The Siege, Part 1 (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
    Ford was a little annoying with this one, following Shep around the whole time.
    Yeah but he seems to have grown himself something of a backbone because he actually disagreed with Sheppard at times. Looked a mite uncomfortable about it but he had an opinion that wasn't Sheppard's, which was nice for him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
      Hey, who wants to get some Teyla/Bates shipping going.

"You're a security threat!"
      "You're insulting my people!"

They stare, then kiss passionately. Music swells.

-IMF
      Heh, I thought that, too.

Comment

Wow what a great season Atlantis has going. This episode was where most things went down the toilet. That is exactly was should happen during a season finale!!!

I really am disappointed that Grodin died he was a cool character...
        but as Q told Picard in ST: TNG "If you are afraid to get a little bloody nose then you should go back to your world and stay there". (Something to that effect anyway)

I hate waiting for next week for the second part it!!! I always wondered in brotherhood why some wraith wouldn't sneak into atlantis... It only made sense...

I think the Hive ships now know that Atlantis has no shield and is defenseless I reallly wonder how they are gonna pull off a resolution next week.

I also really loved them tying in different technologies and not just relying on Atlantis' weapons and shields. It makes for great variety in a show.

It might of had some sad moments but this episode just shows what level Atlantis is operating at and it is only first season!!!
        Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
        Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
        Mayboune: *shrugs*
        - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

My house is freezing an I've been curled up on the floor watching this episode. W. O. W. Is this another one by Martin Gero, by the way? I've liked all of his so far. Except Childhoods End.

Anyway I was crying a but when Grodin 'died'because I'd got rather attached to him. First the Brotherhood Puddlejumper mishap and now this. And Bates! My favourite minor character list is down to two from five. Bates had better not die... I am holding out hope though about Grodin though because of that Craig Veroni interview. Anyway, this is sci fi! No one stays dead for long. Look at Apophis!

Oh and as for what the UK fans think if he *is* dead, I can definitely say as a UK fan: *sniff* also *sulk*.

The funny thing is that as soonas they saw them, my family were sure they would either kill off Grodin or the pilot guy whose name escapes me. Why? The were wearing... red shirts, well, overall type things. Heh.
          ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Noooooo! Grodin!!! I liked him! Why couldn't the pilot dude have died? Rodney could have flown the Jumper back to Atlantis!

Peter!!

What a great episode! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Mostly because I was terrified of what would happen to Grodin. OTH I'm glad Bates is ok, I like the dude.

I can't wait for the second part!
            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

[QUOTE=Quetzcoatl]
              Zelenka said it's the last of several dozen. Dictionary.com's primary definition of several is "Being of a number more than two or three but not many". I'm thinking at least four, at the very most ten dozen satellites once defended the area. The mere fact that only one remains indicates that they were all put to good use.

I rewatched the part with Zelenka's quote, I didn't hear anything about defending the entire star system. If you could give me an approximate time, I'd appreciate it QUOTE]

The fact that only 1 satalite remains proves nothing other than that the others were destroyed....

Okay I missheard what he said but there's no need to be an asshat and start quoting dictionary definitions of a simple word like "several" that's just plain rude.

I was correct in that it's the last one and the original point I was making that seems to have flown straight over your head still stands.

What are the odds that the wraith fleet would decide to enter the star system within range of the satalites particle beam? Even if the wraith fleet was approching the system from same direction the odds have got to be staggering.

They really should have explained why the wraith fleet would pass so close to the satalite it can't be a coincidence.
              Last edited by V-MAN; 25 January 2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I have a theory that the whole Time Ship thing with Moebius part 1 and 2 from SG-1 will play a part with Grodin.

I have a feeling, because it doesn't really see like Grodin is dead if you heard about the interview with the guy who plays him. He was talking about his character in season 2!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                  That Dart was modified, they said that very explicitly.
                  For long ranged flight and recon. I doubt they would've upped its weapons.

BYE
                  "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

It's a shame Grodin was killed but I hope he gets replaced with an English character that isn't a posh sterotype like he was, someone more down to earth that doesn't talk liike the Americans think we do or should, how bout Simon Pegg as the new English rep?

Comment

Hmm. I've seen worse portrayals of British. Apart from the accent which actually grew on me I couldn't find much fault with Grodin. *shrug* Maybe I know too many posh people.
                      ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                        plz don't reply with something stupid like "oh but they through it was dead so they wasn't worried about it"
                        There's your answer. You call it stupid very offhandedly, with no real reasoning. The show established that their route would take them right by it. For all they care, it's just a piece of scrap metal with no energy signatures being given off. They weren't thinking in terms of "better safe than sorry", they care about getting to their new feeding ground.

You call me an "asshat", and yet I'm the rude one? I merely referenced the definition so we wouldn't wind up plodding through an argument of semantics.

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                        For long ranged flight and recon. I doubt they would've upped its weapons.
                        Why do you say that? The Wraith know that the expedition has Jumpers at their disposal, they only sent one dart in and it makes sense that they would send it in prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                          I have a theory that the whole Time Ship thing with Moebius part 1 and 2 from SG-1 will play a part with Grodin.

I have a feeling, because it doesn't really see like Grodin is dead if you heard about the interview with the guy who plays him. He was talking about his character in season 2!
                          Which he could easily just have been saying to keep Grodin's death a secret.

Peter Grodin's last words: "I'm sorry."

As for pilots, Atlantis has the following pilots:
                          - Shep
                          - Beckett
                          - Miller
                          - McKay to an extent
                          - The late Sgt. Markham

Stackhouse is not a Puddle Jumper pilot, if you recall 38 Minutes he was Markham's "co-pilot" (like Ford normally is to Shep)

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c

Peter Grodin's last words: "I'm sorry."
                            Double sniff

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              McKay to an extent

Comment

Woah!

Poor, poor Petrie.... :sad eyes

MacKay was really choked up, there. So am I.

I hope he's in some protected part of the satalite, to be recovered in part two.

Great stuff from Bates, Zelenka and Peter. Kudos to the PTB for developing the secondary cast.

And there was a Wraith in the city! Cool! I was very happy to see "Bob" show that upstart dinner entree that just because she had certain telepathic abilities she was no match for him. Yes! Now there's an enemy we can count on to be hard to beat. He must have fed just before encountering Bates to have not killed him.

I'm hoping for a nice scene between Bates and Teyla when he comes around. Perhaps an apology from Bates, some mutual peacemaking.... Or, not. It might be better to keep some animosity between those two characters....

Oh, and Bates has got spidey sense.

A good, gripping drama. Lots of little, almost throwaway lines that are sure to take prominence in future eps, like Zelenka's line about using the virus to attack the Wraith systems.

I liked Ford's little nod to Daniel Jackson about how they should name the planets.

Oh, and how many of you yelled out loud at the geniuses that 3 people can't play rock, paper, sissors?

Good viewing.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X