No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly the one from China arrived first because it was made there?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Does anyone have the TARDIS cookie jar? What's it like and about how big? I wanted to get one to put lollies into
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Possibly the one from China arrived first because it was made there?
        I don't think so, seeing as both were loose used figures.
        sigpic
        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

One of the sad things that I discovered this past Christmas, was not only do none of our local toy stores carry any Doctor Who items, but none of the employees I spoke to even knew what Doctor Who was.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Does anyone have the TARDIS cookie jar? What's it like and about how big? I wanted to get one to put lollies into
            One was ordered for my birthday. I got to play with one in a shop for a bit though. It's definitely wide and deep enough for lollies. Oh, and it makes TARDIS sounds.
            You know those big cookies you get from Subway? You could probably fit about 20 or 30 in it.

I got so much Doctor Who stuff for Christmas and my birthday I've decided to bring back my Doctor Who shelf. Currently all my sci-fi stuff is mixed up.

I can post pictures later but here's what I got:

Voyage of the Damned notebook
            TARDIS talking plush
            2012 desk calendar
            Doctor Who: The Encyclopaedia
            A Tom Baker scarf
            A Dalek Drone notice board (I actually really needed something like this)
            A Dalek shoulder/ messenger bag
            TARDIS coffee (beer) mug with lid. I filled it up with beer on my birthday and got drunk while watching the Christmas special.
            TARDIS cookie jar (in post)

I got 'Fantastic TV' sci-fi edition which has a lot of information about Doctor Who and Torchwood.

I just moved to Sydney too and there are two main stores that sell a lot of Doctor Who stuff. Kings Comics is like my Doctor Who paradise. Two big figure sets with the 6th doctor, who is my favourite. I haven't even ventured to the ABC shop and other book stores.
            Last edited by Zed_PM; 29 December 2011, 04:05 PM.
            My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
              One was ordered for my birthday. I got to play with one in a shop for a bit though. It's definitely wide and deep enough for lollies. Oh, and it makes TARDIS sounds.

I got so much Doctor Who stuff for Christmas and my birthday I've decided to bring back my Doctor Who shelf. Currently all my sci-fi stuff is mixed up.

I can post pictures later but here's what I got:

Voyage of the Damned notebook
              TARDIS talking plush
              2012 desk calendar
              Doctor Who: The Encyclopaedia
              A Tom Baker scarf
              A Dalek Drone notice board (I actually really needed something like this)
              A Dalek shoulder/ messenger bag
              TARDIS coffee (beer) mug with lid. I filled it up with beer on my birthday and got drunk while watching the Christmas special.
              TARDIS cookie jar (in post)

I got 'Fantastic TV' sci-fi edition which has a lot of information about Doctor Who and Torchwood.

I just moved to Sydney too and there are two main stores that sell a lot of Doctor Who stuff. Kings Comics is like my Doctor Who paradise. Two big figure sets with the 6th doctor, who is my favourite. I haven't even ventured to the ABC shop and other book stores.

Depending on what you pay the ABC shop sometimes can be pricy.

What is the Dalek noticeboard like? Does it make sounds?

Oh and has anyone tried an RC Dalek I so want one but they're expensive

Comment

It's a cardboard cut out with a white board (that you can wipe with a cloth). No sounds but it has a custom pen that reads 'exterminate - annihilate' and sticky post-it note paper has a very cool Dalek print on it.

I just noticed my notebook was for promo use only. The perks of knowing someone who works at Roadrunner.

I've got an RC Dalek from the 60's movie. It has a spanner instead of a sucker but it it makes a lot of cool sounds (from the movie). The control is broken though. I've got a mini RC Dalek strategist too. I bought my friend the Dalek drone it fights against.
                I really want an RC K-9.

The ABC shop further south is what my mum usually goes to and it's not too pricey. I brought Tom Baker and K-9 there for $50 and the 10th Doctor's screwdriver for $30.

Comment

Here's a picture:

Comment

Lots of cool stuff
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 August 2013, 09:00 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Even though it's obviously not a full length scarf, where did you get it from?
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 August 2013, 09:00 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                        Even though it's obviously not a full length scarf, where did you get it from?
                        LOL I love that!!! Only us Doctor Who fans would consider a scarf that doesn't touch the floor to not be full length!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'd show you all a picture of my 18' scarf which hangs on the hat rack in my living room, but sadly I no longer have my camera.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've got a 19 foot scarf coming in after my January paypacket, if all goes according to plan.

I'm trying to reconstruct Tom's costume worn in "Destiny Of The Daleks" for a convention. The shirt and trousers aren't a problem. It's just those shoes, the coat, and the duck badges on the coat that are causing the most hassle.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

I have those duck pins on my coat, I was going to post a link for you, but the ebay seller I bought them from is no longer listed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                                I have those duck pins on my coat, I was going to post a link for you, but the ebay seller I bought them from is no longer listed.
                                Well, if you find any of the items I am looking for, let me know. It needs to be done by July, otherwise I'd have to break out the 9th Doctor costume for a 3rd year. Want to do something different this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X