This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You running any ad blocking or script blocking extensions? You have to allow some things for niceties to work.
    no

this is the only site-forum, banks, news, utilities, etc that does this

i have grown accustomed to it.. i mean its been two years, so

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
      i know this doesn't help you, but maybe help mods figure it out?? idk

but when i first signed up i had google (on chrome) save my user and pass as i do for every site i go to

GW would not let me in although i checked keep me signed in ,etc

i came tithe site and tried signing in manually.. no luck

even now, the only way i can get in is by using a saved 2yr old notification email from Gw, and clicking the link to here in that email
      Thank you, I do not save any PWs actually on my tablet, neither in Chrome nor Safari, but it would make me mad if I had your issue

You running any ad blocking or script blocking extensions? You have to allow some things for niceties to work.
      This was actually what I thought, it was an adblocker or script causing my problem, but sadly no

Maybe my tablet just does not like Stargate...

Comment

Hello Moderators..

Its been great coming here and posting those years I was around, but now have moved on to other things.

I would like to delete my account OneillTwo"LL"s

Please email me when you have.

Thanks
        Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
        sigpic
        Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
          Hello Moderators..

Its been great coming here and posting those years I was around, but now have moved on to other things.

Thanks
          Just a wild guess, but I don't think they delete accounts.
          Though, on second thought, they can make them that you no longer have access to it, or something...

It would disrupt entire conversations and threads if parts of it were missing.
          Dude, you have 42,000 posts -- that's a lot of posts... ...that's an entire archive!

Even accounts of people who have long since passed away or were banned, or disappeared on the horizon, are still "active" -- by which I mean, they are (obviously) inactive but still here, as part of the community.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just wanted to thank all the mods for hanging in there with this site. You are the real MVPs.
            I'm not here as much as I was back in 2011, but I still pop in to visit, and still love it. When I look at some of the dates, I realize this has been a 15+ year commitment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stay safe, guys.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

For those of you having trouble logging in: if you know for sure that it's not a script error or an ad /adblock causing the problem,and you've already checked to make sure your device (phone,padd,comp) are all running on the most recent (or customised) addons,plugins and apps and checked your linux/microsoft etc - take a look at your firewalls and security.

Mightn't be a bad idea to file the problem with your browser help people too or take a look through their help pages to see if anything's obsolete or not supported any longer.

Example: Firefox users can take a look at this link and see if it helps Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                Hello Moderators..

Thanks
                Hi ON2LLs!
                We can't delete your account.Falcon covered some of the reasons why...but I've mailed you.
                After I hear back,we can help you close down your account.

Originally posted by Forum FAQ
                How can I delete or close my account?
                If you've decided that you need to leave the forum, we are sorry to see you go! There is no need to do anything to close your account -- just visit the My Controls panel and unsubscribe from threads to avoid receiving further notices. If you are sure you will never want to return and access the account again, you can also scramble your password to a random string of characters and then log out. This effectively locks the account.

We do not delete accounts from the database, since our forum software would then reset all of your posts to "Guest" and wreak havoc on current and past discussions.

If you want to change your username rather than deleting a new account, just send a private message to moderators Skydiver or Bagpuss instead. They can do a one-time username change for you, so you don't have to start over with a new account.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  I just wanted to thank all the mods for hanging in there with this site. You are the real MVPs.
                  I'm not here as much as I was back in 2011, but I still pop in to visit, and still love it. When I look at some of the dates, I realize this has been a 15+ year commitment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stay safe, guys.
                  Thanks Sara!

Been a while eh? about 20 years now,counting the early days of Starguide and Delphi Forums.I joined at the near end of Delphi GW and it feels like yesterday sometimes - and at other times a lifetime ago,lol.
                  You stay safe too!

To all : from the staff with love and respect - stay safe ,healthy, and stress free as much as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    ...about 20 years now...
                    Back when we were wee youngin's... *giggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Back when we were wee youngin's... *giggles*
                      You're still youngn's.

Comment

You're still youngn's.
                        Probably true...

Comment

I have slight issue with logging in. Now I usually keep myself logged in to GateWorld but the times I do need to log back in I encounter a problem. The area where you log in the words user name and password should disappear automatically, when you click in the text boxes to type in log in info, but they don't and when I type in my password it's visible and not dots like it should be be. When I do hit the log in button, it does take me to a page where I can log in with no problem. I'm using Chrome and I did check in an incognito window where the problem was still there. I also checked Firefox 56 (I have my reasons for not updating) and the problem was there too. Oddly enough I tried IE 11 and the problem was not there.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

That issue has been around for quite a while now.Those log in problems are mainly FF related,though I sometimes hit the glitch on Chrome as well.

I suppose the best general advice is to swap browsers around and see what works best...and hope the glitch gets fixed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              I have slight issue with logging in. Now I usually keep myself logged in to GateWorld but the times I do need to log back in I encounter a problem. The area where you log in the words user name and password should disappear automatically, when you click in the text boxes to type in log in info, but they don't and when I type in my password it's visible and not dots like it should be be. When I do hit the log in button, it does take me to a page where I can log in with no problem. I'm using Chrome and I did check in an incognito window where the problem was still there. I also checked Firefox 56 (I have my reasons for not updating) and the problem was there too. Oddly enough I tried IE 11 and the problem was not there.
                              I have that problem, too at times but I avoid it by clicking on a user's name and click on view profile. Taken to a page to log in, I can do so normally, while I could not using the quick-log in area on the top right

Comment

All I do is go to the top right ,click Log in and fill out the little panel that gives us 5 attempts to log-in.

(Click the Remember me box to stay logged in!)

Comment

Working...
                                X