• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradox (302)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    PARADOX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 302
    After restoring the timeline Barry discovers that the effects of Flashpoint continue to ripple into his reality in unexpected ways, leaving his team fractured. As Barry tries to bring his loved ones back together, a mysterious villain called Alchemy appears to restore the powers that Edward Clariss had in the alternate reality.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 October 2016, 11:38 AM.

Wow.. So we are seeing Catlyn starting to show 'ice-queen' vibes.. And they are all ok living in that 'alternate' reality.. Interesting.
    Also liked Alchemy..

Comment

Why the HELL did we even watch the first two seasons if they are non canon?

Flashpoint was such a stupid idea in in the source material and it's an incredibly stupid idea here. Why would they chose to make such a terrible choice of adapting it to a TV show other than the fact that it's recent famous Flash story? It's a mind-boggling bad idea.

Even the moral is stupid. The "rules" about time travel are arbitrary and make no sense. Why was Barry supposed to just accept things the way they are and avoid using time travel to fix his life when time travel is what screwed up his life in the first place.

Jay's "We're not gods, we're men" analogy falls flat too, because you don't have to be a god to be able to fix your mistakes.

And their attempts to suggest things really aren't that different was silly as well. Why would Cisco immediately forgive the Barry when he's essentially the one who killed his brother?

There isn't even any internal consistency from one episode to the next. Why isn't Barry forgetting all his memories of the original timeline?

It's actually astonishing just how well the shows in this universe manage to kill my interest in them.

At least in the comics, Flashpoint was used to reboot their continuity. It was basically starting over with new characters. What's the point of using it here?
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 13 October 2016, 08:32 PM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I would also like to know.. DId his paradox affect ANYTHING in Starling city/with oli and the rest of team arrow, or is it only localized to Star city?

Comment

They explained that it did in this episode. Diggle's daughter was wiped from existence and replaced by a son.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Also Felicity has a boyfriend other than Oliver now, suddenly introduced in episode one without warning, but maybe not related though, just crap writing (isn't Snart supposed to be "alive" in Flash/Arrowverse post flashpoint too?).

I was kind of hoping that Flashpoint was going to be used to bring Supergirl into the CW Universe, it was an ideal get out of jail free card for them, Barry fiddles with time as episode one, comes back in episode two to find Supergirl exists, it would be easy to explain in Supergirl since little would change other than what has already thanks to the filming location changes.

But hey it's easy for us to sit here and write the story from our sofa. Wonder if it'll cause any changes in Legends?

Comment

Well, I enjoyed the episode. I don't try to over-analyze the story or what the writers did. Just enjoy the ride.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                Also Felicity has a boyfriend other than Oliver now, suddenly introduced in episode one without warning, but maybe not related though, just crap writing (isn't Snart supposed to be "alive" in Flash/Arrowverse post flashpoint too?).

I was kind of hoping that Flashpoint was going to be used to bring Supergirl into the CW Universe, it was an ideal get out of jail free card for them, Barry fiddles with time as episode one, comes back in episode two to find Supergirl exists, it would be easy to explain in Supergirl since little would change other than what has already thanks to the filming location changes.

But hey it's easy for us to sit here and write the story from our sofa. Wonder if it'll cause any changes in Legends?
                How would they account for that the Supergirl series, though? It's a completely different universe and it is its own show with an audience that wouldn't necessarily know what's going on in episodes of The Flash.
                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 16 October 2016, 03:09 PM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Or it could be related to the fact that Felicity and Oliver broke up last season and there has been a several month break since then.

I think the Snart thing will be explained later on Legends since Barry isn't the only one screwing with the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    They explained that it did in this episode. Diggle's daughter was wiped from existence and replaced by a son.
                    Rats, forgot about that little bit..

Also Felicity has a boyfriend other than Oliver now, suddenly introduced in episode one without warning, but maybe not related though, just crap writing
                    I kind of like her new beau.. And he was the same as in Arrow Ep 1...

I would have loved to see them do something like that, to tie the shows together...

Comment

How would they account for that the Supergirl series, though? It's a completely different universe and it's it's own show with an audience that wouldn't necessarily know what's going on in episodes of The Flash.

Well I guess the merger would be more important for the CW side than Supergirl, for Supergirl it's set in another city isn't it (as well as universe) an the other three shows all in their own one? So there's nothing to sugest there isn't the same city in the CW universe and when Barry messed with the timeline he introduced Supergirl to it and everything that happened in Season 1 in Supergirl Earth also happened on Flash Earth.

I mean would the average Supergirl viewer notice or care if they said this story is now taking place on Earth 1 because of Flashpoint? They've had to make changes to Supergirl to the sets (they have a different base) so could have taken the opportunity to slip Supergirl into Flash.

Oh that bit came out wrong lol. They're doing a four way crossover so at some point they are going to have to explain to Supergirl viewers the difference between universes anyway, could have saved the hassle by dropping in a shot of Barry reading about Supergirl post Flashpoint on his laptop.
                      Last edited by Ian-S; 16 October 2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Of course they would notice. They know that there was an episode where a speedster came from another dimension and then went back there. How would they explain that suddenly they are in the same dimension and always had been? You think Supergirl viewers would be happy to suddenly just stop watching the characters they've come to know for an entire season altogether and start watching their doppelgangers in another dimension instead?

Then again, the Flash writers seem to think doing exactly that is a good idea, so what do I know?

A universe where Supergirl and Superman exist would have also made Barry's life even more different than it is now.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Of course they would notice. They know that there was an episode where a speedster came from another dimension and then went back there. How would they explain that suddenly they are in the same dimension and always had been? You think Supergirl viewers would be happy to suddenly just stop watching the characters they've come to know for an entire season altogether and start watching their doppelgangers in another dimension instead?

Then again, the Flash writers seem to think doing exactly that is a good idea, so what do I know?

A universe where Supergirl and Superman exist would have also made Barry's life even more different than it is now.
                          Maybe his flashpointing things joined the universes..

Comment

^^ Or that, Flashpoint didn't create a third timeline, but rather merged the two timelines he'd already interacted with into a new timeline, there's nothing to say Iris/Dad problems didn't happen in Supergirl's universe.

Although to be honest, I always thought after last seasons finale that "DadFlash" came from Supergirl's Earth 3 universe, hence the reason she had never heard of Flash when Barry turned up by accident, since Zoom had kidnapped "DadFlash" before she arrived and taken him to Earth 2.

Speaking of Zoom, but does anybody else get the impression "Alchemy" is going to turn out to be Zoom under the cape? (I don't read the comics so don't know his character).

Comment

When he was in Supergirl Universe, Barry made a point of saying that that even though Central City existed in her Earth, no-none he knows from his dimension has doppelgangers there. And no-one there had heard of the Flash.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X