No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra Kree! Round 9 has concluded this round.

5 authors wrote stories, with two of them writing 2 stories, for a total of 7 stories! Great job everyone!

Title: Last Chance by hathor_girl
    Characters: Sam, Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Cam, Martouf/Lantash
    Pairings: Minor Sam/Martouf/Lantash, past Sam/Jack
    Category: Action/adventure, hurt/comfort, angst, AU
    Warnings: temporary character deaths, violence
    Summary: A new alien race has almost conquered everyone in the Milky Way. Sam has one last chance to fix it.
    Prompt: 115. SG-1, Samantha Carter, any, starts post-series, maybe around 2030 or so. A really bad new enemy has appeared and the Galaxy has fallen. They have slowly infiltrated everyone (sort of a parasite or noncorporeal lifeform that can take over people). Those with symbiotes can sense them, like they can the retou, but after the Jaffa killed off the remaining Tok'ra and Goa'uld, no one is left to sense them and they were not discovered in time. The aliens spread some poison gas or radiation or something which Sam is slightly more resistant to, due to changes from Jolinar. She is chosen among the last survivors to go to a new-found alien device, send her consciousness back in time to her younger self, before the aliens took over everyone and everything. If she survives long enough to get to the device.

AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/764...pters/17416894
    Symbiotica: http://www.sg-symbiotica.com/fic/viewstory.php?sid=637

Title: The Things We Don’t Use (They Take and Take) by lady_katana4544
    Characters: Jolinar, Sam Carter, Jack O'Neill, Teal'c
    Pairings: None
    Category: Alternate Universe - Canon
    Warnings: Canon Typical Violence (mentioned), AU
    Summary: In which it is revealed that the Goa'uld and Tokra are harder to kill than originally certain people originally thought when Jolinar awakens within Sam while in the mines at P3R-636.
    Prompt: 127. SG-1, Sam|Jolinar, Jolinar did not die, but is in a coma, unbeknownst to anyone. She is slowly healing and wakes up during “Need”, at the time when Sam otherwise remembers the stuff about the bad effect of the sarcophagus. Now perhaps it is Jolinar saying it.

AO3 link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/7662664

Title: To Hell With Us! by hathor_girl
    Characters: Sam, Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Rosha|Jolinar, others
    Pairings: Mention of Jolinar/Bynarr - though not sure it counts as a relationship as she is his sex slave
    Category: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, AU
    Warnings: some violence, implied rape, minor character death
    Summary: SG-1 ends up on Netu when they trespass on one of Sokar’s planets. There they meet Rosha/Jolinar who had failed to escape.
    Prompt: 109. SG-1, Rosha|Jolinar, Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Teal'c, Their escape from Netu fails and Rosha|Jolinar remain Sokar’s prisoners. At some point SG-1 are also captured by Sokar’s Jaffa and sent to Netu. The SG team works with Rosha|Jolinar to plan another escape attempt.

AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/778...pters/17767918
    Symbiotica: http://sg-symbiotica.com/fic/viewstory.php?sid=639
    FFNet: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12104947/1/To-Hell-With-Us

Title: Operation Overlord by roeskva
    Characters: Teal'c, Martouf/Lantash, Jacob/Selmak, Bra'tac, O'Neill, Daniel, Sam, others
    Category: Drama, adventure, apocafic, AU
    Warnings: Mild violence
    Summary: Daniel really does get Goa'uld genetic memories from Shifu and he becomes a megalomaniac. Teal'c escapes Earth and enlists Bra'tac, Martouf/Lantash, and Jacob/Selmak to help save his friends and Earth. AU of “Absolute Power”
    Prompt: 056. SG-1, Daniel Jackson, Any Tok'Ra, The events of the episode “Absolute Power” are not all just a dream and Daniel Jackson really does become megalomaniacal from the Goa'uld knowledge given to him by Shifu. Before Daniel can stop him, Teal'c manages to make it off world and warn the Tok'Ra (& any other Earth allies who would listen) about what’s going on. Now the Tok'Ra have to try & rescue what’s left of SG-1 and stop Daniel before it’s too late.

AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/783...pters/17875936
    Symbiotica: http://www.sg-symbiotica.com/fic/viewstory.php?sid=640
    Fanfiction.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1211278...ation-Overlord

Title: Moebius Transformation by anthropos_agnostos
    Characters: Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Dr. Stewart, Teal'c, Martouf|Lantash
    Category: Action/adventure, time travel, AU
    Warnings: Canon-level Violence
    Summary: SG-1’s mission was simple: go back to one of the most turbulent times in recent history, infiltrate a well-guarded camp and steal a piece of alien technology without altering the timeline. Piece of cake - what could possibly go wrong? (A Moebius AU story)
    Prompt: 095. SG-1, Martouf|Lantash and SG-1, time travel to any time in Earth’s past, maybe while the Goa'uld are still there.

