She takes out a knife, cuts Danny open, and takes out what kind of looks like a little blinking light bulb.
                sigpic

Comment

I understand. Back when SGU was on I would write reviews based on the episode. It was amazing the things I would forget after the episode. Thank you. It looks like it took you some time to write that.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

You're welcome Yeah, it can be hard to remember everything that goes on sometimes, especially when there is a lot going on. There was some stuff that I left out because I couldn't remember if it was mentioned during the episode, or if it was in the preview for upcoming episodes.
                    Spoiler:
                    A tower was mentioned that Randall had access to; Rachel wants to get access to that tower because it's important. Oh, and I think I may have misremembered Miles and Rachel driving in on a jeep, because that doesn't really make sense, now that I'm thinking about it lol.

Hopefully the episode gets put online soon so you get a chance to watch it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      ^ [spoiler] spoilery stuff here [ /spoiler] without the spaces

I really liked last night's episode.
                      Spoiler:
                      From the previews and a few interviews I'd read, I knew that someone was going to die. I actually didn't mind that it ended up being Danny; mostly because I like all the characters(other than Charlie) more than Danny. Personally, I thought he was the weakest/least developed out of all the characters(and actors), and I knew they would never kill off Charlie. I was worried that the might kill Aaron, since he didn't really have a real reason for staying around once they found Danny; but once they started with the poor Danny flashbacks, I figured he would be the one to die. It was sad, I felt bad for Rachel(especially), but it made things really personal for everyone.
                      I'm glad they spent some time on the Randall and Grace part of the story, and that it's more connected to what the main group is doing. It seemed too off to the side before. I liked that Randall went to see Monroe. I hope we find out more about Randall and what exactly his plans are soon.
                      Thank you! I was doing it OK for awhile and then it wasn't working for me-I don't post that much and I'm a bit computer challenged.

Comment

It was an improvement. I liked the first half of the season obviously more than most of you guys although I too have issues with this show I like where the second half seems to move although I still prefer arrow over revolution, I am curious on how things will develop these days.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                          I like where the second half seems to move.
                          I have to agree, at least it's giving our characters a platform on which they can hopefully make a difference.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                            I have to agree, at least it's giving our characters a platform on which they can hopefully make a difference.
                            true.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                              Thank you! I was doing it OK for awhile and then it wasn't working for me-I don't post that much and I'm a bit computer challenged.
                              You're welcome.
                              sigpic

Comment

Greetings all,
                                This show starts to air on Sky 1 here in the UK tomorrow night at 2100 with a double dose of episodes.

I've set my Sky + box to remind me it's on. But the question is is the show worth watching?
                                As I am going in cold.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X