Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*bounces in*

Just back from work, tea on, rum poured, cats fed and I finally have a whole evening to devote to this thread and some artworking *rubs hands excitedly*

Really can't wait to kick off the challenges on Friday, it's going to be lots of fun

My first offering...I made the banner for the thread following this gorgeous tutorial. Hope you get a chance to play with it, it's a great intro to selective colouring for those of you with PS who don't currently use it. Unfortunately, as far as I know it's not transferrable into Gimp or PSP because of the heavy requirement on selective colouring

Comment

I should probably actually post some artwork...

Two Castle wallpapers that I made in the last week or so:

sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        I should probably actually post some artwork...

Two Castle wallpapers that I made in the last week or so:

Aaahh c'est magnifique!! Do you have a link to some decent Castle screencaps? I really need to make some Castle arties, would you believe I haven't made a single one! Been totally engrossed with Game of Thrones

Comment

I think that's a great idea Josi I've filed all the links

*waves to Kitten, Mirishka and Egle* Welcome

Sarai I'm seriously thinking about doing that tut, despite the 'girliness' I've fallen in love with that banner

Comment

OK. For those who don't know me, I have a thing about grunge. And hand writing fonts. My latest obsession is Javier Dunn: Singer, song writer, guitarist...hot, hot man with yummy scruff (Oh yeah, did I mention I love thunk?).

EDIT: And I'm really starting to develop a thing for guitar players!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              *bounces in*

Just back from work, tea on, rum poured, cats fed and I finally have a whole evening to devote to this thread and some artworking *rubs hands excitedly*

Really can't wait to kick off the challenges on Friday, it's going to be lots of fun

My first offering...I made the banner for the thread following this gorgeous tutorial. Hope you get a chance to play with it, it's a great intro to selective colouring for those of you with PS who don't currently use it. Unfortunately, as far as I know it's not transferrable into Gimp or PSP because of the heavy requirement on selective colouring
              Sarai, that banner is gorgeous! I will try that Tut out. I don't use selective coloring because I don't understand it, hopefully this will help.

I'm looking forward to the challenges here, although with school I might not join in much. I haven't done a challenge in a long while due to school and other stuff.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Aaahh c'est magnifique!! Do you have a link to some decent Castle screencaps? I really need to make some Castle arties, would you believe I haven't made a single one! Been totally engrossed with Game of Thrones
                Sure I've been getting mine from here and here. The first one has seasons 1, 2 and the first half of 3, the second one is season 3 only.

Wanna return the favour and point me in the direction of some good Game of Thrones screencaps? I feel the need to make GoT art

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                OK. For those who don't know me, I have a thing about grunge. And hand writing fonts. My latest obsession is Javier Dunn: Singer, song writer, guitarist...hot, hot man with yummy scruff (Oh yeah, did I mention I love thunk?).

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/th_Javierrwp0803.jpg

Lovely, and very you
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Wanna return the favour and point me in the direction of some good Game of Thrones screencaps? I feel the need to make GoT art
                  Many thanks! And of course! I've been getting mine here. You can also find some awesome high res ones simply by searching GoT and selecting large images + in Google.

Comment

*bounces*

OMG this looks like the place to be. Count me in on the fun.

*relurks*
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, this looks awfully fun. I may need to stop just lurking all the artwork threads and actually participate. We'll see if my too-busy schedule agrees....
                      sigpic
                      Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Welcome Rocket_Scientist! I love your avi, btw, really effective Hope you'll enjoy the thread and participate

*waves to Estrela*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/th_Javierrwp0803.jpg
                          Lovely stuff from the Queen of Grunge

Does Joe know about this? Can we expect to see a vid of him learning to play the guitar on tomorrow's blog??

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            20 icons in 20 days - 7 icons in 7 days I was obviously missing the point last night - blame it on the lateness of the hour and the excitement of having such a huge response to the thread
                            No problemo!

I was just about to explain that it's cheaper and a lot easier to understand than other's I've tried - then I saw what you meant

I LOVE my Power Director
                            Isn't that Martin Wood?

That's how most of us got started Please feel free to ask any questions you like (even if they seem daft ) and we'll try to help. We were all artwork newbies once

A little reminder for tomorrow.......

Come join the party and post all your sigs - or just come for the wine and broccoli
                            WHAT? No more rotating sigs? Did I mess the memo?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

WHAT? No more rotating sigs? Did I mess the memo?
                              Afraid so - http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...sting-of-sigs/. We decided to go out with a bang over on the Woohoo thread
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                                No problemo!

Isn't that Martin Wood?
                                It might be

WHAT? No more rotating sigs? Did I miss the memo?
                                Nope But on the upside, our sigs can now be up to 100kb so there'll be no more messing with the quality

It wood be wise to change to the new system asap, because what with the time-zones etc we don't know exactly when our rotating sigs will be stopped I've done mine already

Comment

Working...
                                X