Lifeboat (706)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hope
    I have a question. Where the souls in Daniel transferred over to the other guy (sorry forgot his name) at the end? I wasn't sure.
    FRAISER
    Wasn't me, Sir. It was Daniel. His consciousness protected itself and he never emerged for more then a few seconds. That's what allowed Pharrin to separate the others from Daniel and absorb them himself.

Comment

i went to a baseball game the night this was on but this is a great micheal shanks espiode
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
        Janet's role was also well used, she was the person the audience could really empathize with (I LOVED the "I intend to take it back!" scene. The mix of anger, despair, and fear was played brilliantly.)
        Totally agree! I nearly cried at that time. Teryl was just sooo good! I really believed her. Such conviction! I played it over again and again
        LOVE
        Sam Jack, JamSack
        LOVE

Comment

Wow - Daniel went insane again!!!!! Yayy!! I love when that happens.

This ep made me sad, because just before it I watched Armageddon so I was depressed by the ending of that as I shouted 'NO - HARRY - NO!!!'
          And then this ep came on and the scene where the young boy's personality tells of the last days of his dead mother back on his homeworld that had been consumed by the sun - 'awwwww here I go again' I cried.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i thought daniel and janet were great, really good ep

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              the scene where the young boy's personality tells of the last days of his dead mother back on his homeworld that had been consumed by the sun - 'awwwww here I go again' I cried.
              And as for the final reunion between boy and dad, boo hoo don't start me off!
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf View Post
                Although I never orignially liked Shanks as Jackson, since Fallen his portrayal of the character has improved. I guess with the whole death and rebirth thing going on, quite a number of things about Jackson have changed. There's not really anything that I can quantify. Lifeboat is one of those episodes that shows that Shanks is a really good actor. Switching from playing Jackson to the boy to Martise and to all the others within his body. I think he pulled it off pretty good.
                To me, this is one of those "classic" episodes which showcase daniels versitility with acting. He was marvelous, and so was frasier... My only regret to it was that one of those personalities he had was of a young kid, who i am not sure would have understood what he was 'getting into' with the :meld: with dad..

Originally posted by Jprime View Post
                "Just find the small woman and tell her that what she gave me is not good enough. It isn't working!"

Classic...
                That it was... Though i did not see frasier as small..

Originally posted by emily_reich View Post
                yes... absolutely... his voice, body language, facial expression, and just overall demeanor ALL change with each personality... and he can change in seconds between any two of the four different characters that he plays in the episode... THAT'S what i call talent...
                Darn skippy it was tallant.. Pity we never saw any of those other 17 personalities that 'quak' said he had in there...

Originally posted by Sonya View Post
                I loved this episode. The acting was amazing. I almost cried when the little boy, Keenin, said he just wanted to stay with his mother.
                Joined too
                Originally posted by Jeril View Post
                That little boy, Keenin... me want to cry right here.

When MS was playing him, that was insane. He was acting just like a little kid with the low tone of voice and he kind of had that little boy pout to his face that said, "I'm trying really really hard not to cry because Daddy says that big boys don't cry." It was so cute.
                Besides Meridian, and forever in a day for me, this was one of the more 'tear jerker' moments too. And i agree, MS's portrail of the kid was the capping moment to those tears coming fourth, especially that 'i will be with mommy' part..

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled View Post
                Janet's role was also well used, she was the person the audience could really empathize with (I LOVED the "I intend to take it back!" scene. The mix of anger, despair, and fear was played brilliantly.)
                AGreed. I was surprised when i heard she was nominated for an award for this, but was shocked when she did not win... And this also lended credance to me at least, for my hopes they might 'ship' them together... but alas..

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich View Post
                  yes... absolutely... his voice, body language, facial expression, and just overall demeanor ALL change with each personality... and he can change in seconds between any two of the four different characters that he plays in the episode... THAT'S what i call talent...
                  Michael Shanks' acting in this episode = Wow! I've always thought he was really good, but you couldn't take your eyes off him cause you didn't know when he was gonna change personalities or what he was gonna do next. He was absolutely amazing to watch! I'm thrilled to hear he got an award for this performance, he was incredible.

Teryl Rothery was excellent as well. I loved that she'd finally had enough and had to yell in order for him to listen. The different emotions she expresses in one look are amazing and it's disappointing she didn't get an award. At least we know she deserved one.

And besides,
                  Teal'c: Daniel Jackson's preliminary electroencephalogram proved anomalous.
                  Jack: I dare you to say that again.
                  (Teal'c opens his mouth to repeat it)
                  is one of my fav lines!
                  I love that line! What makes it even funnier is the fact that Teal'c was actually going to say it again.

This was a brilliant episode and probably one of my favourite of the series. One guy I didn't mention is the actor who played Pharrin, I think. He was also really good. I liked at one point he kinda shouted something, when they first met him, and you see Carter sort of jump a bit. When MS was acting as the little boy and he says that his mommy made him (his dad) choose him, I cried It was a very emotional episode and the acting all around was incredible.
                  "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                  S/J all the way!
                  Big Honkin' Resolution!
                  sigpic
                  John/Teyla Shipper!
                  SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_L's View Post
                    When MS was acting as the little boy and he says that his mommy made him (his dad) choose him, I cried It was a very emotional episode and the acting all around was incredible.
                    Besides his death in meredian, that is the most tearjerker moment imo..

Comment

This episode defenlity shows MS acting skill.
                      I really liked this episode
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                        This episode defenlity shows MS acting skill.
                        I really liked this episode
                        i agree 100% it was a fantastic episode with SUPER acting skills
                        sigpic

Comment

I love this episode, for both Michael Shanks and Teryl Rothery's acting. Peter Deluise did say that the Gollum/Smeagol moment was in fact intentionally similar which I thought was awesome, a very powerful episode. I am glad to know MS got an award for that, it speaks a lot to an actors quality if you can put two of them in a virtually empty room and make it amazing.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

It's always good to see someone go nuts! And it's good when it's Michael Shanks!

Comment

I think all the acting was amazing! Makes you wonder why someone as talented as MS still hasn't released a notable film to date. You'd think that with all the stargate appeal there'd be enough ppl who'd wanna watch him in a feature length movie.

Maybe something independent and low-key. Would be fabulous!

Comment

Man i love this ep, expecally the parts between Janet and daniel's many personas they were brilliant and i expecially love two parts. One when Daniel finally showed him self and that breif moment between Janet and daniel. And the awesome scene when Janet says "I dont give a dam......" her emotion is just amazing i was like "Go Janet!". Oh and if you havnt worked it out already im a Jan/Dan Shipper there just so cute together

Both Teryl and Micheal did an amazing job in this ep, they were brilliant and worked really wel together
                                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X