FF.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12083193/1/

Title: The Mercy of Ba'al by anthropos_agnostos
    Characters: Ba'al, Kanan, Teal'c
    Parings: None
    Category: Angst, time travel, AU (a canon one)
    Warnings: Scenes of Torture
    Summary: Ba'al smirked. “Kill you? Why, our beloved Quetesh demanded we keep you alive to witness how the fleet reduces your world to a burning cinder. But I am a merciful god.” (One-shot set in the Continuum timeline)
    Prompts: 014. SG-1, any Tok’ra, any goa’uld, A goa’uld lets a captured Tok’ra go and it is not a trick.
    AND
    049. SG-1, Ba’al, Tok’ra council, Egeria, Ba’al found Egeria on Pangara (still healthy) and is demanding the Tok’ra negotiate with him or else Egeria will suffer. How far will each side go?

FF.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12113320/1/

Title: Strengthening the Alliance by twinkie_snacker
    Characters: Shara/Eschel, Sarran/Nenesh, Lena/Razan, Malek, Sam, Daniel, Cam, Teal'c, others
    Category: Drama
    Warnings: None
    Summary: Eschel, queen of the Tok'ra, decides it is time to do something about the weakening of the Tok'ra-Tau'ri alliance.
    Prompt: 197. Stargate the Lost Colony, anyone, let’s hear about all the little snakelets and maybe some of them get hosts in the Milky Way or in Atlantis!
    Notes: Crossover with Stargate Lost Colony/Stargate SG-1. Takes place around mid-season 9 of SG-1 (and mid-season 2 of SGA). Not quite the prompt, but sort of. Maybe more in a sequel.

Fanfiction.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1208705...g-the-Alliance
    Symbiotica: http://www.sg-symbiotica.com/fic/viewstory.php?sid=638
    AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/7686697
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Will there be a new round soon? Do you know?

Comment

I checked. On http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/ there is a timeline:

Timeline: Round 10: Prompt-A-Thon!
        Prompting: May 1st - 14th, 2017.
        Claiming: May 15th - May 29th, 2017 (max 2 prompts).
        Claiming: May 30th - July 30th, 2017 (additional claiming).
        Claiming Ends / Last Day To Drop Out: July 30th, 2017.
        Posting: July 31st - August 21st, 2017.

So I guess there's probably going to be a round? I would love some Tok'ra fic to read!
        sigpic
        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Welcome to round 10 of the Tok'ra Kree! Prompt-a-thon!

The time has come to leave prompts for the 10th round. We got a lot of wonderful prompts for the last round, and we hope the same will be the case now!

Prompting is open from May 15th and through May 28th.

Schedule for the prompt-a-thon:

Prompting: May 15th - 28th, 2017.
          Claiming: May 29th - June 11th, 2017 (max 2 prompts).
          Claiming: June 12th - August 13th, 2017 (additional claiming).
          Claiming Ends / Last Day To Drop Out: August 13th, 2017.
          Posting: August 14th - September 4th, 2017.

Leave Tok’ra related Stargate prompts on the comm's page on Livejournal or on Dreamwidth, where you can also find more information. You do not need an account! You are very welcome to leave prompts anonymously!

Prompts should belong to the Stargate universe (SG-1, SGA, SGU, movies), though crossovers are permitted.
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Since I gathered this for a post on the Sam and Martouf/Lantash thread, I thought I would post it here too:

Various information and stuff on Tok'ra Kree!'s pages, which is useful for fic writing etc.:

-Info about canon Tok'ra
            -Info on canon Goa'uld: 01, 02
            -Tok'ra Screencaps
            -List of Tok'ra episodes
            -Jaffa Forehead Symbols
            -Tok'ra and Tau'ri cooperation
            -Things the Tok'ra have done for the Tau'ri and the Galaxy
            -Tok'ra and Goauld Tech. Weapons . Ships . Misc.
            -General Stargate screencaps (on Roeskva's page - she's one of the mods)

This as well as plenty of prompts and plot bunnies are linked from their resource page.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post

Welcome to round 10 of the Tok'ra Kree! Prompt-a-thon!

The time has come to leave prompts for the 10th round. We got a lot of wonderful prompts for the last round, and we hope the same will be the case now!

Prompting is open from May 15th and through May 28th.

Schedule for the prompt-a-thon:

Prompting: May 15th - 28th, 2017.
              Claiming: May 29th - June 11th, 2017 (max 2 prompts).
              Claiming: June 12th - August 13th, 2017 (additional claiming).

