No announcement yet.

Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That was... explosive. I'm not surprised this chapter took so long; very high quality work.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Neela is currently on Vacation AFAIK grumble grumble but i do the the next chapter will likely be done much fast as it's less epic in scope. Two weeks is what i think she said and knowing a little more about what's coming (not too much mind you ) she's definitely excited about the upcoming chapters.

This has been the best chapter yet, and there's still half a story to go
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Short update! Yes, I'm on vacation, and mostly out of wireless range, so responses won't be as quick. I'm working on the next chapters, though! I'm hoping to have at least two of them done by the time I get back in early August.

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
        Oh yes, this was a very good chapter. But I must ask, will Daedalus always take that much damage, before it falls back? It would be an extremely bad tactic.. But it's good, very good. Lot's of potential in this story, you just need to speed up the chapter production..
        I'll have to say that the situation was rather special - they weren't about to back off as long as they had people on the planet. And they didn't really take too much damage - just enough to be forced to cut things short. As you'll learn in next chapter, it won't take long before they're back on patrol again.

As for chapter production... I'm trying to use my vacation to get ahead on the next chapters, since I'm starting my Master's degree this autumn and will in all likelihood be even more busier than normal... That should really be good news, because when I'm stressed out about school work, I tend to write more fanfiction... But no promises.

As a teaser, the next arc is gonna be pretty awesome IMO. Lots of subterfuge, IOA bashing and John/Sam moments. Just my cup of tea.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Wow. That was... explosive. I'm not surprised this chapter took so long; very high quality work.
        Thank you! Add to the fact that action scenes tend to kick my butt, it took longer than I wanted it to... But I'm pretty pleased with the result, so maybe it's better to take the time than rush things after all?

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        Neela is currently on Vacation AFAIK grumble grumble but i do the the next chapter will likely be done much fast as it's less epic in scope. Two weeks is what i think she said and knowing a little more about what's coming (not too much mind you ) she's definitely excited about the upcoming chapters.

This has been the best chapter yet, and there's still half a story to go
        I'm nearly done with chapter 11 already! You'll have lots to do when I get back, Aragon. At least that's my intention. The next chapters are less epic, so they should be easier to write. It's also the part of the story I've been looking forward to the most, as the character are FINALLY gonna have some good things coming their way. Like one of our heroes bashing one of the (probably) most hated characters in the story... Are you teased?

(BTW, Aragon, I love your icon!! )

Have a great summer, all!
        "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
        Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

update: the first draft of chapter 11 is being betaed as i post

All i can say is. "Holy ****!" I wasn't sure what neela had in mind for after that EPIC chapter 10, but she's outdone herself here Utterly awesome I don't think it'll be long for the next chapter
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

New chapter is up!

ELEVEN: "I give up."
            Banner
            It is the last of several final blows. Sam's disappeared and John's trying to figure out what's happened. He's not liking what he sees.

Prompt: a time to weep

Enjoy! This chapter is a direct follow-up to the last one, and it's marking the start of the next arc - which'll deal with some of the issues established in this chapter. As for the next chapter - it's in the works, and I'm probably about halfway finished. Should be up sometime in mid-August.
            "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

Oh my... Grea chapter! I love the scene where Sheppard beats up Coolidge! Great work!
              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Oh my... Grea chapter! I love the scene where Sheppard beats up Coolidge! Great work!
                Thanks! It's been a long time coming, huh? I've been wanting to throw the IOA people a punch since the third chapter...

Comment

Oh yes! But it seems like you have A LOT against Coolidge... Not so much for Shen, and defenetely not Woolsey...
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yes! But it seems like you have A LOT against Coolidge... Not so much for Shen, and defenetely not Woolsey...
                    If you look carefully at the situation, you see much much more coming.

Like why was Shen so calm when John beat the stuffing out of Coolidge?

Comment

I think I get some of it now that you say... Calm before the storm?
                      sigpic

Comment

Awesome new chapter And yes, Coolidge was overdue for a good beating. Love the double cliffhanger- the obvious one in the last scene and the subtle one in the IOA scheming storyline.

*Feels his own dormant writing bug waking up, one brain cell at a time*
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Neela's come up with a great story, there's still so much left to happen And yes, Coolidge totally needed a beating like that The 'diagram' Sam gave John was hinted to many many chapters ago

Comment

The 'diagram' Sam gave John was hinted to many many chapters ago
                            Not THAT many. And quit spoilering

Comment

Not THAT many. And quit spoilering
                              It's only spoilers if it hasn't been mentioned in the fic itself!

believe me, i know alot more and i'm building up the teasing for you so you HAVE to know what comes later

Comment

LOL, yes, poor Coolidge is really getting the brunt of it all. I've been thinking a lot on how I want to portray the three IOA members, and some of them will inevitably get more focus than others because of the plot I've got planned out. All I'll say is: No one's unaffected by the loss of Earth...

If you look carefully at the situation, you see much much more coming.

Like why was Shen so calm when John beat the stuffing out of Coolidge?
                                Shh! You mustn't spoil too much, LR. They might get ideas... *casts a furtive glance over her shoulder*

Awesome new chapter And yes, Coolidge was overdue for a good beating. Love the double cliffhanger- the obvious one in the last scene and the subtle one in the IOA scheming storyline.

*Feels his own dormant writing bug waking up, one brain cell at a time*
                                I used to be obsessed with cliffhangers and always ended each chapter with them, but alas, I don't do that anymore. Don't want to kill off my readers with the tension. As LR says, however, the last scene has already been hinted at. You won't know for sure until, oh, eight-ten chapters down the road?

The next chapter is coming, for those who're wondering. I've been caught up in some busy start-of-term stuff, but I should be able to load up the chapter before the end of the month. I'm taking off in a new direction in this next chapter, so I'm giving it a little extra thought. The healing process is about to begin for a lot of the character, and given what I've put them through, I don't wanna be OCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X