No announcement yet.

Birthright (710)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really great episode It had everything, laugher, fun, romance and action

The fight scene between Teal'c and Neith was really cool, I loved the way it was filmed

I also loved the back and forth of Teal'c/Neith and Sam/Mala as they both talked. I enjoyed hearing about Teal'c feelings for his wife, ususally we hear more of his feelings for his son. I also enjoyed Sam's realionship to Mala saying she wanted to have a relationship like Jack and Sam lol.

I really like Mala, it's a shame she died. I thought she would have been good friends with Sam.
    spoiler for season 9 and 10
    Spoiler:
    I saw Kal'el who is in the Free Jaffa council and I think Mala would have been the best person to take on that role. And yes part of that reason is becuase I feel she'd support Earth but also beaucse she fair and kind hearted. Not that KalEl is a bad person.

Daniel was also fun in this episode, he was really good with Nesa, who I really liked btw. I thought their scenes where really cute

Question with spoilers for season 10
    Spoiler:
    Is the same actress who played Nesa the same actress to play Adria in her teens?

I love Teal'c makeout with Neith in the gateroom, Sam and Daniel took the hint and left but Jack just stayed there lol.

Also Jack jokes about being so willing to help out with the mating was too funny.

O'NEILL: "Wait...you don't suppose that's why they want us, do you? I mean, you know, the three of us?"
    JACKSON: "You t- to mate with? No, no...I don't think so..."
    O'NEILL: "Well, because you know me...I'm all for helping people."

Was it Daniel or Sam who said "Oh, God..." in resposd to Jack's comment. It sounded like Sam to me but the transcript said it was Daniel. SO does anyone know?

CJ writes the best Teal'c episodes

I watched The First Ones yesterday and wondered why they did get symboites from the lakes on that planet for the female Jaffa
    Becuase the writers forgot about the lake? It is possibley that The SGC had the lake cleaned out of so no could be taken as host?
    Last edited by angelfire east; 05 February 2007, 06:38 PM.
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

I quite liked this episode. It's good to hear about some Jaffa women who are warrior's, rather than the men.

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
      I also loved the back and forth of Teal'c/Neith and Sam/Mala as they both talked. I enjoyed hearing about Teal'c feelings for his wife, ususally we hear more of his feelings for his son. I also enjoyed Sam's realionship to Mala saying she wanted to have a relationship like Jack and Sam lol.
      Yeh, I liked how they changed between the two conversations too, and also Jack's and Sam's "special relationship", lol.

Was it Daniel or Sam who said "Oh, God..." in resposd to Jack's comment. It sounded like Sam to me but the transcript said it was Daniel. SO does anyone know?
      I listened to it twice, trying to work it out, and I'm pretty sure it's Sam. At least it sounds a lot like Sam to me.
      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
      S/J all the way!
      Big Honkin' Resolution!
      sigpic
      John/Teyla Shipper!
      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

i also thought the same thing so i looked it up on a different web site and it said it was sam who said it. (over all it was a very funny scene)

i also agree that cj does write the best teal'c episodes i guess he
        understants teal'c alot more
        sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. Christopher Judge is great at writing!

Also Jack jokes about being so willing to help out with the mating was too funny.

O'NEILL: "Wait...you don't suppose that's why they want us, do you? I mean, you know, the three of us?"
          Hehe, I thought that bit was hilarious. Sam's repsonse was great too (Oh God!).
          "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

It was a nice episode.But the end scene was fantastic!

Comment

This is a really great episode It had everything, laugher, fun, romance and action

The fight scene between Teal'c and Neith was really cool, I loved the way it was filmed

I really like Mala, it's a shame she died. I thought she would have been good friends with Sam.
              spoiler for season 9 and 10
              Spoiler:
              I saw Kal'el who is in the Free Jaffa council and I think Mala would have been the best person to take on that role. And yes part of that reason is becuase I feel she'd support Earth but also beaucse she fair and kind hearted. Not that KalEl is a bad person.

Daniel was also fun in this episode, he was really good with Nesa, who I really liked btw. I thought their scenes where really cute

Question with spoilers for season 10
              Spoiler:
              Is the same actress who played Nesa the same actress to play Adria in her teens?

I love Teal'c makeout with Neith in the gateroom, Sam and Daniel took the hint and left but Jack just stayed there lol.

CJ writes the best Teal'c episodes

Becuase the writers forgot about the lake? It is possibley that The SGC had the lake cleaned out of so no could be taken as host?
              That was avery funny scene

Comment

I liked this episode !

Loved the Jaffa women warriors, Teal'c and Daniel in some interesting scenes with them.

Rating 8 / 10

Comment

Originally posted by zats View Post
                  A friend of mine w/out cable (and therefore, no SciFi) caught this one airing on network TV and asked me about it the next day. Interaction as follows:

Him: Hey, I think I saw that show you're cuckoo over yesterday.
                  zats: Stargate?
                  Him: Yeah.
                  zats: Cool, which ep?
                  Him: They went to a planet with scantily clad women.
                  zats: Okay, ah...that would be 'Birthright'.
                  Him: I liked it.
                  zats: You do know that these 'scantily clad women' could kick your ass, right?
                  Him: Mmm-hmm. Is there another episode where they go to the planet with scantily clad women?
                  zats: Well, technically, they're Jaffa...but yeah.
                  Him: Ooh, can I see that one, too?

He's now quite the SG fan. Yay! Thank heaven for the scantily clad women!

Haha that totally reminds me of Citizen Joe

Guy: Boss... Question. These Guuuld.
                  Joe: Goa'uldddddd
                  Guy: Gouuuuud
                  Joe: GOA'ULLLLLLLLD
                  Guy: Nevermind... the bad guys.
                  Jack: I thought I told you I retired.
                  Hammond: Oh... I thought you said you were "tired"
                  Jack: Well... as a matter of fact... I am a little... tired.
                  Hammond: There's no time for that now! You have a mission to lead!
                  Jack: RIIIIIIGHT!

Comment

I like this episode a lot. One of the season 7 highlights most definitely.

Comment

i like this episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                        i like this episode.
                        me too.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the female Jaffa coming out of the smoke like that is possibly the best entrance on in the series.

Comment

So, first Ishta is all friendly with Teal'c, then she takes him prisoner. Yet, Teal'c still falls hard for her. What's wrong with this picture?
                            What did teal'c see in her? He was too good for Ishta in my opinion. In my opinion, Ishta didn't deserve Teal'c.
                            Someone who kisses him one minute, then turns on him the next is not trustworthy. Didn't Teall'c know this?
                            Poor guy. What was in that drink that Ishta poured for him? Their sparring match was great though.

Nesa was so sweet, and I liked Neith too. They are my favorite female Jaffa.
                            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

I loved the idea of female Jaffa, I just hope they can take out Molok in the end. Still, I liked seeing "T'Pol" again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Christopher wrote himself a juicy part (for SG1 that is). This was an 'OK' episode suffering from the fact its in a string of so-so episodes. Nice to see yet another member of the Enterprise make an appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X