Oh right....Is that the nintendo DS!
      The Teyla whumper would be correct.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The Teyla whumper would be correct.
        Teyla whumper.....where.....

See told ya i would know once i found out......hehe...ok that sounds silly
        sigpic

Comment

I may have just been seeing things, but anyone see that Shep had a 1911 pistol in this episode, rather than the standard military M92FS? I might have seen wrong, but the hammer in the back and the sight system looked like a 1911 to me. Either way, I'll have to rewatch the episode to be sure.

If it was a 1911, that was some high cap mags Shep was using. A 1911 only holds 7 rounds per magazine, and he clearly fired more than that. Like I said, I'll have to rewatch the parts where he uses the pistol to be sure. My eyes might have been playing tricks on me, since I was rather tired while watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Ford View Post
            I may have just been seeing things, but anyone see that Shep had a 1911 pistol in this episode, rather than the standard military M92FS? I might have seen wrong, but the hammer in the back and the sight system looked like a 1911 to me. Either way, I'll have to rewatch the episode to be sure.

If it was a 1911, that was some high cap mags Shep was using. A 1911 only holds 7 rounds per magazine, and he clearly fired more than that. Like I said, I'll have to rewatch the parts where he uses the pistol to be sure. My eyes might have been playing tricks on me, since I was rather tired while watching.
            Hmm, I don't think it was. Pay attention to the underside of the barrel when you rewatch it to be sure. I don't think you'll get a good enough look at the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
              Ah, this episode was just fun!! I really enjoyed it. Just plain and simple, a good episode.

Those aliens sure reminded me of the borg, anybody else get the same impression? Well... not the ship, but the aliens themselves. Evil creepy dudes they were, nice change of pace though from all the other evil guys we've seen on Stargate. These were by far the most malicious bad guys on the show. They sure were way cool and very creepy and just plain evil looking, I like!

The very end! Omigosh I was howling!! Rodney as a dad, now that's a thought!! LMAO!!

Overall a very enjoyable episode, nice pace and it didn't lag at all. I was afraid it might on the way back, but it didn't... ok, maybe a hair, but it wasn't bad at all. I just plain enjoyed this episode.

thats funny, my son (7) said the same thing about the aliens seeming like the borg he ended up calling them the "dorgs" i guess thats a cross between borg and dork.

this is my first post so hi everybody!!!
              I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake...Now its time to erase that mistake.

Comment

Now why would a regular person know how many bullets fit into what gun?

What are you up to?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Hi! Welcome to GateWorld!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 61 (12 members and 49 guests)

You're not alone...!

Comment

What a cheap way to do different realities ... basically all looked the same.

Oh well.

Comment

Oh no! How dare they! This alternate reality... also... has a planet...

Oh no, wait. They didn't, not all.

And one was the sun, instead of a planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                        It was good to see the team all together again. Other than that, I was bored. Too much Rodney ranting and babbling. Teyla was flat and conveniently proficient in using the ship's systems. Sheppard and Ronon didn't have a lot to do. Although the scenes where they fought side by side were great. I always love those. For the most part though, too much time watching people talk and punch buttons.

The team felt off. Like the lines were written for a generic team and our characters were just slotted in. Didn't feel like SGA.

I agree with this. I'm not sure who wrote this episode but it's almost like he is not all that familiar with the characters. The McKay/Shep banter just seemed like something that had been pulled out of season three, it felt a bit off and OTT. I felt that Shep and McKay had moved on from this kind of back and forth predictable banter and at times I just wanted Shep to shut up and let McKay get on with it and also for Rodney to stop the incessant babbling. I liked Ronon here though and felt he was the only really consistant character out of the team.
                        Teyla I agree was flat and seems to have lost her spark and vitality completely. There was no warmth at all between them and they just seemed like a team thrown together for this particular mission. Search and Rescue had way more of a team feel to me than this episode.

I loved the Ronon/Sheppard parts and it's always a treat seeing them fight side by side. Overall I did enjoy this episode a lot, and found it very entertaining, but I think this was due to the fast pace of the episode and the non stop action but it wasn't a good team episode for me really at all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                          In my head, it was a series of lessons over the length of a longer trip. Teyla doesn't seem to be the type to let something go half-finished. I think if Marks offered to give her a lesson early enough on in the trip and had the time to continue doing so, she'd take the opportunity. Sort of a crash course in "Okay, when things go to hell in a handbasket, these are your ways out." IIRC, she turned things on, turned things off, and ran diagnostics. Those could probably be covered on a surface level fairly quickly, IMO. All the re-wiring and re-routing of power was left to McKay who did know the systems much better than she could have.

Plus, duties aside, 3 weeks on the Daedalus per trip has got to get boring. Marks was probably happy for the opportunity to do something with someone he doesn't see every day.
                          Well that would make sense as well.

I wasn't too fussed about it as I understand why the writers did it. At least Teyla had something to do rather than stand around as wallpaper. So can't complain.

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                          Then when they started jumping, all I could hear was Teal'C saying "Ours is the only reality of consequence" especially when Shep wanted to fire on the aliens. I was all, "Don't do it, man!" but he did. And jeepers creepers those were some freaky aliens! Looked a little Borg-ish to me with the blinking heads. Their guns were neat too. It's nice to see SGA pick up some new tech for once.
                          Yeah, I thought Shep shouldn't have fired either. It would only draw attention to them because at least for the moment they weren't being attacked.

Obviously in the end it did pay off, but he still had no way of knowing why Atlantis was under attack and who was attacking who. The "good guys" could have been in the ship, but the writers went with the obvious...Atlantis good, other ship bad. It stood to reason that those at Atlantis were "good" since the city was located on this planet rather than the original so a history similar to our time line had probably played out, but then it could have diverged greatly from there and someone else could have come into possession of Atlantis.

Though I had to wonder where the F-302s came from. How did they get there so fast (if they came directly from Atlantis)? Why did they seem to come from the other direction and meet the badies head on?

Not a whole lot of substance to this episode like others have noted, but for once in a long while, it was one that I could just watch and enjoy for what it was rather than have jarring, noticeable problems with the story/characters that are annoying.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

three Rodneys in one Episode. The Rodney that made the new drive, the one who they found dead, and the one who got the team out of the situation. That alien looked a little like a Borg!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                              What a cheap way to do different realities ... basically all looked the same.

Oh well.
                              What, do you want space to be green, or something...?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                                What, do you want space to be green, or something...?
                                Some of the space did look red
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X