Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainn Wilson (yes, him) announced as Discovery's Harry Mudd:

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/stat...56830877286400
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Rainn Wilson (yes, him) announced as Discovery's Harry Mudd:

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/stat...56830877286400
      I don't mind the actor...I do mind the character. Sarek and now Mudd being brought back. Can't say I'm too happy.

#dosomethingnew

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I don't mind the actor...I do mind the character. Sarek and now Mudd being brought back. Can't say I'm too happy.

#dosomethingnew
        I never liked Mudd as a character either....curious as to what you have against Sarek though...seems to me like he never had much screen time as a character in all the star trek series combined to judge him one way or the other as a character...Mark Lenard though was an amazing actor I think....able to play both an enemy Romulan and a Vulcan ambassador who happened to be Spock's father

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          I never liked Mudd as a character either....curious as to what you have against Sarek though...seems to me like he never had much screen time as a character in all the star trek series combined to judge him one way or the other as a character...Mark Lenard though was an amazing actor I think....able to play both an enemy Romulan and a Vulcan ambassador who happened to be Spock's father

I don't have a problem with Sarek. He was a great character and Mark Lenard was a superb actor! It's just that considering space is supposed to be infinitely full of different species and characters, there does seem to be an awful lot of run-ins with previously encountered species and characters. Space seems so small in Star Trek when familiars appear and in this instance with Mudd it starts to come across as fan service for fan service's sake. Okay, maybe I'm so much resistant to Sarek's appearance in ST: DSC as presumably he was the Vulcan Ambassador to Earth in 2255 and I can maybe understand his significance in the storyline but I do resist his recasting. I personally would have preferred a new character rather than recast an old one.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            I don't have a problem with Sarek. He was a great character and Mark Lenard was a superb actor! It's just that considering space is supposed to be infinitely full of different species and characters, there does seem to be an awful lot of run-ins with previously encountered species and characters. Space seems so small in Star Trek when familiars appear and in this instance with Mudd it starts to come across as fan service for fan service's sake. Okay, maybe I'm so much resistant to Sarek's appearance in ST: DSC as presumably he was the Vulcan Ambassador to Earth in 2255 and I can maybe understand his significance in the storyline but I do resist his recasting. I personally would have preferred a new character rather than recast an old one.
            course I'm picturing them trying to use the "Do this or your name's Mudd" on Harcourt Fenton Mudd and him being like "it's already Mudd"

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              course I'm picturing them trying to use the "Do this or your name's Mudd" on Harcourt Fenton Mudd and him being like "it's already Mudd"

Comment

I liked Harry Mudd. I hope they do the role right.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6736996/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I know this isnt the right topic for it, but is this a late April's fools joke ?
                  Star Trek New Discoveries and most of the cast seems to be from SGA
                  sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Might be something related to SGA, not Star Trek possibly...

Comment

It's clearly nonsense. The name of the director should be a giveaway (not to mention everything else being utterly absurd).
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Harry Mudd? Start date pushed yet again? I'm going to forget this even exists they way things are going!
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

The better do it right, than only half assed.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Rekha Sharma (Battlestar Galactica, The 100), Shazad Latif (Penny Dreadful), Kenneth Mitchell (Jericho, Astronaut Wives Club), Clare McConnell (Dim the Fluorescents), and Damon Runyan (Suits, Supernatural) announced as additional cast members in various Starfleet and Klingon roles.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-d...ts-more-stars/

Comment

First look at #StarTrekDiscovery with @SonequaMG as First Officer Michael Burnham and #MichelleYeoh as Captain Philippa Georgiou. https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/stat...348416/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                First look at #StarTrekDiscovery with @SonequaMG as First Officer Michael Burnham and #MichelleYeoh as Captain Philippa Georgiou. https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/stat...348416/photo/1
                                I might be mistaken, but that looks suspiciously like The Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before type communicator attached to their equipment belts...

Comment

Working...
                                X