Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you've learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you need is a farm... Err, not just cos of S2 of the show...

You may be able to scavenge food for a while, but eventually you'll need to grow your own...

And you'll need a big fence, unless you REALLY know you aren't going to get any walkers come along...

(It hasn't really been heavily pushed as to how easy you can contract zombieism in The Walking Dead (other than bite/scratch), but if their blood CAN spread it, then you don't want zombies walking through your corn crops, drooling and bleeding everywhere... not to mention when you go take care of them... may get a tad messy...)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

don't trust bunny's
      pic by Falcon Horus
      seriously though grab guns some mates a Car and drive as far away as posible
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

^ buffy had already taught me not to trust Bunnies and that they were evil

From this show

Blades are your friend, looking at the group of survivors in the show your only friend
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

oh yes and some Rock Music
          sigpic

Comment

If you going to stay in one place, build something stronger than a wooden fence to keep the zombies out.

Comment

in regards to that more advice don't stop moving
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                If you going to stay in one place, build something stronger than a wooden fence to keep the zombies out.
                Like an Electric Fence
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  Like an Electric Fence
                  Then you need 24/7 power supply... difficult to maintain in a post apocalyptic world, with no power stations... Solar could help, but you'd need good battery backup for night time/winter... Wind power is I believe even less reliable... Generators need fuel... and there'd only be so many fuel stations you could rob, or abandoned cars to siphon...

(All problems I've been considering for my own tv concept... )
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

I was think something like a castle or prison or this Zombie proof house

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/p...ie-proof-house

Of cause you need something big, with enough space inside to become completely self reliant.

Comment

Reign of Fire saw one of humanity's last outposts set up in a castle... quite appropriate when fighting dragons! But yes, would offer lots of resistance against zombies too.

The zombie proof house is amazing! I thought I was the one with too much time on my hands...
                      and lots more!

Comment

That house is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          That house is awesome!
                          It is awe inspiring.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

One thing I learned is don't ever assume that a bunch of abandoned buildings/cars are not plagued with zombies. Why exactly people wander off on their own, go around corners without checking etc is beyond stupid. Constantly check every nook and cranny, people should only move back to back.

If the zombies are attracted to sound, I would have some sort of sound system or explosives to draw them away if needed. Plus using shrapnel in a crossbow like device, to have minimal sound and shred multiple zombies. Even a simple lighter and can of deodorant would torch them.

(Why they are concerned with fixing an RV is beyond me, wheres the schoolbus covered in armor and spikes with flamethrowers on top?)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              One thing I learned is don't ever assume that a bunch of abandoned buildings/cars are not plagued with zombies.
                              Yeah... It's a bit annoying too, when they actually are shown to check pretty heavily, then a surprise zombie crops up...

I would have some sort of sound system or explosives to draw them away
                              Spoiler:
                              They have used sound a few times to draw zombies away from an area (very early on - driving the ?Corvette? with horn blasting etc...) But yes, it is under used... and of course, when guns are fired, it should be a uniform reaction - ie we hard a whole heard come calling after a few gunshots at the end of S2... well there's been plenty other times this should have happened too...

Why they are concerned with fixing an RV is beyond me
                              Spoiler:
                              Nooooooooooooooo.... Awww that poor RV.... It shall be missed.
                              and lots more!

Comment

Also why people must get carried away with looking at something (such as a dead deer) while a zombie attacks them from behind.

Did ANYONE ever think that a farm fence could hold back any amounts of zombies? Why no one would think about fortifying a prison (yes I know they are going to) or military base in the first place as opposed to pitching tents in the woods...

Comment

Working...
                                X