Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be fair - i will miss Jericho. I was engulfed by it and liked it a lot. but i gave up hope after it was cancelled the first time. enjoyed the 7 eps they gave us this season.

Comment

how many of the 39 do you think are a direct result of the strike?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
        how many of the 39 do you think are a direct result of the strike?
        < 10

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          I am going to miss Shark
          I liked Shark, although I think it struggled a little this season. I wish they'd have given it another season.

My main regret I think is Women's Murder Club. I like Angie Harmon. The show struggled I admit, but they had some good characters, and I think it could have possibly developed into something good if given a chance to find its feet. Ah well.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            to be fair - i will miss Jericho. I was engulfed by it and liked it a lot. but i gave up hope after it was cancelled the first time. enjoyed the 7 eps they gave us this season.
            Jericho will go down as another firefly shows that were great and never had a chance
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              and it generates a ton of $$$$ for the networks.
              There was a movie with Arnold Schwartzenegger...called...*Running Man* if I am not mistaken. Where folks watched the contestants basically fight for their lives and won prizes throughout the show. Kind of *Lets Make a Deal meets Gladiators* ....is this actually becoming a case of where life is beginning to imitate art?? I really have to wonder
              Lets hope if this happens that at least we'll have people making quality independent videos on the internet.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                My main regret I think is Women's Murder Club. I like Angie Harmon. The show struggled I admit, but they had some good characters, and I think it could have possibly developed into something good if given a chance to find its feet. Ah well.
                I watched the first episode. It wasn't my thing so I didn't watch anymore.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                Jericho will go down as another firefly shows that were great and never had a chance
                Sorry but it was far from Firefly quality, imo.

The show was given a second chance. It failed because the ratings weren't there even after the show had been resurrected.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I can't say I watched very many of the shows but what struck me on many of them was it was either only after one season OR after only 3-8 episodes.

I do believe it has gotten ridiculous for networks to expect a show to have *instant ratings* because of the fact that there is just so much to choose from now days. That fact should IMHO make networks give shows a bit more time to catch on as folks surf the vastness of cable AND satellite TV. To keep filling up the airwaves with junk just makes folks turn to the Internet or other avenues more and more.

I think to answer the person's question from above of how many were affected by the strike...I am going to just guess and say the ones that didn't get a full season are probably safer bets on that.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                  X