Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I think he said that because of your comment about going back to the events of the original film.
    that

Comment

Snowman37...............more or less don't cut it for me.I would have like to seen the Alterrans trip across the galaxies ......the different aliens they encountered.......the different worlds they stopped at.........and what made them choose earth.Watching SGU and seeing how some of the crew decided to stay on that ''faith'' planet makes me wonder how many ancients stayed on other planets on their travels to our galaxy.I would have like to seen how they developed their hyperdrives and shields and all that.....and even though their hideout was under a mountain....how did they manage to build such a big ship right under the ori's nose...........how the went about setting up the very first gate.......and who had the courage to go thru the gate first.

Comment

I'm more curious as to how they built the village on the mountain cliff when there's no visible way up or down the mountain. A village that small can't survive in total isolation.

Though the story of the Alterans traveling from their galaxy to the Milky Way may be interesting, Brad Wright never had any interest in producing a prequel series or one set in the future. He wanted to keep the show grounded in the present day.

Comment

Not having read the books following the end of SGA, this is what I surmise might play out,

After returning to Earth, Col. Sheppard is transfered over to other SG Teams along with Ronon, Teyla and Lorne. McKay is sent to area 51 to head research and development of all Atlantis technologies for incorporation to Earth's defense, Todd is held prisoner and questioned all the time by the IOA and the NID. The rest of the atlantis expedition will stay on as consultants while kinsey plots a takeover of the Lantean city. This all leads up to a new government being elected who wants to try to make the program itself public knowledge but has trouble convincing the appropriate channels that this would be the right thing, mostly due to religous and corporate greed.

This is just an early plot idea, mind you, it does have lots of holes to be filled.
          An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

I have a couple of problems with this plot.

First, how does Atlantis leave Earth without revealing itself? My understanding is that the drive and the stealth shield are mutually exclusive, so to boost into space the cityship will need to be visible. And the "meteor" cover explanation won't work, since meteors don't go up!

Second, the alarm/self-destruct sequence ... well... it just seems a bit deux-ex-machina.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
              Not having read the books following the end of SGA, this is what I surmise might play out,

After returning to Earth, Col. Sheppard is transfered over to other SG Teams along with Ronon, Teyla and Lorne. McKay is sent to area 51 to head research and development of all Atlantis technologies for incorporation to Earth's defense, Todd is held prisoner and questioned all the time by the IOA and the NID. The rest of the atlantis expedition will stay on as consultants while kinsey plots a takeover of the Lantean city. This all leads up to a new government being elected who wants to try to make the program itself public knowledge but has trouble convincing the appropriate channels that this would be the right thing, mostly due to religous and corporate greed.

This is just an early plot idea, mind you, it does have lots of holes to be filled.
              Kinsey was disposed of in Season 8 of SG1. He was taken over by a goa'uld and was either killed or somehow managed to get off the ship that was about to be destroyed by the Prometheus.

Comment

Due to fan fiction warping my mind, I would imagine that Atlantis is returned to the Pegasus galaxy by the team sneaking around to get sufficient power to the wormhole drive (and making sure everything is operational) and whisking it out from under the IOA's nose. It just seems more logical (in my mind, of course) that the plot would be something along those lines rather than some self-destruct. After all, the Ancients sank the city in the hopes their kind would inhabit the city once again, and we know the city has identified those with the gene as being the ones in charge of the city so a self-destruct going off just confuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by KatherineOfAtlantis View Post
                  Due to fan fiction warping my mind, I would imagine that Atlantis is returned to the Pegasus galaxy by the team sneaking around to get sufficient power to the wormhole drive (and making sure everything is operational) and whisking it out from under the IOA's nose. It just seems more logical (in my mind, of course) that the plot would be something along those lines rather than some self-destruct. After all, the Ancients sank the city in the hopes their kind would inhabit the city once again, and we know the city has identified those with the gene as being the ones in charge of the city so a self-destruct going off just confuses me.
                  I think you just located the plothole...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would say from what we've seen that the Stargate Atlantis Extinction script was far more 'hole' than actual 'plot'.

Comment

Their is a reason that scripts go through many drafts
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I think you just located the plothole...
                        I know I know, I was just attempting to word it nicely as if I were a prim and proper lady. >.> The best reason for Atlantis going back to Pegasus is simply because they woke the Wraith early, the Wraith are on a feeding frenzy, and it would be much easier to stamp out the largest trouble making Wraith over there while they're building up their forces (and thus weaker) rather than waiting on them to get to Earth in another super hive. Not to mention the countless civilizations that are in desperate need of protection now, which the SGC is able to provide. It's like a Xenomorph hive...gotta get to the center of the problem and blow everything to bits (then nuke it from orbit) rather than trying to pick off the Xenomorphs from a distance as for every one that is killed two take its place.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Their is a reason that scripts go through many drafts
                          To plug them damn holes.

Originally posted by KatherineOfAtlantis View Post
                          I know I know, I was just attempting to word it nicely as if I were a prim and proper lady. >.>
                          Welcome to Gateworld!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            Welcome to Gateworld!
                            Thank you, I'd been meaning to join for several years as the community here is absolutely wonderful.

Comment

Atlantis for all we know was built on Earth, as a result if this is true Earth is where Atlantis should be. But the last Ancients left for Pegasus in the next best thing next to what would have been Vis Uban. Before they came down with the plague.

I don't like the self destruct idea, I think that is a Bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X