Claiming Ends / Last Day To Drop Out: August 13th, 2017.
              Posting: August 14th - September 4th, 2017.

Leave Tok’ra related Stargate prompts on the comm's page on Livejournal or on Dreamwidth, where you can also find more information. You do not need an account! You are very welcome to leave prompts anonymously!

Prompts should belong to the Stargate universe (SG-1, SGA, SGU, movies), though crossovers are permitted.

Claiming has now begun: on Livejournal | on Dreamwidth
              sigpic

Comment

Is there any chance you could reupload your Tok'ra images to a different site? They all say "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

Comment

I am guessing the person who had the pics on photobucket doesn't have one of the new fancy $400 dollar accounts

I had a pro account for about $100 a year, but I am not paying 4 times that! I haven't been able to find other good 3rd party hosting, and with no third-party linking I am dropping my pro account also. My pics are inaccessible for now and maybe forever, depending on whether or not I find my backup and another place to store them. I am guessing the same for Hathor_girl?
                  sigpic
                  Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate38 View Post
                    Is there any chance you could reupload your Tok'ra images to a different site? They all say "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"
                    They're not on my site - I was just copying what Tok'ra Kree! had, and they seem to be using photobucket (or were using them, they seem to be moving everything to somewhere else and updating the image links).
                    sigpic

Comment

Tok’ra Kree! Round 10 - Posting begins/claiming continues

Posting for round 10 has begun today, August 14th and runs through October 4th, 2017 (until midnight your timezone).

You may post your fanwork anytime during the open posting period.

You can find posting instructions in this post on DW and this post on LJ.

NOTE that claiming continues until September 1st, 2017.

The requirement for your fic/artwork/podfic is only that one or more Tok'ra play an important part, and are not merely there as an easy way to get information and/or technology.

All ratings welcome. Also, gen, het, femslash, slash, poly, are welcome. Show should be Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, the Stargate movies, crossovers between any of these, or crossover with other show, as long as the Stargate component is clear.

If you need them, the rules can be found here and the FAQ is here.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a Tok'ra fetish, I must admit.
                        Never Goa'uld though (maybe Hathor).
                        The voice, and the rebellious thing might be the reason.

Comment

Does anyone think that Malek is hot? I certainly do he is gorgeous!

Comment

I live Jacob too he is gorgeous

Comment

I love the Tok'ras, I think they're so under-rated and under-appreciated on the show, to me they are 1 of the most fascinating races on the show along with the Asgards. My fav Tok'ras are Martouf/Lantash and Jacob/Selmak I cried when they both died

Comment

O'Neill in particular disliked the Tok'ras and his often disrespect and rudeness towards them always annoyed me, the Tok'ras have helped the Tauri so many times, even saved them on some occasions and provided them with many crucial intel and weapons, and yet they got very little appreciation for all their crucial contributions, especially from O'Neill. Would the Tauri have been successful in defeating the Goa'ulds and all the System Lords had they not formed an alliance with the Tok'ra? I doubt it, the Tok'ra played a huge part in the defeat of the Goa'ulds and Anubis, so they should be more appreciated and respected, but I feel they get little appreciation and respect from the other characters on the show and from the Stargate fanbase in general for some reason, which is really sad
                                And let's not forget that O'Neill would've died long ago from a deadly virus in ep 6x04 had he not blended with a Tok'ra symbiote, but instead of being grateful to the Tok'ras for saving his life, he was so unappreciative to them and then complained about being influenced by his Tok'ra symbiote in 7x03. I'm not saying that O'Neill should like the Tok'ras, if he doesn't like them then he is entitled to his opinions about them, but he should've at least been grateful to the Tok'ras and respected them for saving his life and for providing so much help to the Tauri throughout the show, he should've at least acknowledged all the Tok'ra's important contributions and given the Tok'ra the credit they deserved. His lack of respect and appreciation for them just makes O'Neill seem like a very ungrateful and rude and disrespectful person
                                Actually O'Neill just comes across as rather insensitive in general, I find his attitude towards certain alien races rude, disrespectful and insensitive, and not just towards the Tok'ra, he often carelessly says things and behave in certain ways before he thinks, but he was especially insensitive & disrespectful towards the Tok'ras, and I honestly never understood why he disliked the Tok'ras so much, he really had no reason to be at all, after everything the Tok'ras have done to help the Tauri and in the battles against the Goa'ulds, O'Neill should be grateful to them. O'Neill's rude attitude towards the Tok'ras have always irritated me, his lack of respect and appreciation for the Tok'ras is 1 of the many reasons why I dislike O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X