This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me again... again...

Looking for a beta to review a 1K secret santa fic. I'm not a native English speaker, so I need someone to check my grammar and spelling (and if you come across a plothole the size of which you can run a puddlejumper through, you may kindly tell me to plug it).

If your LJ-handle is Lizs24 - please back away slowly. Thank you.

Spoiler:
    Wordcount: 1184

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
    Pairing & Characters: Evan Lorne, Teyla Emmagan, Parrish, Elizabeth Weir, Carson Beckett | hint of Teyla Emmagan/Carson Beckett (friendship or ship, whichever way you like to see it)
    Rating: PG

This is an urgent request, for I will require to have the beta done by december 20, 8pm (GMT+1 - Europe time, Belgium).

BETA FOUND - THANK YOU Mrs. Gatefan!
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 19 December 2016, 12:40 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can ask Mrs GF if you want FH.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        I can ask Mrs GF if you want FH.
        If she has time.

Comment

School holidays for us FH.
          She's out now, but I will ask her when she gets home.
          sigpic

Comment

School holidays for us FH.
            She's out now, but I will ask her when she gets home.
            Ah... oh, right... It's summer on your end.

Comment

Sent you a VM and Email FH.
              sigpic

Comment

Sent you a VM and Email FH.
                Received it! Thank you!

Comment

It's a long shot (and I'm probably the only one even in this thread somewhat alive) but looking for someone to look over a 1400-words fic. Grammar and spelling (non-native speaker).

Stargate Atlantis -- Elizabeth Weir centric -- T -- no pairings -- somewhat episode related to Progeny, The Real World, Lifeline & Ghost In The Machine

If it could be done this weekend, so I could have it up next week, that would be great.

Beta found, so no longer needed.
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 April 2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I could use a beta for any of my three fics (first two are unfinished). Beta, proofread, commenting on story structure, plot, arcs, dialog, characters, tropes..I could use anything.

I will beta pretty much anything Stargate, especially Atlantis and give anything I can (you know what I mean).
                    Last edited by WraithRichard; 23 September 2018, 10:06 AM.
                    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Looking for someone who'd be willing to look over an, as of yet unwritten, short drabble/ficlet for a fandom stocking filling. It will be Lorne/Parrish -- PG-13 tame.

Edit -- beta found!
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 03 January 2019, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Looking for someone who'd be willing to look over an, as of yet unwritten, short drabble/ficlet for a fandom stocking filling. It will be Lorne/Parrish -- PG-13 tame.
                        I can beta starting next week.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Meanwhile I need beta help myself. I'd especially like help with characterization and continuity, plus fixing plotholes.

Comment

And I'm back with another request (more coming as I have 6 more stargate ficlets in the planning stages for this stocking season)... or perhaps I should just list the potential ficlets and see if anyone's interested:

Stargate Atlantis -- all PG-13 or G even
                            Teyla/Kate -- twice
                            Rodney McKay/John Sheppard (G) -- already written, so read for beta, and another one planned
                            Radek Zelenka
                            Cadman/Lorne
                            Rodney/Ronon

And if anyone fancies a beta for a Legend Of The Seeker ficlet, that'll be Cara/Kahlan. Also PG-13 or G.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And I'm back with another request (more coming as I have 6 more stargate ficlets in the planning stages for this stocking season)... or perhaps I should just list the potential ficlets and see if anyone's interested:

Stargate Atlantis -- all PG-13 or G even
                              Teyla/Kate -- twice
                              Rodney McKay/John Sheppard (G) -- already written, so read for beta, and another one planned
                              Radek Zelenka
                              Cadman/Lorne
                              Rodney/Ronon

And if anyone fancies a beta for a Legend Of The Seeker ficlet, that'll be Cara/Kahlan. Also PG-13 or G.
                              I can't comment on most ships other than whether I beleive them due to writing or not, but I can beta on weekends and Monday, sometimes other days not Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                                I can't comment on most ships other than whether I beleive them due to writing or not, but I can beta on weekends and Monday, sometimes other days not Wednesday
                                Considering I don't normally write them unless I'm feeling really confident or can see it, that makes two of us.
                                I'll keep you in mind.

Also thanks for the feedback on that first one -- haven't had time to check it over but hopefully tonight. The others are still unwritten -- also no time for writing was had. I'm back at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X